CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot & murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading about this when it happened and being shocked at how “average” these guys looked- not what you typically picture when you think about drug kingpins. Similar to some in this group...

Right? These guys are in their 20’s; they look like they should be slinging fries or backpacks at the least.

What it sounded like to me was the “boss” had a right hand person who handled the drivers and the low-level dealers. When anything went wrong, the right hand person was expected to call the enforcers in.

So my question: if one in this group we’re looking at actually had enforcers/“his boys” to call in to keep James away, does it put that person up higher on the totem pole than we originally thought? And likewise, does it put James down lower?

I think James wasn’t very involved in this whole criminal enterprise, or if he was it was very low level. So, to me it seems weird that the guy would call in “his boys” to deal with James when he could have just not answered the door that night. MOO.

Just a guess...but anyone above them on the heirarchy?

I originally thought that, too. But it looks like there are just a few “power players” and everyone else is treated the same. So, the drivers, the “scientist” if they have one, the street dealers, the cutters & baggers — these people get enforcers called on them if they don’t produce. And only the boss or manager has the power/right to call for muscle?

I mean, every situation is unique, I’m sure but I was just surprised when I read this as it seemed like the manager handled all the logistics (for $5k-$10k/mo, which seemed low to me given all the risks involved), where the drivers got a flat fee and the dealers had to rely on their hustle. I guess I’m a little stumped on the risk/reward scale.

Right? These guys are in their 20’s; they look like they should be slinging fries or backpacks at the least.

What it sounded like to me was the “boss” had a right hand person who handled the drivers and the low-level dealers. When anything went wrong, the right hand person was expected to call the enforcers in.

So my question: if one in this group we’re looking at actually had enforcers/“his boys” to call in to keep James away, does it put that person up higher on the totem pole than we originally thought? And likewise, does it put James down lower?

I think James wasn’t very involved in this whole criminal enterprise, or if he was it was very low level. So, to me it seems weird that the guy would call in “his boys” to deal with James when he could have just not answered the door that night. MOO.

I agree with the bolded. My opinion only, of course.

I originally thought that, too. But it looks like there are just a few “power players” and everyone else is treated the same. So, the drivers, the “scientist” if they have one, the street dealers, the cutters & baggers — these people get enforcers called on them if they don’t produce. And only the boss or manager has the power/right to call for muscle?

I mean, every situation is unique, I’m sure but I was just surprised when I read this as it seemed like the manager handled all the logistics (for $5k-$10k/mo, which seemed low to me given all the risks involved), where the drivers got a flat fee and the dealers had to rely on their hustle. I guess I’m a little stumped on the risk/reward scale.

As far as the risk/reward scale goes, I’m wondering if, for an addict, the ability to feed their own addiction makes it worth it. Might even be more valuable to them than the cash?

B3 Account has said SB is NOT the Boss, Bookie, Distributor, or Enforcer.

B3 Account has said SB is NOT the Boss, Bookie, Distributor, or Enforcer.
They have said the bookie was not at the house the night James died- this could still be sb if he wasn’t there

They have said the bookie was not at the house the night James died- this could still be sb if he wasn’t there[/QUOTE

The bolded portion I agree 100%.

The reason I said SB was NOT the bookie was based on B3's answer on the last thread, page 50, Post #989.

It said BS was NOT the Bookie & I thought they meant SB, so I'm not for sure.

Wasn't James owed money? Wasn't Ryan said to be funneling money.....$18,000? How would that fit in with the drug/organization hierarchy?

Sorry, I'm having issues with the quote feature on this one -

Jetta said, "The reason I said SB was NOT the bookie was based on B3's answer on the last thread, page 50, Post #989.

It said BS was NOT the Bookie & I thought they meant SB, so I'm not for sure"

I've always assumed they meant SB in that post.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm having issues with the quote feature on this one -

Jetta said, "The reason I said SB was NOT the bookie was based on B3's answer on the last thread, page 50, Post #989.

It said BS was NOT the Bookie & I thought they meant SB, so I'm not for sure"

I've always assumed they meant SB in that post.
Interesting, I’d love clarification from b3 if possible

As far as the risk/reward scale goes, I’m wondering if, for an addict, the ability to feed their own addiction makes it worth it. Might even be more valuable to them than the cash?

The top dogs in organized crime count on this and exploit it every chance they get. This case seems to be a result of the overlap of several such organizations - or one large organization that has really "diversified".

Just my humble opinion.

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. No one deserves to go through this hell on Earth...

In all fairness, though - the last thing any of us want is for the the integrity of the investigation to be compromised.

The public’s “need to know” will always be trumped by the need (for everyone’s sake) to protect the investigation. It would be horrible if, when this goes to trial, (which I pray it does - and sooner rather than later) the outcome were different because too much was shared on SM. That would be a nightmare.

A lot of criminal cases get played out on Social Media from sources I have talked to in most cases it has no effect on any trial in the future.

A lot of criminal cases get played out on Social Media from sources I have talked to in most cases it has no effect on any trial in the future.

That statement was in support of the B3 account's need to keep certain things close to the vest, which I assume is a request made by LE.

Have to consider potential jury pool, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member