UT - Couple shot, Maureen Fiore-Webster, 36, dies, Sandy, 3 Mar 2019

Neighbor's camera catches site of the two vehicles (his truck and her car) approaching the house and pulling in. I wonder if they can tell if there is more than one person in each vehicle? Perhaps someone was in the car with one of them?

This is so tragic. This is a very close family friend. Maureen was a beautiful person, and Jeff is lost without her.
I hope and pray Jeff will recover with his family's and friends love and support. I'm sorry for this tragic loss of life. I'll be following for updates and hope the police now have enough info to locate and arrest this killer.

I’ve been searching the local Utah news and could find nothing since a week ago. No updates on Jeffrey’s condition. NOTHING! Not even a statement from the police saying the investigation is ongoing.

This so so strange. Especially for a town the size of Sandy. I doubt people get shot there so often it’s not news. Surprised there’s not even a reporter sniffing around trying to piece together crumbs of a story.

I’ve been searching the local Utah news and could find nothing since a week ago. No updates on Jeffrey’s condition. NOTHING! Not even a statement from the police saying the investigation is ongoing.

This so so strange. Especially for a town the size of Sandy. I doubt people get shot there so often it’s not news. Surprised there’s not even a reporter sniffing around trying to piece together crumbs of a story.
I came here to see if there were any updates, and it does seem rather strange. Hopefully there will be an arrest soon and things will become more clear.

MAR 20, 2019
Neighbors and friends of Sandy murder victim uneasy killer not found one week later
Friends and neighbors of 36-year-old Maureen Fiore Webster, who was shot and killed March 13 in her Sandy home, are feeling nervous and uneasy knowing her killer hasn't been found and police have announced no suspects.

[...]

Sgt. Jason Nielsen with the Sandy City Police Department said Webster has spoken to investigators and is the only witness to the murder.

He said he understands anxiety in the neighborhood, but says as this was not a random attack, the victims' neighbors are not in danger. He said sifting through evidence is time consuming and involves the execution and approval of search warrants.

[...]

RR said she is devastated, as Maureen had become a very close friend in recent years. She went hiking with Maureen hours before she was killed and said she was optimistic about her life, career and starting a business.

"It's so tragic she'd have to leave the earth this way because she was a gift to everyone and has friends around the world," said RR.

She described her friend as a person who embraced everyone and loved to laugh and dance.

[...]

(Names changed to intials by me)

Good questions, and I wish we knew the answers. The timing leads me to believe that someone was waiting somewhere nearby until they were home. If I'm reading this right, the assessor site indicates there is a 10x12 shed on the property. That could be one possibility. Assessor | Salt Lake County It's also possible that they were followed.

One thing that is confusing to me is that LE doesn't believe the perp broke into the home, yet the alarm was activated. ?

Hopefully, Mr. Webster will soon recover enough that he can shed some light here, if he hasn't already. This is very, very tragic. :(

ETA: Ah yes, a panic button makes sense, @kirkassoc.

MOO
I am also sort of thinking that someone was waiting for them. The police are being pretty tight lipped. So it could be that the husband has been able to talk to them, give them some information and now LE is just gathering evidence.

I am also sort of thinking that someone was waiting for them. The police are being pretty tight lipped. So it could be that the husband has been able to talk to them, give them some information and now LE is just gathering evidence.
That's where I'm leaning, as well. LE also saying they believe the neighborhood and no one else are in danger, says an awful lot. Let's hope they are correct.

That's where I'm leaning, as well. LE also saying they believe the neighborhood and no one else are in danger, says an awful lot. Let's hope they are correct.

LE is saying they believe no one else is in danger, but I wonder if they have 24 hour protection on the husband as he recovers in the hospital? I would think, under the circumstances, his life might be in danger?

MAR 20, 2019
Neighbors and friends of Sandy murder victim uneasy killer not found one week later
Friends and neighbors of 36-year-old Maureen Fiore Webster, who was shot and killed March 13 in her Sandy home, are feeling nervous and uneasy knowing her killer hasn't been found and police have announced no suspects.

[...]

Sgt. Jason Nielsen with the Sandy City Police Department said Webster has spoken to investigators and is the only witness to the murder.

He said he understands anxiety in the neighborhood, but says as this was not a random attack, the victims' neighbors are not in danger. He said sifting through evidence is time consuming and involves the execution and approval of search warrants.

[...]

RR said she is devastated, as Maureen had become a very close friend in recent years. She went hiking with Maureen hours before she was killed and said she was optimistic about her life, career and starting a business.

"It's so tragic she'd have to leave the earth this way because she was a gift to everyone and has friends around the world," said RR.

She described her friend as a person who embraced everyone and loved to laugh and dance.

[...]

(Names changed to intials by me)

BBM and underscored. Apparently, the husband HAS ALREADY spoken to LE. So, it seems there is more to the story. Botched murder/suicide or does LE have a name and is searching for a murderer?

BBM and underscored. Apparently, the husband HAS ALREADY spoken to LE. So, it seems there is more to the story. Botched murder/suicide or does LE have a name and is searching for a murderer?
LE is calling Mr. Webster a witness to the shooting and said the couple was shot more than once by a person who’s still on the run. If it was an attempted murder/suicide, they would have found the gun in close proximity to the victims, so I don't think that's what happened here. They're looking for a perp who is on the run and LE may or may not know his/her name. I sure hope so. And, may he or she be arrested soon!
MOO

LE is calling Mr. Webster a witness to the shooting and said the couple was shot more than once by a person who’s still on the run. If it was an attempted murder/suicide, they would have found the gun in close proximity to the victims, so I don't think that's what happened here. They're looking for a perp who is on the run and LE may or may not know his/her name. I sure hope so. And, may he or she be arrested soon!
MOO
I personally think they know who they are looking for, and yet, if they do, why haven't they put out a bulletin for the public? I'm a little puzzled. I doubt it was a random shooting. I've been surprised before, though!

I personally think they know who they are looking for, and yet, if they do, why haven't they put out a bulletin for the public? I'm a little puzzled. I doubt it was a random shooting. I've been surprised before, though!
I agree w/you , I think they have a very good idea who was responsible. They may know who did it and where that person is, and are getting their ducks in a row with search warrants, etc. so they can arrest them and make it stick. Or, they suspect it was a hired job and have an idea who set it up but are still trying to ID the trigger person.

Has there ever been a case where a stranger breaks into a house and randomly shoots someone? And it coincides with the child/ren not being home.

Typically one person is shot fatally, the other person survives, and then at some point the survivor is arrested.

Has there ever been a case where a stranger breaks into a house and randomly shoots someone? And it coincides with the child/ren not being home.

Typically one person is shot fatally, the other person survives, and then at some point the survivor is arrested.
RBBM
This was, of course, my initial thought, but since Mr. Webster was shot in the buttocks (per article previously posted), I get the idea he was running away from someone. It would be very difficult to shoot yourself in the butt without it being an obviously self-inflicted wound, no? But maybe it was obvious and they are just getting their ducks in a row.

I am also curious to know whether Mr. Webster was being guarded (is that protective custody??) while recovering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back