IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
“IMPD says they investigated the places Lyons told them baby Amiah should be. Amiah was not found at any of the described locations, and several of the locations Lyons detailed did not exist, according to police.

Officials also confirmed that items found along the bank of the White River belonged to Amiah.

Police urge anyone who saw Lyons with Amiah after March 9 to come forward.”

WATCH: IMPD announces missing 8-month-old baby now investigated as homicide

Ha! Even this reporter is confused by what the hell is going on here.

Jesse Wells on Twitter

1.Robert Lyons is officially a suspect in the disappearance of 8mo Amiah Robertson.

2.Police are treating the case as a homicide.

3.Lyons was arrested on a domestic incident but released 3 days ago.

4.Police have no idea where Lyons is right now.

Those 4 facts don’t make sense.

Thank you and ITA

Now I have my doubts about IMPD. Sounds like they fell down a rabbit hole and I pray FBI or someone can pull them back out.

Mom cooperating but lawyered up.
I can full BS on that

MOO

Thank you and ITA

Now I have my doubts about IMPD. Sounds like they fell down a rabbit hole and I pray FBI or someone can pull them back out.

Mom cooperating but lawyered up.
I can full BS on that

MOO
I’m not sure it’s them, as much as it is all the players involved in this.

If everyone is lying, or at the very least, giving conflicting accounts, that’s a massive challenge to overcome.

An investigation that relies on witness statements, is hindered greatly if you aren’t being told the truth.

This is one murky mess.

Timeline / Rough draft /Updating in progress to reflect new information learned in today’s Press Conference (Saturday, March 23)

March 9: Amiah known to be Last Seen according to PC on Saturday, March 23rd.

Details:

March 10:

Thursday March 14:

A) Last seen number 1:

“But police said she first told them the baby had been missing since the Thursday before.“
Amiah Robertson Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“Robertson said she doesn't know where her baby could be. She says the last time she saw Amiah was Thursday, before her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, was supposed to take the baby to a west side home.

"She was supposed to go to the babysitter's house on 229 South Holmes. She never arrived there," said Robertson.“
Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

“Amiah's mother initially reported the girl missing on Saturday, March 16. At the time, she told police she had not seen Amiah since Thursday and family members did not believe Amiah was in danger.“
Missing 8-month-old Indiana girl believed to be in extreme danger
—————

Friday, March 15:

A) Last seen number 2:

“Amber claims she hasn't seen her daughter Amiah since Friday and is concerned about her daughter's safety.

"I’m just hoping she isn’t with someone that could do any harm to her," said Robertson.

For their part, police say the family's story has been inconsistent. The family initially told investigators Amiah was last seen on Thursday, March 14 and they did not think the girl was at risk.”
UPDATE: FBI now assisting IMPD with search for missing 8-month-old girl

B) “A Neighbor Saw Her With the Baby Friday Night ‘Speed-Walking’ Toward an Alley”.

“"I definitely saw her Friday night around 9 p.m.," B said. "[Amiah] had a short T-shirt on, probably some thin pajama pants, no jacket and it was cold. The mom was just holding her up [away from her body, instead of cradling her] and was speed walking with her."“
Conflicting Stories In the Disappearance of Amiah Robertson

C) Motel 6:

Time?

“...the mother of the child said she was on a date with her ex-boyfriend at a Motel 6 on Friday for a date when Amiah went missing.”
Amiah Robertson Missing: 8-Month-Old Disappeared While Mother Was On Date

“She says she was with her ex-boyfriend, who is not Amiah’s father, at a Motel 6 on Friday, March 15 for a date. That was the last time Amber saw her daughter. She reported Amiah missing to police on Saturday.”
Silver Alert issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

—————

Saturday, March 16:

A) Reported Missing:

“According to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Amiah's family reported her missing Saturday, two days after the last time she was seen.”
What we know about the disappearance of Amiah Robertson

“Amiah Robertson was reported missing on Saturday, two days after her mother told authorities she was last seen, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department announced on social media.”
Indianapolis Police Search for Missing 8-Month-Old Baby Amid Conflicting Stories From Family

B) Last seen 3:
“According to the infant's mother, she was last seen on the city's west side in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on Thursday, March 14. State police says Amiah was last seen Saturday, March 16.“
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

“Chris Bavender, spokeswoman for the FBI’s Indianapolis division, said Wednesday that the federal agency is assisting in the search for 8-month-old Amiah Robertson, who officials said was last seen on Saturday. She said that Indianapolis police is the lead agency.”
Baby missing since Saturday is subject of search in Indianapolis, with FBI assisting

“A "silver alert" was issued for Amiah by Indiana State Police on Tuesday that said the child is missing from Indianapolis and was last seen on Saturday at 4:35 p.m. "She is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance," the alert said.“
Baby missing since Saturday is subject of search in Indianapolis, with FBI assisting

“Authorities eventually discovered discrepancies in the timeline of her disappearance and updated her last reported sighting to Saturday.”
Detectives collect 'items' near creek possibly linked to missing 8-month-old

C) Domestic Disturbance:

“Police say Lyons and Robertson got into an argument Saturday, likely over whether or not Lyons was the father for Amiah. Lyons was arrested over that "domestic dispute", according to Amiah's grandfather Chuck Robertson.

"He physically abused my daughter and it escalated into where he actually ran a car into her," Robertson said. "All I can do it hope. I don't know."”

Add snippet here

—————

Sunday, March 17:

A) “Amber Robertson posted to one of her at least five Facebook pages, this one that uses the url logan.robertson, first on Sunday March 17 at 3:40 p.m. that her baby was missing. This coincides with the time Lyons was arrested. But police said she first told them the baby had been missing since the Thursday before.“

B) Surveillance video taken on Sunday /
Detailed description of video at link:
Video surfaces from day after 8-month-old girl was reported missing - WISH
(Article Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019)

“...it shows Robert Lyons, Amber Robertson's boyfriend, coming out of the house of Amiah Robertson's babysitters on South Holmes Avenue.”

Snip

“The neighbor who provided the video told News 8 that Lyons, mom Amber and daughter Amiah had been living in a car behind the house. Amiah had just been reported missing the day before this video was taken. Her family said that house is where she was last seen.”

C) “A short time later, two IMPD officers show up at the house. The police are not shown going into the house.”

D) “Police arrested Lyons later on Sunday on charges unrelated to Amiah's disappearance.”
Video surfaces from day after 8-month-old girl was reported missing - WISH

—————

Monday March 18:

A) “Just after midnight, so on March 18, a second post.

“Amiah mommy loves you so much baby girl your out there some where and I’m not stopping till I find you your all mommy and bubby has we miss u so much I just wanna hold you and let everything be ok I love u more than life babygirl”“
Amber Roberston: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

B) Robertson’s father told local media that his daughter and Lyons, who the grandfather said was not the child’s biological father, had been involved in a domestic dispute tied to the child’s paternity. Charles ‘Chuck’ Robertson told a reporter he believed Lyon was involved in the baby’s disappearance calling it a “gut feeling.”

Chuck Robertson posted the above on March 18, where he alleged that Lyons kidnapped the baby.“
—————

Tuesday March 19:
A) Silver Alert Issued

“ISP issued a Silver Alert for Amiah around 11 a.m. on Tuesday—about nine hours after IMPD initially asked the public for help with finding her.”

“On Tuesday, police determined the child to be in possible danger and a Silver Alert was issued asking for the public's help.

Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories throughout the investigation.”
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

“On Tuesday, a statewide Silver Alert was issued by the Indiana State Police stating that Amiah was now believed to be in "extreme danger" and may require medical attention.“

“The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is asking the public to help find the baby, Amiah Robertson. IMPD sent out her photo with a vague description of what happened early Tuesday morning.”
UPDATE: IMPD now working with FBI in search for missing 8-month-old girl

B) “Police on Tuesday took to Twitter to directly address the social media talk and urge people to stop spreading "inaccurate reports."”

C) “On Tuesday, detectives obtained a search warrant for the home on South Holmes Street where Amiah was reportedly last seen. Police spent time in the neighborhood talking to potential witnesses, and the Indianapolis-Marion County Forensic Services Agency responded as a precautionary measure to collect potential evidence that might assist in locating the baby, police said.”

“Detectives searched the home for hours on Tuesday, focusing on a detached garage, but it’s unclear if they found anything.”
Why a Silver Alert, not an Amber Alert, was issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indy

D Police: Missing baby's mom 'lawyered up'
PUBLISHED: MAR 19TH, 2019 - 10:23PM
——

Wed March 20:

A) Silver Alert Cancelled

“However, police say the Silver Alert was canceled at 10 p.m. Wednesday "due to very few tips coming in on that specific hotline."”

“On Wednesday, the Silver Alert was canceled. IMPD officials said the alert was being pulled because "very few tips" were generated on that specific hotline, and detectives have been receiving numerous tips through social media and department lines.”

B) “FBI joins the investigation
The FBI confirmed Wednesday that it is assisting Indianapolis police in the investigation.

An FBI spokesperson told IndyStar that IMPD is leading the investigation and declined to comment further.“

C) “On Wednesday, the search extended to the White River. Officers responded to the area of West McCarty Street near the river just after 4:40 p.m. after getting a tip about potential evidence related to the case.

Items were found along the shoreline that could be related to Amiah's disappearance, but police said the items need to be analyzed further.

Divers also searched the water but nothing was recovered.“

“On Wednesday afternoon, police were investigating an area about a half-mile from the babysitter’s address...”
FBI involved in search for missing Indiana baby, Silver Alert canceled

Investigators spent hours Wednesday collecting items possibly linked to missing Indianapolis 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

“Police began searching Eagle Creek near Sadie and West McCarty streets around 4:40 p.m. following a tip from an undisclosed source.”

“Rescue crews and dive teams were dispatched to assist in the investigation but were only able to recover debris from the water, officials said.

Authorities declined to provide descriptions of items recovered from the shoreline but did not rule out toys, shoes or articles of clothing.”

“On Wednesday, investigators conducted a large search on the banks of Eagle Creek less than a mile from where Amiah was last seen. An IMPD spokesperson said they conducted the search after being tipped off that some “items related to the case” were there.

“We have to remain hopeful that we will see her again and see her alive again and that’s what we all want to see,” IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie said Wednesday.”
Community members hold vigil for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson

Police have concentrated their efforts at Little Eagle Creek since Wednesday afternoon.”
Drones Used in Search for Amiah Robertson

“On March 20, Indianapolis police say they received a tip regarding items that may be connected to Amiah along a bank of the White River, less than a mile from where the baby was reportedly last seen. Detectives searched the area with help from an Indianapolis Fire Department dive team, but police say their findings were inconclusive.”

D) “Emergency medical workers arrived at the scene around 5:40 p.m. in an ambulance with flashing lights and left by 7 p.m.”

E) “Online court records show Robert Lyons, the boyfriend of Amiah’s mother, Amber Robertson, is due in criminal court this morning.”

Lyons is in custody on preliminary charges unrelated to Amiah's disappearance.”
FBI now assisting in search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old

“He (Lyons) was released Wednesday.”
Why a Silver Alert, not an Amber Alert, was issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indy

“According to online jail and court records, Lyons was arrested and charged with criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident on St Patrick’s Day. He was released from jail Wednesday March 20 sans online explanation, meaning no court hearings are listed.“

G) Amber says she went to this location on Wednesday, found items, and called the tip in herself to police:

“Wednesday, police searched an area on the west side after getting a tip close to the investigation. That tip brought them to the banks of the White River near McCarty and Sadie Streets.

Baby Amiah's mom, Amber Robertson, told Eyewitness News she's the one who called it in to police.

"All I can do is sit and think of things that my daughter loves," said Robertson, who said she's had more on her mind, like trying to remember past conversations with her boyfriend, who she said was supposed to take 8-month-old Amiah to the babysitter's last Thursday, but never got there.

"Robert, a long time ago, told me about 1907. That it was somewhere where he and his friends used to hang around and he drove me by here one time," said Robertson.

So she went back there Wednesday afternoon.

That's where she says she found items that belonged to her daughter and boyfriend, so she called 911. The call brought out IMPD and IFD's dive team to collect possible evidence.

"They discovered some items that could be related to the case, however that is not conclusive at this time," said IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie.“
Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

————-

Thurs March 21:

A) “Amiah's grandfather told the TV station that Amber Robertson, Amiah's mother, was talking to detectives again Thursday. She and boyfriend Robert Lyons may have had a fight before the baby disappeared last Thursday.”

“Amiah's grandfather Charles "Chuck" Robertson told News 8 on Thursday that Amiah's mother was meeting with a detective.”
Search continues for missing 8-month-old girl

B) “Indianapolis metro police Thursday used a drone to search Eagle Creek.”
Search continues for missing 8-month-old girl
————

Friday, March 22:

A) “Community members on the near west side of Indianapolis gathered Friday for a candle light vigil for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.“
Community members hold vigil for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson

———

10. Saturday, March 23:

“INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department has announced they are investigating the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson as a homicide.

During a press conference Saturday, police say Amiah was last seen with the boyfriend of the baby’s mother, Robert Lyons, around 1:15 p.m. March 9. Lyons is said to have spent the day in the area of Rockville and Mickley. Lyons then returned to the mother’s home at roughly 10 p.m. that night without Amiah.

Police say Lyons was last seen driving a maroon 1996 Isuzu Rodeo.

IMPD says they investigated the places Lyons told them baby Amiah should be. Amiah was not found at any of the described locations, and several of the locations Lyons detailed did not exist, according to police.

Officials also confirmed that items found along the bank of the White River belonged to Amiah.

Police urge anyone who saw Lyons with Amiah after March 9 to come forward.”

I have no doubt that mom is not a suspect at this time because she lawyered up. She must have hired a good one to run inteference for her. She is involved. The police would have a clearer timeline if she had been brutally honest with them from the get go.

But WHY did RL have her that day? Per dad AR doesn't have job, so that wasn't the reason.

The policewoman on video wouldn't state how they knew where RL was that day.

So sometime between 3/20 release and today they've discovered from evidence he was in that particular area most of the day - the day he didn't bring that poor baby home.

I didn't hear mention of APB on him just asking for sightings from the 9th.

What did he threaten AR with that frightened her into not reporting her missing. Guess neighbors sighting didn't happen, ahem.

I hate to say this but I thought I detected a smidgen of a pause before the police said she wasn't a suspect at this time.

Either the whole family are seriously good at keeping secrets or they bought the story she told them hook, line and sinker. Guess dad was right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆