LA LA/AK - Eddie Matthew Martin, 44, Truck Accident in LA with Alaska Drivers License, 11 June 1991

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original
Original

Missing Age 44 Years
Current Age 72 Years
First Name Eddie
Middle Name Matthew
Last Name Martin

Sex Male
Height 5' 7" - 5' 10" (67 - 70 Inches)
Weight 160 - 190 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Thick, wavy hair very dark brown
Facial Hair Description: Kept a mustache, even with sides of mouth

Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description: Eyes slightly angle down on the outside corners.

Scar/mark

scar on left buttock (from childhood accident), also two scars on scalp (one near the front of his head and one near the crown)

Clothing
N0 CL0THING DESCRIPTI0N KN0WN AT TIME 0F REP0RT

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact June 11, 1991
NamUs Case Created January 23, 2013

Last Known Location Map

County: St. Landry Parish

Circumstances of Disappearance
Eddie was in an accident involving a 1983 Dodge pickup truck bearing LA license plate #T0694172, and VIN #D14AE6S327451. The license used at the scene of the accident was issued out of Alaska, which was the last known residence through investigation by Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Office.

1983 Dodge Truck
State: Louisiana
License Plate: T0694172
Comments Vehicle was involved in an accident in 1991 in Opelousas, LA. Eddie had a AK drivers license in his possession.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie's niece posted here on an UID thread: LA - LA - Opelousas, Human Skull, found by dog off Hwy 182, Aug'13

@luv2mets if you come back please look at this thread for a mysterious man who appeared and disappeared again in 1992 using an alias Paul Harrod-- do the photos of the mystery man look like your uncle Eddie? He had a scar in that same location on his forehead/crown so we were discussing if he might be Eddie:
IN - IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Gardener, all, I started a Conversation with luv2mets asking her to come here, included the link to notPRH's thread.

Not a big fan of Conversations, too many emails on the phone ya'know, but a message to the niece could be a big help here so I took the risk.

YMMV, Laughing

Welcome luv2mets. Is there anything about your uncle Eddie we should know that is not in his missing case file? Was he originally from Alaska and serving in the military in LA? What other states did he have connections to? I hope you find your uncle someday soon.

(I just realized I forget to link to NAMUS in the first post of this thread. Here is Eddie's NAMUS link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) )

Thank you for alerting me to the Paul Hartod case Many Vietnam veterans assume identities. I believe that my Uncle might have actually done that, also

Welcome back, so glad to see you. We want to help you (and your cousins) find Mr. Martin!

(Our family includes a young man who served in Viet Nam -- and came back a very different man.)

The current jurisdiction is Calcasieu Parish, more than an hour away from St. Landry Parish, whence he disappeared. I’m going to try to have that case turned over to St Landry Sheriff’s Office.

Gardener, all, I started a Conversation with luv2mets asking her to come here, included the link to notPRH's thread.

Not a big fan of Conversations, too many emails on the phone ya'know, but a message to the niece could be a big help here so I took the risk.

YMMV, Laughing
Am in the area, moving jurisdiction to St. Landry parish. If the family would like to talk with me, I’d welcome it.

Welcome luv2mets. Is there anything about your uncle Eddie we should know that is not in his missing case file? Was he originally from Alaska and serving in the military in LA? What other states did he have connections to? I hope you find your uncle someday soon.

(I just realized I forget to link to NAMUS in the first post of this thread. Here is Eddie's NAMUS link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) )
Yes, he served three tours in Nam and he was a small framed man. The reason I reported him missing in Calcasieu Parish, is because that was the last contact that the family had with him. We later learned that he was in Ketchikan, AK and had a dl from there. Also learned that he was in an auto accident in Opelousas with the same AK license, then nothing. SS number has not been used at all. He did talk to his brother about going to a vet colony either in Oregon or Washington State.

The current jurisdiction is Calcasieu Parish, more than an hour away from St. Landry Parish, whence he disappeared. I’m going to try to have that case turned over to St Landry Sheriff’s Office.
Yes, because that was the last parish that family saw him. We learned about Alaska and the accident afterwards. I reported to Calcasieu Parish.

Yes, he served three tours in Nam and he was a small framed man. The reason I reported him missing in Calcasieu Parish, is because that was the last contact that the family had with him. We later learned that he was in Ketchikan, AK and had a dl from there. Also learned that he was in an auto accident in Opelousas with the same AK license, then nothing. SS number has not been used at all. He did talk to his brother about going to a vet colony either in Oregon or Washington State.
Also, I am in many UID/MP groups and am scouring through all UIDs in the nation. We cannot rule out Canada, however. Trying to contact Provincial Police about a possible UID match now.

Eddie's niece posted here on an UID thread: LA - LA - Opelousas, Human Skull, found by dog off Hwy 182, Aug'13

@luv2mets if you come back please look at this thread for a mysterious man who appeared and disappeared again in 1992 using an alias Paul Harrod-- do the photos of the mystery man look like your uncle Eddie? He had a scar in that same location on his forehead/crown so we were discussing if he might be Eddie:
IN - IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992
Thank you for this. The MP isn't my Uncle, but thank you for alerting me to this.

Websleuth community, I am very thankful for you al . Please dont forget about my Uncle. We aren't too naive to realize that he might not be found, but if he is a UID out there somewhere, we would like to be able to lay him to rest. I am still hopeful that he is out there, living his life.

Gardner1850, I need to run another social security check.
Gardener1850 I tried to message you, but a message appeared saying that I can .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back