Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting points that come out of the missing persons document someone posted above about why people go missing.

Regarding the idea that Leah has 'no reason' to go voluntarily missing, I think the document disproves that, as it states that the reasons are always complex and multiple, and therefore not always 'rational'.

HeartMKNews‏ @HeartMKNews

Leah Croucher: New pictures released tonight of the missing 19 year-old nearly 5 weeks since Leah went missing. On air now (6pm); hear Leah's parents on #HeartNews

D2HotPnWoAEYSd5.jpg

HeartMKNews on Twitter

Oh My. She really looks younger than 19 to me. Or I am getting old.

And I certainly hope that LE would have done some serious 'looking' at the players involved with that setup? They would have, right?

I haven't seen anything in the MSM about it but if you look at Leah's brother's FB page you will find the answer.

True but it is easier to snatch a 13yo defenceless schoolgirl who is 1/3 of your weight (Bellfield was over 20st) than it is to snatch the European female taekwondo champion which Leah is

Right, but I think martial arts will only get you so far.
Her against the power of a fully grown man maybe twice her size by herself I don't think she really would have had a chance. She may well have put up a real struggle, but my gut feeling is that she would have been overpowered very quickly and taken away.

I think the car/van would have been in a secluded park carpark that the path would either cross or be near, the person would just wait, obviously spotted Leah and decided to ambush her when the coast was clear. I doubt she was followed, I think it was opportunistic abduction.

I think she would have died sometime that day after a horrific ordeal. I am convinced her body will eventually be found in some countryside scrub, woodland, or brush and not within MK.

In addition, I believe Leah Croucher was selected by the kidnapper precisely becouse she looks like a schoolgirl many years younger than her true age. She is petite and would have looked like easy prey to any determined abductor.

It is however a great and societal shame that women cannot enjoy the safety and confidence we fully grown men have come to expect when out and about in the world.

Last edited:
In addition, I believe Leah Croucher was selected by the kidnapper precisely becouse she looks like a schoolgirl many years younger than her true age. She is petite and would have looked like easy prey to any determined abductor.

It is however a great and societal shame that women cannot enjoy the safety and confidence we fully grown men have come to expect when out and about.

I remember a few years ago walking though a dark path at 11am on a Friday night from a concert I had just been to, having spotted a man in the corner of my eye standing straight behind a large tree trunk next to the path in total darkness, I asked the unknown male what he was doing and said he was taking a piss and to .... off!.

He wasn't, and he knew that I knew he wasn't, and that's why he didn't like it and resorted to vitriol against me. Anyway, we walked in different directions until out of sight of each other, but I still wonder what may have come of the situation had I not been a male, and that is what makes our reality so unjust. Why do so many men not treasure women?. It is a question I feel I'll never find the answer to.

It’s too ingrained in our society that women shouldn’t put themselves at risk, whereas there is no emphasis on men to not assault women!

It’s too ingrained in our society that women shouldn’t put themselves at risk, whereas there is no emphasis on men to not assault women!

I did edit my post back there becouse I thought it was off topic and not relevant to the discussion.

I think we are making progress in the west on this issue but many continue to harbor archaic and ancient attitudes towards the role and safety of women. One day these sorts of attacks may become rare but at the moment I don't think I've seen so many young women disappearing. It is a shame, it really is.

I have just seen the Leah family interview and it is really hard to watch.

Right, but I think martial arts will only get you so far.
Her against the power of a fully grown man maybe twice her size by herself I don't think she really would have had a chance. She may well have put up a real struggle, but my gut feeling is that she would have been overpowered very quickly and taken away.

I think the car/van would have been in a secluded park carpark that the path would either cross or be near, the person would just wait, obviously spotted Leah and decided to ambush her when the coast was clear. I doubt she was followed, I think it was opportunistic abduction.

I think she would have died sometime that day after a horrific ordeal. I am convinced her body will eventually be found in some countryside scrub, woodland, or brush and not within MK.

Disagree about the martial arts bit, they are trained to know the pressure points in the body and much more, they know where kicks and elbows can cause the maximum damage to a potential assailant

I used to manage a bar a few years ago and one of the door team was 5ft 2 and slim female, I saw her take out 2 guys in excess of 6ft 4 who went for her (drunken rugby players), size and weight didn’t matter they were spark out

I have no doubt Leah would be able to take out an attacker unless he crept up from behind and bashed her over the head rendering her unconscious or something

My gut feeling is that it was not a random stranger creeping up on her and bundling her into a car or van, i think the person that holds the key to her disappearance is someone she knows and knows well

Who could overpower a female highly skilled martial arts practicer? imho only a male with a similar skill set, if I was a police officer I would be looking very thoroughly into all the guys in her martial arts club

<modsnipped against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep checking on this thread and everytime I think “there has to be some news” but still nothing :(

A young girl has gone missing and no leads at all. If LE have no evidence that she has left of her own free will then is the conclusion we have an active abductor on the loose. And one who is not afraid to operate in broad daylight. I hope LE are not treading carefully just to avoid the panic associated with this conclusion. Better for peace of mind to assume that deeper investigations are going on behind the scenes

Interested to know the standard of England’s CCTV if anyone knows. Surely they must have an idea of all vehicles in the area at this time? Any vehicles that have not been in the area since etc. If not then more thought needs to go into civilian safety. A few strategic cameras could surely capture all traffic flow

I just wish that this case would get more national attention..

Heart News MK

Seen this police appeal this morning, it really feels like they have nothing but everything at the same time.

Is it not national news, becuse they have information it’s someone local? Or Leah has gone on her own accord?

Who has given the anonymous donation?

Are they purely waiting for a body to be found? There doesn’t seem to be any urgency locally anymore

What’s going on in that family? They urge Leah herself to make contact

So many questions but I do wonder why there is such a lack of reporting on this, I think you’d be hard pressed to find as many people who knew about Libby Squire out of area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member