Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the river was very high tonight as i passed over Clough road bridge, almost at high tide and travelling back out. I stopped and took some pictures and a video to show the fullness and movement of the water. Im not sure if its macabre and insensitive to post them now though. It felt chilling stood there.

I bet it felt strange for you. Sadly as life stands still for Libby’s family right now in a huge nightmare the world keeps turning and that includes the waves turning over. I believe in fate and they were meant to find their precious girl even in the saddest of outcomes. I hope and pray that the perpetrator of this horrible crime is off the streets to make Hull a much safer place. I’m completely unfamiliar with the area but the community spirit is obvious. I hope that in the not too distant future people can go about their lives again feeling safe and not living in fear. I hope Libby’s death as devastating as it is will not be in vain

I bet it felt strange for you. Sadly as life stands still for Libby’s family right now in a huge nightmare the world keeps turning and that includes the waves turning over. I believe in fate and they were meant to find their precious girl even in the saddest of outcomes. I hope and pray that the perpetrator of this horrible crime is off the streets to make Hull a much safer place. I’m completely unfamiliar with the area but the community spirit is obvious. I hope that in the not too distant future people can go about their lives again feeling safe and not living in fear. I hope Libby’s death as devastating as it is will not be in vain

I agree with you there, I think it was nature's way of holding onto her at the last part before heading out to sea and was found, because this was never meant to happen to poor Libby.

I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

Thank you for doing this, you are such a kind and thoughtful person. It's so lovely that there are so many tributes and flowers for Libby :)

I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

I love this.

Thank you Strontium

I need to catch up on tonights thread as I have been to lay some flowers at Libbys bench, there were lots of people around and it looked beautiful. Brimming with flowers, candles, cards, poems and balloons.
It was a sad moment of relection on a beautiful young girl whos light was extingushed far too soon.
I just saw Libbys bench on the BBC 10pm news. They were live there with a reporter and I saw our messages there that Strontium had tied to the bench. I'm glad you were able to lay your flowers there today too. It must have been utterly heartbreaking to read the messages

I agree with you there, I think it was nature's way of holding onto her at the last part before heading out to sea and was found, because this was never meant to happen to poor Libby.
It was so very fortunate that a crew member on board a boat saw Libby just in time before she was lost to the sea forever. If her body had gone out to sea and never been found it would have been even more utterly devastating for her family and friends and if it is murder the perpetrator could have evaded justice with no body found and be free to murder again.

I noticed the river was very high tonight as i passed over Clough road bridge, almost at high tide and travelling back out. I stopped and took some pictures and a video to show the fullness and movement of the water. Im not sure if its macabre and insensitive to post them now though. It felt chilling stood there.
Could this part of the river be a possible entry point for Libby especially as you say it is high and fast flowing or is this too far from Oak Road park and too noticeable to members of the public?

@Strontium69 I'm away to bed but before I go I wanted to say summat. I've watched this case here from the beginning and repeatedly been impressed/awed by people's input, in particular yours. Especially with being assaulted too. My daughter is a 20 year old away at uni and has had a couple of minor freak outs alone in student housing, and from the beginning I've had that parallel of "She could have been any of our kids". I could only hope that God forbid any harm came to her, she would have people like you lot here on the case, again Strontium, in particular people like you. Thank you for what you have done, today and throughout.

I’ve always thought that the person getting into the passenger side is either yanked back towards someone, before getting in, or it has the illusion of someone turning back quickly (as you would if you were giving someone a kiss for example).

It’s like their body and legs are pulled away from getting in, a second or two passes and then they step in the car.
, it doesn’t appear that they’re forced in
From my observations of the video recording, the said person ( presumably Libby) lacked strength potentially due to being inebriated, and tried to resist getting into the car... if you look very closely at a close-up video you can see her feet resisting going forwards. At this very point, there appears to me to be a struggle and she is pushed or forcefully nudged into the car. I suspect at the point of the struggle she was punched.. perhaps in the head/temple region because this would explain her almost flopping sideways and disorientated into the seat rather quickly. Hi Everyone, this is my first post comment, and I share the sentiments regarding the sad revelation of Libby's passing, may she rest in peace, with justice.

What time was this? I ask because I have been plotting my trips across the river and comparing the marker I was given as high tide against the fellas guesstimated offset.
By my reckoning when I crossed around 7.12 this morning (cab cctv) it should have been somewhere around high tide. If your time is about right we gotta be talking almost 20:30.

The tide time of the Hull is not the most important thing to me. It is the flow back into the estuary (or drag by the major waterway).

Drag is at its maximum the first few days and reduces as the body begins to fill with gas and lighten due to bacterial activity.

Tie this with tide times, current flow rate, daylight hours and activity on the River Hull and I am almost certain that the bracken cutting on Oak Road is not an exercise in locating an entry point to the water,

It would have been around 2030. I have whatsapp messages form 2015 and 2046 that are before and after so within that half hour window.

I personally wouldn't think it was a possible entry point as its too open to see, it is just upstream beyond the bends from Oak road though flowing towards the Humber. I would have thought possibly less than 20 minutes on foot by the river path but ive nwver walked it.

That great. Thank you. At least my maths are sound.

Eliminating things is my way of working it through.

My next thought was: "Where is there water that is fast flowing enough to transport an unconscious or dead body, but away from prying eyes?"

I have just checked todays high tide was 7.07pm almost 90 mins before i was there and the water was only a foot fron the top, it still looked very full.
High tide on 1st feb was around 3.41am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-22-23-11-55.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-22-23-11-55.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 17

My next thought was: "Where is there water that is fast flowing enough to transport an unconscious or dead body, but away from prying eyes?"
Someone said St Andrews Quay. But I can't remember where I said it.

Would a drain (possibly Barmston) be fast flowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks