IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there was any “taunting” going on here, atleast as far as the items on the shoreline are concerned.

I think there was a great deal of panic among the person or persons responsible, and those items were dumped in haste.

Logically, it makes no sense to not throw them in the water, but it makes less sense (to me) to leave those items in order to cause distress.

Getting away with this, would have been priority number 1.

Successful thus far, but doomed to failure.

“The time between when Amiah went missing and when she was reported missing was concerning to officers, Smith said Saturday.

“That has led to some of the difficulties that we have had in tracking down exactly what happened,” Smith said.

He said some of the information people close to the situation gave police early on was misleading, though ultimately, they were able to verify some of the reports.“

Snip

“"I think that we all hope for the best always, but I think that we can't ignore the reality of the situation," Lt. Bruce Smith said. "Amiah cannot take care of herself. And absent somebody else who is currently taking care of her that hasn't come forward, we are very concerned about what happened to her."“

Police: Search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old now classified as homicide investigation

Didn't they say they don't know where RL is? Wouldn't they have a warrant out for his arrest?
I hope they find him soon.
JMO and this may have been addressed but I think it's strategic to say they don't know where he is. Of course they don't want him to know they are watching his every move (at least I hope)

I don’t think there was any “taunting” going on here, atleast as far as the items on the shoreline are concerned.

I think there was a great deal of panic among the person or persons responsible, and those items were dumped in haste.

Logically, it makes no sense to not throw them in the water, but it makes less sense (to me) to leave those items in order to cause distress.

Getting away with this, would have been priority number 1.

Successful thus far, but doomed to failure.
Totally agree about the illogical behavior. But here locally, the police in the press conference they did say he was taunting her.

Just insane. The whole case

There's a big difference between White River and Eagle Creek. White River is in the area of Holmes, not Eagle Creek
Here's the map:
Google Maps
It looks like Eagle Creek is closer. LE had been searching near W McCarty St. and Sadie St. which is right next to it. And this article says LE's searching in a field near W McCarty and S Belmont Ave which is about midway between both. So either msm got it wrong or LE has searched both. I'm surprised local msm keeps interchanging the names, they're clearly different bodies of water.
The search continues for Indianapolis baby, Amiah Robertson

To come to a website and see so many people trying to find this baby is heartening. But on local news coverage, and by that I mean television which is where a lot of people get their info, this story is getting less than a minute of coverage. Not internet coverage, television coverage

There's a big difference between White River and Eagle Creek. White River is in the area of Holmes, not Eagle Creek
From a local here,

You must be thinking of Eagle Creek Recreation Area on the northwest side of town. The Creek does spill out into White River near the Haughvile area/ south west side.

Best

Here's the map:
Google Maps
It looks like Eagle Creek is closer. LE had been searching near W McCarty St. and Sadie St. which is right next to it. And this article says LE's searching in a field near W McCarty and S Belmont Ave which is about midway between both. So either msm got it wrong or LE has searched both. I'm surprised local msm keeps interchanging the names, they're clearly different bodies of water.
The search continues for Indianapolis baby, Amiah Robertson
Yes. White River is the closest body of water to the babysitter Holmes address.

From a local here,

You must be thinking of Eagle Creek Recreation Area on the northwest side of town. The Creek does spill out into White River near the Haughvile area/ south west side.

Best
Yes, local too. They're interchanging the bodies of water. The closest to the Holmes address is the WR. It's just several blocks

He is taunting her. The presser confirmed what a neighbor told me about Amber's texts from RL In terms of the items, we had a great deal of flooding about two weeks ago. The waterline has dropped significantly and the tides do affect all bodies of water, wind, rain, etc.

Still, I thought Amber placed those items there when she claimed and police confirmed she called in that tip, but she had to have been under strict secret surveillance by then... and a carseat is too big to simply conceal. Yes just my opinion as the police wouldn't answer that very specifically structured question in the presser. That truly made me change my mind about Amber to where I now view her as a victim in this case.
Yes... I do as well.

I'm listening to an Indianapolis police scanner with my sister. This is insane. We are nearby, but anyone can download the app and listen to Marion County and what is currently happening on our police radios.

Sadly, we are #2 of 50 in popularity right now. Chicago is #1.

This sounds ominous.

Yes, local too. They're interchanging the bodies of water. The closest to the Holmes address is the WR. It's just several blocks

Okay, now I see! I didn't catch that! MSM needs to get on top of this case! They are being given very little info. They could at least get the names of the River and Creek reported correctly. Most cases like this garner a lot more coverage. IMO, she would receive a lot more coverage if she were from a higher SES. Super sad.

This baby is lost to us I'm certain. Just want to say.... there is only less than a minute of local news coverage here.

If there was a vigil I only learned about it here.

The conflicting areas of discovery of items does not help in the search. Pretty simple, the White River is the White River and Eagle Creek is Eagle Creek.

Amiah is the victim and has been given a disservice. By local media, the Indianapolis police, and those her little self just trusted to love and nurture her.

This is all horrific. I hope we can bring her home.

ETA jmo and this is not the best city imo to transplant to.

Last edited:
We switched over to Chicago... lots of stabbings in the past few minutes. We clicked back to Indy to listen for mentions of the areas where sweet baby Amiah may be.
You’re unlikely to hear anything relevant (to this case) on the scanner traffic tonight.

There’s no active searches going on at this hour, and a break is probably going to come in one of two ways:

Someone stumbles upon her body in the daytime.

Someone finally tells law enforcement where her body is.

Hopefully she’s found soon, and her killer arrested.

“Anyone with information about Amiah’s disappearance is urged to contact the IMPD Homicide Office at 317.327.3475 or call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317.262.8477 or (TIPS).

Citizens can also download the mobile P3tips app for Apple or Android phones to submit a mobile tip, or go to Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana to submit a web tip.

You will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000 if the information leads to a felony arrest. Only tips submitted directly and anonymously to Crime Stoppers are eligible for these cash rewards.”

IMPD announces missing 8-month-old baby now investigated as homicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member