Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant was whether the police decided not to put the case forward to the GPS as they had other things to prosecute him with.

Reactions: bos
Wha
I respectfully disagree @paddy40

I don’t think LS was shouting and causing a scene. Wasn’t there an MSM report about the students or taxi driver asking if she was ok when the taxi dropped her off that said she mumbled a response/mumbled to herself. I’ll go back and check the report.

In the 2-3 minutes it took her to reach Beverley/Beresford junction, i can’t see why she would suddenly be shouting. IMO she fell/stumbled or maybe had walked out into the road not at the pedestrian crossing nearby, which prompted grey beard to stop and help her

Maybe , but whatever she was doing it was enough for PR to stop and watch and for greybeard to get out so it wasn’t just sitting crying on the bench . She was getting some serious notice for either falling over or she’s kicked off IMO.
When he’s taken her to the park he knows what he’s going to do and has probably thought and researched how to dispose of a body. He was escalating towards this crime based on his previous behaviour so he had most likely considered where best to get rid of a body with no CCTV. And the closest place with river access and no CCTV to his house is that park. He’s known which part of the river would be best to use and then he’s ran back to his car and cleaned himself off. The LE will have seen all his search history. You can be sure he’s been looking up all sorts of stuff that fits with this crime

I don’t think LS was shouting and causing a scene. Wasn’t there an MSM report about the students or taxi driver asking if she was ok when the taxi dropped her off that said she mumbled a response/mumbled to herself. I’ll go back and check the report.

In the 2-3 minutes it took her to reach Beverley/Beresford junction, i can’t see why she would suddenly be shouting. IMO she fell/stumbled or maybe had walked out into the road not at the pedestrian crossing nearby, which prompted grey beard to stop and help her

I'm with you on this, Katy. Even when it's a male seeing a female kicking off, would the average motorist get out of their car to approach them? Methinks they'd be calling the police.

There's some reports that LS told bearded man she was fine, doesn't tie in with creating a scene. If he had a passenger, maybe it was them that noticed something amiss.

What I meant was whether the police decided not to put the case forward to the GPS as they had other things to prosecute him with.
I don't think they have to present every case to the CPS, they'll have a good idea if there is sufficient evidence.

Who knows - the CPS might have said not enough then after 96 hours to charge with abduction, but enough to charge re other offences. I would think that the police have a lot more evidence since then.

I agree as this seems more in line with her normal conduct, she did not appear to be someone who would shout in public judging by media sources/personal statements from those who knew her

I'm with you on this, Katy. Even when it's a male seeing a female kicking off, would the average motorist get out of their car to approach them? Methinks they'd be calling the police.

There's some reports that LS told bearded man she was fine, doesn't tie in with creating a scene. If he had a passenger, maybe it was them that noticed something amiss.
IMO the most likely scenario was he saw her fall over or she was laid/sat in the road or on the path (somewhere you wouldn't ordinarily be) Or she was so drunk she was staggering across the road dangerously etc.

I've been to the bench, and was very nervous approaching. Walking along Haworth Street felt especially sad. I walked slowly and lingered at the entrance to the yard, around the spot the car was parked, looking towards the camera in the same way I imagine many of you have. I've been here since, but not in the dark.

There was nobody else around, so I took a photo of the bench for the benefit of those of you who can't make it here to Hull. Amongst the outpouring of love and grief are some beautiful words. The perfume of flowers and scented candles is wonderful, and everything has been arranged in such an orderly way. I struggled to find words but wanted to offer something, which I don't mind sharing here.

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2225 copy.jpg
    IMG_2225 copy.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 124
If he did put her post code in his satnav then presumably the police would want to examine it .. I wonder if this is why they ended up searching the bench late at night ? Maybe he was asked how come he drove past her house and he said he did not take take her straight home

Last edited:
Wha

Maybe , but whatever she was doing it was enough for PR to stop and watch and for greybeard to get out so it wasn’t just sitting crying on the bench . She was getting some serious notice for either falling over or she’s kicked off IMO.
When he’s taken her to the park he knows what he’s going to do and has probably thought and researched how to dispose of a body. He was escalating towards this crime based on his previous behaviour so he had most likely considered where best to get rid of a body with no CCTV. And the closest place with river access and no CCTV to his house is that park. He’s known which part of the river would be best to use and then he’s ran back to his car and cleaned himself off. The LE will have seen all his search history. You can be sure he’s been looking up all sorts of stuff that fits with this crime
Agree with the park bit. I’ve always thought he was out doing his usual activities (perving) and saw her alone, staggering along Beresford and thought this was his opportunity,

IMO the most likely scenario was he saw her fall over or she was laid/sat in the road or on the path (somewhere you wouldn't ordinarily be) Or she was so drunk she was staggering across the road dangerously etc.

I made an early morning trip to my local supermarket and saw 2 men who obviously knew each other jokingly shouting and swearing, and running/pushing each other into the road. I phoned the police because not only were they a danger to themselves, I would have hated to see them cause an accident.

Even if you help someone who is staggering/falling/in the road and they say they're fine, would you leave it at that and not call for help in case they do it again?

Libby could have just been pacing up and down, but over a short distance, which looks agitated.

Edit: clarification

Last edited:
I suspect he stopped because LS was kicking up a bit of a storm. She was drunk and distressed and people are assuming she was crying to herself.... I think it’s more likely she was shouting and causing a scene, hence why greybeard stopped. People don’t stop their car unless there is some commotion.
He talked her down , grabs her elbow and she falls or he pushed her into the front seat..... ( as seen on the cctv )
He then proceeds to ask her where she lives and he thinks he will do his usual Pervy flashing on her and get away with it. Therefore he asks her the postcode. It’s only as he drives that he starts to see a bigger opportunity as she is so smashed , she doesn’t know where she is going .
The sat nav entry was a mistake that he made as it was an opportunistic attack. Having realised the next day he tells him sister or whoever , to make any cover story more believable.
He will surely have researched this type of crime and how to dispose of a body and that is why

Welcome Paddy, with your first Post.
I agree.
Your summation is very reasonable.
Let us hope, evidence is available, and Justice is served for Libby.
MOO.

I made an early morning trip to my local supermarket and saw 2 men shouting and swearing, and running/pushing each other into the road. I phoned the police because not only were they a danger to themselves, I would have hated to see them cause an accident.

Even if you help someone who is staggering/falling/in the road and they say they're fine, would you leave it at that and not call for help in case they do it again?

Libby could have just been pacing up and down, but over a short distance, which looks agitated.

I know it's not particularly relevant but I'm sure I read in an article yesterday that LS's name was actually Liberty and now i cannot remember where I saw it.

I'm also looking at the crime map for her neighbour hood.
Wilily wanging would be violent/sexual crime rather than antisocial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff