IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also... the status of the car changed in the past hour! It was listed as being in "storage" and now has "release pending" suddenly :eek:

Man you’re good.

I think I might have copied the original in text above, so let me do a recopy text from last link change in status. If there’s a change, note current time.

ETA:
Home / Indianapolis, IN /
Vehicle Details

TOW DETAILS
TR Number: 20190317A0015
License: BBU582 - IN
VIN: *************2027
Vehicle: RED 1996 ISUZU RODEO
Towed Date and Time: 3/17/19 4:27 AM
Towed By: Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
Towed From: 1017 N Hamilton Ave
Reason: ARREST Arrest
Tow Company: AutoReturn - Indianapolis
2451 S. Belmont Ave, Indianapolis, IN
Google Maps

Comparing this post to the one I just made a few minute ago, standby:

ETA: it appears 15 minutes ago it was still release pending.

Home / Indianapolis, IN /
Vehicle Details

TOW DETAILS
Towed Date and Time: 3/17/19 4:27 AM
Towed By: Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
Towed From: 1017 N Hamilton Ave
Reason: ARREST Arrest
Tow Company: AutoReturn - Indianapolis
2451 S. Belmont Ave, Indianapolis, IN
Google Maps

:

——

From timeline, vehicle description:
“Police say Lyons was last seen driving a maroon 1996 Isuzu Rodeo.“

Vs:

From tow report, vehicle description:
Source: https://www.autoreturn.com/indianapolis-in/find-vehicle/details?vehicle=3037547

Last edited:
Catching up.

If Amber is currently on Medicaid health benefits, or if she was eligible for Medicaid (Healthy Start) as a child under the age of 18, and a dentist deemed braces were “medically necessary” for her, then Medicaid would cover them.

Does Medicaid Pay For Braces? - The Dental Guide

She appears to have a pretty severe underbite that affects her speech, imo.

I may have missed it but...

Is the story about the Motel 6 allegedly still true? Because originally AR had a date there on the 15th but now the story is Amiah was last seen on March 9th. Has it been stated she was last seen on the 9th under the same (hotel date) circumstances?

I'd bet my last dollar that the forensic team has gone over this car with a fine tooth comb. I hope they were able to find some type of evidence.

So I’m trying to figure this out. It’s been in storage at the towing lot facility? Could this mean LE just got the warrant approved and the vehicle is just now being released to them now? Or are we sure this is being released back to the suspect? If it’s been in storage the whole time...

Just wondering how someone who has not been charged with anything, therefore is not yet entitled to a public defender, can afford to hire an attorney when they are a teenager with no job, 2 kids and reportedly living not even in an apt or rental house in the WORST, most deplorable area of a large city, <modsnipped> the WORST most deplorable area of that large city.

It's always interesting to me how funds suddenly become available or are provided when a private attorney is needed but when the most basic things for two children were needed, no funds to be found.
I totally agree and brought this up in an earlier post. Can't quite figure this out.

Yep, looks like it was towed and impounded on 3/17 at 4:27AM (requested by IMPD) and has been in storage ever since then.

Comparing this to timeline re: arrest.

Standby

Timeline:

Saturday, March 9: Amiah Last Seen

“During a press conference Saturday (March 23, 2019), police say Amiah was last seen with the boyfriend of the baby’s mother, Robert Lyons, around 1:15 p.m. March 9. Lyons is said to have spent the day in the area of Rockville and Mickley. Lyons then returned to the mother’s home at roughly 10 p.m. that night without Amiah.

““If you live in that area I would ask that you try to remember if you saw anything suspicious. If you saw Robert or Amiah, or this truck," IMPD Detective Jean Burkett said.”

Police say Lyons was last seen driving a maroon 1996 Isuzu Rodeo.“
IMPD announces missing 8-month-old baby now investigated as homicide

“A babysitter and other witnesses saw Lyons leave the house on Holmes Ave. with Amiah at 1:15 p.m. March 9. Police said Lyons stayed on the southwest side until 10 p.m. and returned to Amber Robertson without the baby.”
Police: Search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old now classified as homicide investigation

—-

Sunday, March 10:

“Since March 10, Robert Lyons has taunted Amber Robertson about Amiah’s whereabouts.””
Police: Search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old now classified as homicide investigation

Thursday, March 14:

A) Last seen number 1:

“But police said she first told them the baby had been missing since the Thursday before.“
Amiah Robertson Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“Robertson said she doesn't know where her baby could be. She says the last time she saw Amiah was Thursday, before her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, was supposed to take the baby to a west side home.

"She was supposed to go to the babysitter's house on 229 South Holmes. She never arrived there," said Robertson.“
Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

“Amiah's mother initially reported the girl missing on Saturday, March 16. At the time, she told police she had not seen Amiah since Thursday and family members did not believe Amiah was in danger.“
Missing 8-month-old Indiana girl believed to be in extreme danger
—————

Friday, March 15:

A) Last seen number 2:

“Amber claims she hasn't seen her daughter Amiah since Friday and is concerned about her daughter's safety.

"I’m just hoping she isn’t with someone that could do any harm to her," said Robertson.

For their part, police say the family's story has been inconsistent. The family initially told investigators Amiah was last seen on Thursday, March 14 and they did not think the girl was at risk.”
UPDATE: FBI now assisting IMPD with search for missing 8-month-old girl

B) “A Neighbor Saw Her With the Baby Friday Night ‘Speed-Walking’ Toward an Alley”.

“"I definitely saw her Friday night around 9 p.m.," B said. "[Amiah] had a short T-shirt on, probably some thin pajama pants, no jacket and it was cold. The mom was just holding her up [away from her body, instead of cradling her] and was speed walking with her."“
Conflicting Stories In the Disappearance of Amiah Robertson

C) Motel 6:

Time?

“...the mother of the child said she was on a date with her ex-boyfriend at a Motel 6 on Friday for a date when Amiah went missing.”
Amiah Robertson Missing: 8-Month-Old Disappeared While Mother Was On Date

“She says she was with her ex-boyfriend, who is not Amiah’s father, at a Motel 6 on Friday, March 15 for a date. That was the last time Amber saw her daughter. She reported Amiah missing to police on Saturday.”
Silver Alert issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

—————

Saturday, March 16:

A) Reported Missing:

“According to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Amiah's family reported her missing Saturday, two days after the last time she was seen.”
What we know about the disappearance of Amiah Robertson

“Amiah Robertson was reported missing on Saturday, two days after her mother told authorities she was last seen, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department announced on social media.”
Indianapolis Police Search for Missing 8-Month-Old Baby Amid Conflicting Stories From Family

B) Last seen 3:
“According to the infant's mother, she was last seen on the city's west side in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on Thursday, March 14. State police says Amiah was last seen Saturday, March 16.“
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

“Chris Bavender, spokeswoman for the FBI’s Indianapolis division, said Wednesday that the federal agency is assisting in the search for 8-month-old Amiah Robertson, who officials said was last seen on Saturday. She said that Indianapolis police is the lead agency.”
Baby missing since Saturday is subject of search in Indianapolis, with FBI assisting

“A "silver alert" was issued for Amiah by Indiana State Police on Tuesday that said the child is missing from Indianapolis and was last seen on Saturday at 4:35 p.m. "She is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance," the alert said.“
Baby missing since Saturday is subject of search in Indianapolis, with FBI assisting

“Authorities eventually discovered discrepancies in the timeline of her disappearance and updated her last reported sighting to Saturday.”
Detectives collect 'items' near creek possibly linked to missing 8-month-old

C) Domestic Disturbance:

“Police say Lyons and Robertson got into an argument Saturday, likely over whether or not Lyons was the father for Amiah. Lyons was arrested over that "domestic dispute", according to Amiah's grandfather Chuck Robertson.

"He physically abused my daughter and it escalated into where he actually ran a car into her," Robertson said. "All I can do it hope. I don't know."”

(Note: Add snippet here from last thread re: time on officer responses)

—————

Sunday, March 17:

A) “Amber Robertson posted to one of her at least five Facebook pages, this one that uses the url logan.robertson, first on Sunday March 17 at 3:40 p.m. that her baby was missing. This coincides with the time Lyons was arrested. But police said she first told them the baby had been missing since the Thursday before.“

B) Surveillance video taken on Sunday /
Detailed description of video at link:
Video surfaces from day after 8-month-old girl was reported missing - WISH
(Article Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019)

“...it shows Robert Lyons, Amber Robertson's boyfriend, coming out of the house of Amiah Robertson's babysitters on South Holmes Avenue.”

Snip

“The neighbor who provided the video told News 8 that Lyons, mom Amber and daughter Amiah had been living in a car behind the house. Amiah had just been reported missing the day before this video was taken. Her family said that house is where she was last seen.”

C) “A short time later, two IMPD officers show up at the house. The police are not shown going into the house.”

D) “Police arrested Lyons later on Sunday on charges unrelated to Amiah's disappearance.”

—————

Monday, March 18:

A) “Just after midnight, so on March 18, a second post.

“Amiah mommy loves you so much baby girl your out there some where and I’m not stopping till I find you your all mommy and bubby has we miss u so much I just wanna hold you and let everything be ok I love u more than life babygirl”“
Amber Roberston: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

B) Robertson’s father told local media that his daughter and Lyons, who the grandfather said was not the child’s biological father, had been involved in a domestic dispute tied to the child’s paternity. Charles ‘Chuck’ Robertson told a reporter he believed Lyon was involved in the baby’s disappearance calling it a “gut feeling.”

Chuck Robertson posted the above on March 18, where he alleged that Lyons kidnapped the baby.“
—————

Tuesday, March 19:

A) Silver Alert Issued

“ISP issued a Silver Alert for Amiah around 11 a.m. on Tuesday—about nine hours after IMPD initially asked the public for help with finding her.”

“On Tuesday, police determined the child to be in possible danger and a Silver Alert was issued asking for the public's help.

Detectives then when to the home on South Holmes Avenue, where the baby was last seen, and using a search warrant began interviewing possible witnesses. Investigators were also on hand to collect potential evidence. Detectives say they have been given conflicting stories throughout the investigation.”
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

“On Tuesday, a statewide Silver Alert was issued by the Indiana State Police stating that Amiah was now believed to be in "extreme danger" and may require medical attention.“

“The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is asking the public to help find the baby, Amiah Robertson. IMPD sent out her photo with a vague description of what happened early Tuesday morning.”
UPDATE: IMPD now working with FBI in search for missing 8-month-old girl

B) “Police on Tuesday took to Twitter to directly address the social media talk and urge people to stop spreading "inaccurate reports."”

C) “On Tuesday, detectives obtained a search warrant for the home on South Holmes Street where Amiah was reportedly last seen. Police spent time in the neighborhood talking to potential witnesses, and the Indianapolis-Marion County Forensic Services Agency responded as a precautionary measure to collect potential evidence that might assist in locating the baby, police said.”

“Detectives searched the home for hours on Tuesday, focusing on a detached garage, but it’s unclear if they found anything.”
Why a Silver Alert, not an Amber Alert, was issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indy

D)Police: Missing baby's mom 'lawyered up'
PUBLISHED: MAR 19TH, 2019 - 10:23PM
——

Wednesday, March 20:

A) Silver Alert Cancelled

“However, police say the Silver Alert was canceled at 10 p.m. Wednesday "due to very few tips coming in on that specific hotline."”

“On Wednesday, the Silver Alert was canceled. IMPD officials said the alert was being pulled because "very few tips" were generated on that specific hotline, and detectives have been receiving numerous tips through social media and department lines.”

B) “FBI joins the investigation
The FBI confirmed Wednesday that it is assisting Indianapolis police in the investigation.

An FBI spokesperson told IndyStar that IMPD is leading the investigation and declined to comment further.“

C) “On Wednesday, the search extended to the White River. Officers responded to the area of West McCarty Street near the river just after 4:40 p.m. after getting a tip about potential evidence related to the case.

Items were found along the shoreline that could be related to Amiah's disappearance, but police said the items need to be analyzed further.

Divers also searched the water but nothing was recovered.“

“On Wednesday afternoon, police were investigating an area about a half-mile from the babysitter’s address...”
FBI involved in search for missing Indiana baby, Silver Alert canceled

Investigators spent hours Wednesday collecting items possibly linked to missing Indianapolis 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

“Police began searching Eagle Creek near Sadie and West McCarty streets around 4:40 p.m. following a tip from an undisclosed source.”

“Rescue crews and dive teams were dispatched to assist in the investigation but were only able to recover debris from the water, officials said.

Authorities declined to provide descriptions of items recovered from the shoreline but did not rule out toys, shoes or articles of clothing.”

“On Wednesday, investigators conducted a large search on the banks of Eagle Creek less than a mile from where Amiah was last seen. An IMPD spokesperson said they conducted the search after being tipped off that some “items related to the case” were there.

“We have to remain hopeful that we will see her again and see her alive again and that’s what we all want to see,” IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie said Wednesday.”
Community members hold vigil for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson

Police have concentrated their efforts at Little Eagle Creek since Wednesday afternoon.”
Drones Used in Search for Amiah Robertson

“On March 20, Indianapolis police say they received a tip regarding items that may be connected to Amiah along a bank of the White River, less than a mile from where the baby was reportedly last seen. Detectives searched the area with help from an Indianapolis Fire Department dive team, but police say their findings were inconclusive.”
WATCH: IMPD announces missing 8-month-old baby now investigated as homicide

D) “Emergency medical workers arrived at the scene around 5:40 p.m. in an ambulance with flashing lights and left by 7 p.m.”

E) “Online court records show Robert Lyons, the boyfriend of Amiah’s mother, Amber Robertson, is due in criminal court this morning.”

Lyons is in custody on preliminary charges unrelated to Amiah's disappearance.”
FBI now assisting in search for missing Indianapolis 8-month-old

“He (Lyons) was released Wednesday.”
Why a Silver Alert, not an Amber Alert, was issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indy

“According to online jail and court records, Lyons was arrested and charged with criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident on St Patrick’s Day. He was released from jail Wednesday March 20 sans online explanation, meaning no court hearings are listed.“

F) Amber says she went to this location on Wednesday, found items, and called the tip in herself to police:

“Wednesday, police searched an area on the west side after getting a tip close to the investigation. That tip brought them to the banks of the White River near McCarty and Sadie Streets.

Baby Amiah's mom, Amber Robertson, told Eyewitness News she's the one who called it in to police.

"All I can do is sit and think of things that my daughter loves," said Robertson, who said she's had more on her mind, like trying to remember past conversations with her boyfriend, who she said was supposed to take 8-month-old Amiah to the babysitter's last Thursday, but never got there.

"Robert, a long time ago, told me about 1907. That it was somewhere where he and his friends used to hang around and he drove me by here one time," said Robertson.

So she went back there Wednesday afternoon.

That's where she says she found items that belonged to her daughter and boyfriend, so she called 911. The call brought out IMPD and IFD's dive team to collect possible evidence.

"They discovered some items that could be related to the case, however that is not conclusive at this time," said IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie.“
Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

————-

Thursday, March 21:

A) “Amiah's grandfather told the TV station that Amber Robertson, Amiah's mother, was talking to detectives again Thursday. She and boyfriend Robert Lyons may have had a fight before the baby disappeared last Thursday.”

“Amiah's grandfather Charles "Chuck" Robertson told News 8 on Thursday that Amiah's mother was meeting with a detective.”
Search continues for missing 8-month-old girl

B) “Indianapolis metro police Thursday used a drone to search Eagle Creek.”
Search continues for missing 8-month-old girl
————

Friday, March 22:

A) “Community members on the near west side of Indianapolis gathered Friday for a candle light vigil for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.“
Community members hold vigil for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson

———

Saturday, March 23:

A) Last Seen date is clarified as March 9:

“Amiah's family reported her as missing on March 16. But the last time police have confirmed that she was seen alive was at 1:15 p.m. March 9, when Lyons had her in a residence in the 200 block of S. Holmes Avenue on the city's west side.“

B) IMPD announces they are investigating Amiah’s disappearance as a homicide:

“The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department has announced they are investigating the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson as a homicide.”

“Roach said it has been a homicide investigation all week after officials realized things "didn't add up."”

C) “IMPD says they investigated the places Lyons told them baby Amiah should be. Amiah was not found at any of the described locations, and several of the locations Lyons detailed did not exist, according to police.”

D) “Officials also confirmed that items found along the bank of the White River belonged to Amiah.”

E) “Police urge anyone who saw Lyons with Amiah after March 9 to come forward.”
WATCH: IMPD announces missing 8-month-old baby now investigated as homicide

F) “Police have named Robert Lyons, who was the boyfriend of Amiah's mother, as a suspect.”

“Although police listed Lyons as a suspect, they said they are not seeking his whereabouts now.”
Search for missing 8-month-old is now classified as a homicide, Indianapolis police say

G) It is stated that Amber is not a suspect and has been cooperative:

“Amiah's mother has been cooperative and is not a suspect, police said.”
Search for missing 8-month-old is now classified as a homicide, Indianapolis police say

H) “Police are asking for anyone, who saw a 1996 maroon Isuzu Rodeo SUV in "poor condition," to call the police tip's hotline 317-262-TIPS.”
Boyfriend named as a suspect in the disappearance of an 8-month-old Indianapolis baby: Police

ETA:
Score!

“Sunday, March 17:

A) “Amber Robertson posted to one of her at least five Facebook pages, this one that uses the url logan.robertson, first on Sunday March 17 at 3:40 p.m. that her baby was missing. This coincides with the time Lyons was arrested. But police said she first told them the baby had been missing since the Thursday before.“

“...it shows Robert Lyons, Amber Robertson's boyfriend, coming out of the house of Amiah Robertson's babysitters on South Holmes Avenue.”

Snip

“The neighbor who provided the video told News 8 that Lyons, mom Amber and daughter Amiah had been living in a car behind the house. Amiah had just been reported missing the day before this video was taken. Her family said that house is where she was last seen.”

C) “A short time later, two IMPD officers show up at the house. The police are not shown going into the house.”

D) “Police arrested Lyons later on Sunday on charges unrelated to Amiah's disappearance.”
Video surfaces from day after 8-month-old girl was reported missing - WISH“

—-
ETA:

So wait, the car was impounded BEFORE he was arrested?

Last edited:
So I’m trying to figure this out. It’s been in storage at the towing lot facility? Could this mean LE just got the warrant approved and the vehicle is just now being released to them now? Or are we sure this is being released back to the suspect? If it’s been in storage the whole time...

but is this not the car they said to BOLO for that the suspect is supposedly driving right now?! i suppose they could just be slow at updating their website, (it absolutely said "stored" just 1-2 hours ago, and now says "release pending") but this just makes everything more confusing, as if that's possible at this point.

Standby

ETA:
Score!

“Sunday, March 17:

A) “Amber Robertson posted to one of her at least five Facebook pages, this one that uses the url logan.robertson, first on Sunday March 17 at 3:40 p.m. that her baby was missing. This coincides with the time

Standby

ETA:
Score!

“Sunday, March 17:

Snip

—-
ETA:

was arrested. But police said she first told them the baby had been missing since the Thursday before.“

Snip

—-
ETA:

I’m a totally laid back person IRL. But this case is MADDENING!!! Every time I read Margarita’s awesomely detailed time line I sit there with my jaw to the floor.

I’ve never seen such a damn mess of altered timelines.

Amish was only 8 months old!!! Was she that neglected that nobody around noticed when exactly she went missing? Stories have changed?

Is everyone involved just big fat liars? Has substance abuse played a role in all this mind bending nonsense??? Because it is freaking ridiculous. Poor LE!!!

Praying little Amiah is found and the person or persons involved are punished for their evil deeds.

It’s like nobody besides LE are even taking this seriously!!! Who all is playing games and why?

but is this not the car they said to BOLO for that the suspect is supposedly driving right now?! i suppose they could just be slow at updating their website, (it absolutely said "stored" just 1-2 hours ago, and now says "release pending") but this just makes everything more confusing, as if that's possible at this point.

I got confused on this, too, so I went back to the press conference to see the wording of what they said about it. They asked to hear from people who saw him or his car on March 9. If they said to BOLO another time or separately from that, I missed it.

Sorry vanished for a bit to go give my son a bath

I got the impression that the police statement yesterday only made note of the vehicle to request witness statements from people who may have seem him with it prior to his arrest?

And yeah the vehicle status prior was “stored”. Given it’s been a week since it was towed, I wonder if it’s just automatically released after 1 week? Or alternately if releasing it is a tactical move to get him to go retrieve it. Either way, it feels significant—surely there’s evidence in that vehicle that they have already found or are about to find (MOO)

It would actually be really interesting if they did find evidence yesterday and their request for witness testimony is to corroborate that he was with the vehicle and connected to the evidence they may have found?

There is no BOLO per say, moo. LE said they are not actively seeking this individual.

I believe LE wants to know about sightings starting March 9.

Ow my head. Grabbing coffee. Pulling quotes in a minute. :)

ETA:
Just to clarify, was the exact word “stored”? Tia.

Regarding the White River vs Eagle Creek issue.....is it alright to post a screenshot of map here?
I'm not sure if LE used the term White River because Eagle Creek runs off of it? But if you use the cross streets mentioned (and the street sign I saw on the media coverage) It's definitely Eagle Creek in the 2 LE (publicized) searches.

Regarding the White River vs Eagle Creek issue.....is it alright to post a screenshot of map here?
I'm not sure if LE used the term White River because Eagle Creek runs off of it? But if you use the cross streets mentioned (and the street sign I saw on the media coverage) It's definitely Eagle Creek in the 2 LE (publicized) searches.

Yes it is legal to post map screenshots here.
I actually posted the same street sign shot in thread 1. You’re thinking of Sadie and McCarty, right? It is evident it is Eagle Creek imo as I also noted but now LE has also specifically mentioned “White River” (iirc per @kadoober’ s transcript, see my post on “expand”).

ETA: Iirc @osu and other posters also have provided some map visuals. It would be great to bring these forward. Keep those visuals coming. :)

Yes it is legal to post map screenshots here.
I actually posted the same street sign shot in thread 1. You’re thinking of Sadie and McCarty, right? It is evident it is Eagle Creek imo as I also noted but now LE has also specifically mentioned “White River” (iirc per @kadoober’ s transcript, see my post on “expand”).
Thank-you, I won't post map if you saw the street sign. I was hyper-focused on that small point in all of the gazillion messed up points.
And thank-you for your amazing timeline. :)

According to detectives, the last time Amiah was seen “alive and well” was with Lyons on March 9, off of the 200 block of South Holmes in Indianapolis. He was driving a 1996 maroon Isuzu Rodeo in “poor condition,” according to IMPD Detective Jean Burkett.

During the same day, he was spotted in the areas of Rockville Road and Mickley Avenue for “an extended period of time.”

The suspect stayed out until around 10 p.m. on March 9, then returned to Robertson alone, without the baby. Robertson said he gave Lyons permission to drop off the baby at the babysitter’s home, with the assumption she would be picked up the following day. This never happened. Instead, Lyons supposedly began taunting the mother about the baby’s whereabouts.

Amiah Robertson: Search for missing baby now a homicide investigation as police zero in on mother’s boyfriend

Didn't the detective at yesterday's pressor mention some apartments in conjunction with the Rockville/Mickley address?

Thank-you, I won't post map if you saw the street sign. I was hyper-focused on that small point in all of the gazillion messed up points.
And thank-you for your amazing timeline. :)

Please see my eta :)

You’re welcome.

It’s always great to bring stuff forward anyway. :)

—-

(Note to self, look for quote that uses term “excluded” re: water search(es), I lost this quote when the threads transferred, Note to find it, possibly relates to 3/20)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member