CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe you quite understand the series of events that happened.
Provecho paid a total of $33,800 through Paypal
Chase received $19,000 from Joey with the 1st payment.
Chase made excuses and never finished the fountain, another company did.
Provecho filed a dispute for a charge back, Provecho prevailed and $33,800 was taken out of Joey's account.
Joey filed a counter complaint, Provecho prevailed again.
Chase owed $19,000 to Joey for the job he was paid for but never completed.
There was no lawsuit.
There was no mechanical lien.
Chase was supposed to make payments to Joey.
Joey did NOT owe Chase $19,000 for the Provecho job as Chase stated to LE with the balance sheet.
The Provecho job has already been mentioned quite a few times in court, Maline grilled Cathy on it and Chase instructed herabout what to say on it.
I suspect it will be revisited more thoroughly in the State's rebuttal.
And having dealt with Paypal hundreds of times with over $100,000 of merchandise, in my experience, and those of my son who does custom art pieces, they are VERY thorough. If you prevail in a charge back, the other guy did NOT follow through on their commitment.
Thanks Bernina, but my problem is that I don't see any evidence of these Paypal payments, do you have a link to Joey's Paypal statements? I thought the reason Chase didn't finish the Provecho fountain was because Provecho didn't pay the balance.

Welll....someone forwarded that Provecho email string from JM's email account to CM's on Feb, 24, 2010 - it certainly wasn't Joey, nor DK. If anyone else had broken into JM's email account, why on earth would they forward the whole string to one of the people involved in the conversation? I hope Part II will shed some light on (or at least good speculation in lieu of) on the reasoning for that.
How do you know it wasn't DK?

<modsnipped quoted post>

I believe the point was that Joey PAID Chase his portion of the Provecho job with the 1st 50% down before the charge back (through Paypal), which Chase claimed in the LE interview he was not. Chase also did not complete the job. Chase owed those monies to Joey. And the documentation of that job was later sent to Chase February 28, 2010 from Joey's email address, after the family was murdered, but Chase told nothing to LE about email coming from Joey after the family was missing..........because Chase had accessed another of Joey's email accounts.

Paypal probably has the highest if not the highest buyer/seller protection. Provecho prevailed in the charge back even after Joey disputed it. Provecho wasn't in the wrong.

I don't recall whether Chase said he was paid for the Provecho job or not in his Feb 17/10 interview, maybe you can recall where in the interview it is?

The post you replied to has been removed, so I'm unsure what can be referenced lol But from what I read, the job wasn't completed because the final payment had yet to be received. Was Chase supposed to go finish the job regardless of whether the company paid the final balance? Joey made it pretty clear that the job would be completed when final payment was received... but instead the company did a chargeback on her credit card through PayPal.

I am really unsure what the business relationship actually was now... were they 'partners' or was Chase or Idesign a subcontractor, contracted to do waterfalls at that time? If it was any other company, let's say Metro Sheet Metal... would Joey have made them pay the money back as well if someone or a company didn't make the Final payment or did a chargeback?

Looks that way. Who knew we would have a week off in the midst of this trial? And I have no clue why? Do you?
A week? I wish it was only a week. Next week they have a half a day all week (I think). I got to thinking about how the defense said they didn’t have their witnesses ready. The judge replied with, “I understand you can’t have all your witnesses lined up outside the courtroom.” Anyway, I was thinking that the defense knew the state was going to rest about a week ahead of time. That lead me to speculate the defense team may be stalling on purpose.

No matter the reason for this delay, this trial is a disgrace and I feel badly for the family. The ridiculous burden placed upon them and the jurors, the jurors’ families and employers - all because of the antics of this judge (IMO) is unforgivable.

I don't recall whether Chase said he was paid for the Provecho job or not in his Feb 17/10 interview, maybe you can recall where in the interview it is?

*snipped*

He tells the Investigators when he brings out the balance sheet of who owes what.
He also "reminds" Cathy in the jail house recording.

The rest is from another source and I imagine that the prosecutors do have it.

The post you replied to has been removed, so I'm unsure what can be referenced lol But from what I read, the job wasn't completed because the final payment had yet to be received. Was Chase supposed to go finish the job regardless of whether the company paid the final balance? Joey made it pretty clear that the job would be completed when final payment was received... but instead the company did a chargeback on her credit card through PayPal.

I am really unsure what the business relationship actually was now... were they 'partners' or was Chase or Idesign a subcontractor, contracted to do waterfalls at that time? If it was any other company, let's say Metro Sheet Metal... would Joey have made them pay the money back as well if someone or a company didn't make the Final payment or did a chargeback?
I think Joey & Chases business relationship could be best described as "Informal partners". I think Chase probably asked Dan to send him that thread because he was trying to follow it up. Does anyone know why my post was removed? I have forgotten what I said & I thought they advised you the reason if you got modsnipped.

Welll....someone forwarded that Provecho email string from JM's email account to CM's on Feb, 24, 2010 - it certainly wasn't Joey, nor DK. If anyone else had broken into JM's email account, why on earth would they forward the whole string to one of the people involved in the conversation? I hope Part II will shed some light on (or at least good speculation in lieu of) on the reasoning for that.

How do we know it wasn't DK? DK was concerned because emails were piling up and Joey wasn't answering them... how did DK know that on Feb 9th or 10th if he didn't have access to his emails?

Yep, surprised there are NO other suspects presented by the DT yet? Their witnesses have been AMAZING so far, right?

They can't just put whoever they want on the stand and say whatever they want or accuse whoever they want LOL There were hearings held back in December addressing this, a 3rd party culpability hearing. This is where it was decided that a certain amount about Dan could be brought up, but not all. I wish we had that order so we had a complete understanding of what it was. JMO

ETA: It seems everyone has forgotten how well the some prosecution witnesses did on cross examination JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030