Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberty .. beautiful :)

One thing playing on my mind tonight, I know there are doubts about entering the river at oak road due to mud, snagging at corners etc but 7 weeks is a long time to be in the water (doesn’t bare thinking about)

So, if Libby entered straight into the Humber that night surely by 7 weeks later she would have already been lost to the North Sea ? (Allowing for tides)

Makes me wonder if LE were just incredibly unlucky not finding her much earlier along the course of the river Hull ? And that 7 weeks would be ample time to be stuck/unstuck and enter into the tidal estuary before being found. Has there been heavy rainfall in Hull over the past 7 weeks, you got the storms too ? That could effect river flow, potentially dislodging?
I know in Cumbria, we still have remnants of flooding from the last storm and river levels and volume rose considerably.

I have no knowledge of tides etc so I could be completely missing the point and I hate talking about Libby in these terms now we know for sure :(

I wouldn't have thought the Humber directly, due to the potent time frame points you mention, however, I think further down the river Hull than the playing fields, due to similar time frame reasons. I mentioned it yesterday, highlighting I am not sure how fast the body would move, and someone pointed out that a body initially sinks and is heavy (harder to move in the river) but as nature takes its course, the weight lightens...and velocity can increase.

Having read a post on here mention the Emergency Contact feature on iPhone which I didn’t know about before, I’ve now switched it on on my phone. As a female who lives alone and often travels home from work late and on my own, albeit in a big city, it’s a good precaution to take
very sensible Katy, I have done the same.

I wouldn't have thought the Humber directly, due to the potent time frame points you mention, however, I think further down the river Hull than the playing fields, due to similar time frame reasons. I mentioned it yesterday, highlighting I am not sure how fast the body would move, and someone pointed out that a body initially sinks and is heavy (harder to move in the river) but as nature takes its course, the weight lightens...and velocity can increase.
Yeah I agree , he went for the river hull and he’s been lucky

There is a stretch of water that links to the Humber within the oak playing fields isn’t there ?

Yes, the river Hull runs by the park, it winds along for 3 or 4 miles before it reaches the Humber estuary. Local consensus seems to be that it's quite muddy and boggy with plenty of snagging spots and reeds along the banks. I couldn't find any reports of people falling in the Hull that far upstream and washing down to the sea. Not to say it didn't happen on this occasion, but it's certainly not a given.

I recall your post now @Enquirer-2019 & the responses. Thank you

Lots of scenarios are possible, my ideas change all the time. Sometimes I don’t think he was ever in the park (why take a near/incapacitated Libby out of the confines of your car) and that the bench was a red herring given to the police by PR during questioning as to account for the last place he saw Libby unharmed. Other times, I think what appears to be the simplest explanation is the answer and that given all the searches of oak road, they were there and that’s where Libby entered.

I think she became distressed when she was locked out and then lost her head a bit. When you’re that drunk you can flip quite quickly.
Maybe she is blocking the road slightly and she shouts at the car.... i think the fact it’s noticed she is ‘distressed’ indicates a commotion as opposed to head in hands crying . We tend to ignore someone on a bench at midnight with their head in their hands IMO
Distressed in the English community sense of the word, ordinarily means crying or appearing upset, as opposed to shouting/annoyed/angry. That's my understanding only of course.

@Pinkizzy - I can't find it right now, it was about page 41 but this thread is such a monster it's increasingly difficult to navigate. I just saw it and repeated it in good faith. I hadn't actually seen the post referenced above, which refers to searches at Ferriby Foreshore, Welton Waters, Brough Haven and Cadenby Creek, all of which are well to the *west* of the confluence of the Humber and the Hull, ie upstream. As somebody else said - sorry, I am old and feeble and can't keep up with the digital age :) - the Humber is a massive and complex stretch of water, forever shifting & moving the goalposts.
I shared it again about 2-3 pages back :-D

Yes, the river Hull runs by the park, it winds along for 3 or 4 miles before it reaches the Humber estuary. Local consensus seems to be that it's quite muddy and boggy with plenty of snagging spots and reeds along the banks. I couldn't find any reports of people falling in the Hull that far upstream and washing down to the sea. Not to say it didn't happen on this occasion, but it's certainly not a given.

I see.... that’s where he’s got lucky I think . I bet he knows the river hull joins the Humber and assumed it would take her out.

Distressed in the English community sense of the word, ordinarily means crying or appearing upset, as opposed to shouting/annoyed/angry. That's my understanding only of course.

True but it’s also a polite way of saying somebody has gone ape when they are being mindful of portraying that person in a positive light

Someone asked when a potential body was seen in Paull?
It was first spotted at 1.45pm on the 26th Feb

"Posting on Facebook, Hull Coastguard said they were called out just after 1pm today to an “unidentified object”.

“Paged to unidentified object in the water seemingly attracting many birds at North Ferriby.

“Teams searched the shore line from Brough Haven to Welton Waters, Melton and North Ferriby, whilst Humber Rescue searched to Crabley Farm area.

“With good visibility but nothing of significance found, teams stood down and returned to station, pending further sightings.”

They resumed searching on the Weds 27th and Thursday 28th.

If we are to believe LS entered the water at Oak Road Park, Paull looks about half way, possibly just under, between potential entry point and where she was found. I'd say it's possible in the timings. The estuary is such an unimaginable amount of water a body could be swirling around it for weeks, I imagine once it hits the right tide, it's gone.
Of course the sighting at Paull may have been unrelated or even something innocent like a seal.
I would plot it on a map but I'm rubbish at stuff like that.
@otta would have been good mapping however we have scared him off.

Just wondering why PR was out at night. Was he taxi driving.,.If that was the case I would have thought he would have been hanging around the Welly or other night clubs.

Was he kerb crawling.

Interesting point. Personally I dont think the spidercam was manipulated. If the LE wanted to hide identities they could have simply blurred their faces
JMO

I agree and coincidently I was just at a drive up ATM with the hubby. I was the passenger just along for the ride. While waiting I looked up at the CCTV and there was a big spider web over it. I think the lights near the camera attract bugs. Ideal web locations.

Edit spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member