UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok , after a long read through both threads my conclusion is :

The new boyfriend that she saw a few days ? or week before she vanished was a catalyst to whoever she saw beforehand. A lot is mentioned that maybe she wanted more from a partner , but they did not and possibly to avoid exposure she was killed. But what if it was the other way around ? Claudia gets a new guy and the old (presumably dumped) one thought they had more than “fling status” and killed her ? Maybe he was willing to leave his wife/partner for her , but she wasn’t wanting that at all , maybe laughed him away ?

Just a different scenario.

Ok , after a long read through both threads my conclusion is :

The new boyfriend that she saw a few days ? or week before she vanished was a catalyst to whoever she saw beforehand. A lot is mentioned that maybe she wanted more from a partner , but they did not and possibly to avoid exposure she was killed. But what if it was the other way around ? Claudia gets a new guy and the old (presumably dumped) one thought they had more than “fling status” and killed her ? Maybe he was willing to leave his wife/partner for her , but she wasn’t wanting that at all , maybe laughed him away ?

Just a different scenario.
Given her life style it is going to be difficult to determine who Claudia was intimate with - a married man is going to be reluctant to come forward. And then there are those who approached Claudia and she turned them down. And IF this is a stranger who has no relationship to Claudia's social life, then all of Claudia's social contacts are just dead end rabbit holes that LE is going into. LE has their hands full with this case.

How do we actually know all this stuff about Claudia? Is it actually confirmed / known that she had various partners and affairs, or is this simply a rumour/assumption that got out of hand?

March 25 2019
Claudia Lawrence remembered by Archbishop of York in special service
"The Archbishop of York has joined the mother of missing chef Claudia Lawrence to light a candle at the end of a special service to mark the 10 year anniversary of her disappearance.

The service was held at St Mary's Priory Church, in Old Malton, where Claudia grew up."
"The service was also attended by domestic abuse campaigner Claire Throssell, from South Yorkshire, who has become friends with Mrs Lawrence after her two young sons Jack and Paul were killed by their father in a fire in 2014.

The congregation was told how both women had bonded over their tragic circumstances and how their local communities of Malton and Ms Throssell's home of Penistone had helped them through difficult times.

stream_img.jpg

Joan Lawrence and Claire Throssell Credit: Lawrence family
There was also a solo performance of Amazing Grace by a student from the Kirkham Henry Performing Arts Centre, a reading by BBC Radio York presenter Elly Fiorentini and a hearing of Claudia's favourite track by the artist James Galway."

How do we actually know all this stuff about Claudia? Is it actually confirmed / known that she had various partners and affairs, or is this simply a rumour/assumption that got out of hand?

Hi, if you look back over the threads you will see various links. It was discovered in the course of the investigation and picked up by the media of course.

On the face of it the DVD comments seem credible.

It's also plausible that the man in the CCTV footage is known locally and to the police, but nothing can be proven. I suspect he was checking for a light to see if she was at home. Her naivety has been mentioned by her sister and her only long term relationship ex. She thought she could stay in good terms with the men she had affairs with; she still spoke to the man who lost his marriage just January that year as a result of their affair. This certainly does seem naive imo and quite clearly, she was wrong to make that assumption.

As Claudias moral character has been portrayed in a somewhat less than flattering light, this has contributed to people not wanting to help by providing information that they may have done in other circumstances. If it happened now, people might think differently, as attitudes towards women have certainly changed in the last few years.

Has there been any other evidence apart from one story on reddit?

Seems unlikely on its face ...

"The family of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence have welcomed an announcement by the Government that a new law to help families of missing people could finally be enacted this summer.

With support from MPs, Claudia’s father Peter Lawrence, helped introduce the Guardianship (Missing Persons) Bill, known as Claudia’s Law in a bid to help families look after the affairs of missing loved ones.

The results of consultation by the Ministry of Justice into changes to the Guardianship (Missing Persons) Act were published today, showing cross-party support for the legislation - which will help families deal with the financial and property affairs of missing loved ones."

Claudia's Law could be in place by July

Revealed: Claudia Lawrence's mobile phone was still active near the chef's home four hours after she failed to turn up for work on the day she vanished 10 years ago.

Claudia Lawrence's phone was still active near home four hours after she failed to turn up for work | Daily Mail Online

Thanks for this brand new article with interesting tidbit!

"At 10am when she had not arrived her manager placed a call to her mobile phone - a basic Samsund D900 model, not a smartphone - which connected to a mast at nearby York University, a North Yorkshire Police source told the Sunday Times.

The source said: 'Her mobile phone never left the area of York. This is part of the reason why the police believe she fell victim to an attack by somebody that she knew who was familiar with the area.'

14271902-7096209-image-a-9_1559501128818.jpg

Do you read anything into them ? Some comments mention the police knowing who the suspect is and where she is ? And also she was involved with a police officer/s?
My own belief is that the police suspect one of the 4 men arrested in 2015 who subsequently weren't charged because the CPS didn't the think the case would stick. I think they believe the killer was assisted by others (possibly work associates) and that it happened in the vicinity of Heworth Road. I have my own theories on who did it, having followed this case closely for 10 years with its twists and turns, but it is obviously difficult to discuss specifics on this forum.

Here's a follow up article giving her mother's reaction to the latest article.

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence mother Joan shocked mobile phone worked hours after she disappeared | Daily Mail Online

My own belief is that the police suspect one of the 4 men arrested in 2015 who subsequently weren't charged because the CPS didn't the think the case would stick. I think they believe the killer was assisted by others (possibly work associates) and that it happened in the vicinity of Heworth Road. I have my own theories on who did it, having followed this case closely for 10 years with its twists and turns, but it is obviously difficult to discuss specifics on this forum.

Here's a follow up article giving her mother's reaction to the latest article.

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence mother Joan shocked mobile phone worked hours after she disappeared | Daily Mail Online

I completely agree with this, I think the police have long had at least one person they know is responsible but unfortunately they don’t have enough evidence to guarantee a conviction. The Rhys Jones case was very similar where the police were met with a wall of silence by the community.

Was I the only one not surprised by the announcement that Claudia’s phone was still active. Admittedly I hadn’t seen anything about her Manager calling but it had been announced about the phone being turned off at 12:10pm and I guess as she has been described as a prolific texter I just assumed messages/missed calls etc during that time was expected?

Was I the only one not surprised by the announcement that Claudia’s phone was still active. Admittedly I hadn’t seen anything about her Manager calling but it had been announced about the phone being turned off at 12:10pm and I guess as she has been described as a prolific texter I just assumed messages/missed calls etc during that time was expected?

When the phone was turned off at 12 it will have signed off the network at the mast it was connected to.

So we have always really known that this would have happened - they have now spelt it out however.

Experts say the records show her phone sent the network a record - known as an 'explicit detachment' - that it was being powered down before being switched off.

When the phone is turned off - it sends a goodbye handshake to the tower to let the network know that phone is off and the tower no longer needs to allocate resource to that phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy