Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What seems so strange is that she seems to have vanished within such a defined area. You could understand if they had tracked her on CCTV for a while and then lost her somewhere remote. But she went missing at a busy time, in an area said to be busy. There is CCTV which captures her in previous days on her normal route(s), suggesting that LE even know the specific points (with certain variables) between which she may have disappeared on the Friday.

Without evidence that she has left that area, I would just be searching that area and houses in that area. I'd probably be watching that area covertly to see if anyone is acting strangely, in case she is being held. This could be partly what the reward hopes to achieve, perhaps a neighbour will sit up and take notice, phone in some odd behaviour that otherwise they might think nothing of.

I would also be running plates of vehicles caught on CCTV going in and out of the area between the relevant times, and run those plates against databases of known offenders, and people known to Leah. I hope this would include any vehicles that anyone known to Leah would have had access to during that time, not just vehicles they own but also vehicles in their temporary possession for work or other purposes.

What else? Feels like there must be so much they are doing that they aren't sharing.

With such narrow search parameters, it's hard to believe we haven't had ANY kind of update, clue, or subsequent information.

These are my thoughts entirely. The window of opportunity to take Leah must have been tiny. Had someone been watching her over time to get a picture of her routine and planned it? This would suggest to me anyway, someone local, or who took a similar route each day. Or, like the previous abduction, a chanced opportunity. Who didn’t turn up for work that morning, seemed flustered or acting out of character?

This case reminded me of Alice Gross Murder of Alice Gross - Wikipedia
For some time they were unable to find her because he had hidden her so well. In fact I think it was the fire service that eventually discovered her as the police had missed her in their search so hope they have truly searched the area well that Leah seems to have disappeared from. I hope there is news very soon and my heart goes out to the family. IMO

I agree with both Cardgame and mumkinton.

This happened within a small area and tight time-frame. So, where is Leah?

One thing the abductions of Milly Dowler and Alice Gross have in common is their attackers were opportunistic and much stronger than their victims. We know Leah was highly trained in Taekwondo, but she doesn't seem to have been able to use those skills successfully, or she would have arrived at work that day.

The instructor at self-defence classes I attended years ago gave us a talk at our first meeting. One of the things he said was that no matter how well we learned the moves, they wouldn't be any match for a cosh over the head. The object should always be to buy enough time to get away.

There are no clues along Leah's usual route and no-one has reported anything unusual on that Friday, so I think the police are going to have to change tactics. I'm all for honesty, but admitting they have never had a case like it, whilst not showing any signs of progress, is not helpful.

As others have said, I doubt a family row over an unsuitable boyfriend is the cause of Leah going missing. Since her parents were already at work before she left, she could have packed an entire suitcase and called a taxi if she was walking out. I really hope she has just taken some time out, but I fear she has come to harm.

I think her rucksack might have sealed her fate, wearing a rucksack might well have severely restricted her movements. With her skills she would have the training to elbow someone in the face/solar plexus or throw them over her shoulder, but with a rucksack on it is a lot harder to do those kind of things as her shoulders would be much more limited in their movements

I think her rucksack might have sealed her fate, wearing a rucksack might well have severely restricted her movements. With her skills she would have the training to elbow someone in the face/solar plexus or throw them over her shoulder, but with a rucksack on it is a lot harder to do those kind of things as her shoulders would be much more limited in their movements

Good shout.

It saddens me to say that i dont believe Leah has run away. From my interpretation of what the parents say in the interviews, I don't believe they do too. Her poor mother said she was hoping for that outcome but as time moves on its less likely. Her father also said she wasn't a fighter more patterns ( or something along the line of that) suggesting she may not have the ability to defend her self against an attacker.

Im on the fence as to if this was a random attack or someone known to Leah. I just hope some information comes forward soon as it was heart breaking to watch her parents in the latest interviews.

Her sister’s Facebook says that she has not accessed any money from her account. I wonder if the account is flagged just to show transactions? Could her balance have been checked online for example, or balance in an ATM without the police being aware and then she be borrowing from a friend against that balance? This is theoretical anyway as I simply cannot see after this amount of time that if she had stayed away voluntarily she would have let someone know who could have got a message to family. I think the police should be escalating this urgently to the general public via TV (assuming they are as stumped as it appears). Relying on social media is good at getting the messages out for general awareness but catching a news flash in a family environment is more likely imo to lead to the kind of conversation that prompts a call. (It may be that police talking to people in the area she disappeared have already gathered info that would come from those type of calls though).

Her sister’s Facebook says that she has not accessed any money from her account. I wonder if the account is flagged just to show transactions? Could her balance have been checked online for example, or balance in an ATM without the police being aware and then she be borrowing from a friend against that balance? This is theoretical anyway as I simply cannot see after this amount of time that if she had stayed away voluntarily she would have let someone know who could have got a message to family. I think the police should be escalating this urgently to the general public via TV (assuming they are as stumped as it appears). Relying on social media is good at getting the messages out for general awareness but catching a news flash in a family environment is more likely imo to lead to the kind of conversation that prompts a call. (It may be that police talking to people in the area she disappeared have already gathered info that would come from those type of calls though).

If she was walking 2 miles to work each day and 2 miles back it is unlikely she had much money in the bank account at all, surely there would be buses that could take her to her work place or nearby without relying on 2x2 mile walks every day in winter which suggests to me she had little or no money

If she was walking 2 miles to work each day and 2 miles back it is unlikely she had much money in the bank account at all, surely there would be buses that could take her to her work place or nearby without relying on 2x2 mile walks every day in winter which suggests to me she had little or no money
Maybe she did it to keep fit? Public transport unreliable.. her dad would sometimes give her a lift if mum
Not going to work...

She may well have a healthy bank account as she lived at home. I don’t think you can do anything on atm, computers etc without the technology registering that these days - so no I don’t think she’s accessed it.

I always imagined that the walk was an easy way of keeping fitness levels up. I would happily walk two miles to work and the same back again if it were feasible. Two miles does not seem that far to me (but in our small town nowhere near MK we don’t have a high frequency of buses anyway).

Milton Keynes has plenty of ‘redways’ Which are great for walking between the areas a lot of people cycle or walk to work here. 2 miles via bus on the other hand would probably take double the time to walk as there are so many stops!

My partner and I walked from Premier Inn on Furzton to Buzzacott Lane and back along Loxbeare Drive and back to Premier Inn and then along underpass to the right of Premeir into Milton Keynes Bowl. To us there seemed very little opportunity to take Leah. The only possibility we thought was by bridge as you come into view of Premier Inn as there is a small car park there and scrub. We are going back next week to do another route. My partner, who stayed many times at the Premier says it is busy all times of the day and night. He feels that a vehicle must have been involved, or someone who lives nearby. The only truly secluded part was under the underpass by the entrance to the bowl. Vehicular access and opportunity to wait undercover. Hearts as ever with the family, we are trying to make sense of this and hope for some news soon. In the meantime we are studying and tramping hoping for answers.

Also, perhaps the family should be invited onto Good Morning Britain or other Breakfast TV. Stuff that appears on there seems to make the same day papers online quite often.

I do not have social media accounts or Twitter but perhaps someone who does could contact the team at This Morning or other other media outlets or send Tweets to individual news presenters.

My partner and I walked from Premier Inn on Furzton to Buzzacott Lane and back along Loxbeare Drive and back to Premier Inn and then along underpass to the right of Premeir into Milton Keynes Bowl. To us there seemed very little opportunity to take Leah. The only possibility we thought was by bridge as you come into view of Premier Inn as there is a small car park there and scrub. We are going back next week to do another route. My partner, who stayed many times at the Premier says it is busy all times of the day and night. He feels that a vehicle must have been involved, or someone who lives nearby. The only truly secluded part was under the underpass by the entrance to the bowl. Vehicular access and opportunity to wait undercover. Hearts as ever with the family, we are trying to make sense of this and hope for some news soon. In the meantime we are studying and tramping hoping for answers.
Well done for doing this. All those lakes there - I find that quite worrying, even though they have been checked.

Well done for doing this. All those lakes there - I find that quite worrying, even though they have been checked.
How heavy would Leah's rucksack be? Would it be heavy enough to weigh her down if she was in the lake?

I lived in furzton until last summer and used to walk 2 miles each way to work, and I earn pretty ok money. The bus links arent great and it would've taken me much longer and been an unnecessary expense, plus it's a nice area to walk through. I don't think one can read anything into it

I lived in furzton until last summer and used to walk 2 miles each way to work, and I earn pretty ok money. The bus links arent great and it would've taken me much longer and been an unnecessary expense, plus it's a nice area to walk through. I don't think one can read anything into it

I agree entirely, she is obviously very fit and health conscious. To her that sort of walk would be small fry. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member