IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing about this case has made sense to me AOA! From the day baby Amiah actually went missing to how nobody reported her missing for over a week.

If LE knows for a fact that the baby was last seen in his custody on March 9th and she hasn't been seen since and he can't lead them to her then how is he released from jail? *bangs head on desk*
Because knowing he did it, and proving he did it, are two different things.

It’s incredibly frustrating, but that’s how it works.

There may be potential obstruction charges, but sometimes it’s better to allow a suspect to walk, so he can inadvertently help make the case against him.

Because knowing he did it, and proving he did it, are two different things.

It’s incredibly frustrating, but that’s how it works.
Couldn't they hold him on kidnapping, obstruction charges or child endangerment charges or something? If you have possession of child X and that child cannot be accounted for how in God's name can someone not be help responsible??

I'm basically speaking rhetorically out of anger and disgust MG. :(

Didn't AR have a black eye or one that was healing when she gave that long interview on the front porch early on?
Some speculated that she may have, but as far as I know there hasn't been any mention of that, or of any abuse by him.
Amber's father said he tried to run her down, or something like that in one of his interviews.
Knowing what we know now I would not be surprised if he physically abused her. It's pretty clear that he was mentally abusive. Imo

Aggghhhhh my head is going to explode, especially with all the mod snips!!!
I hope we don’t get this thread shut down for cleanup. AR - cleared by LE. Let’s let it go. This baby is a little person that needs to be found and peace needs to be brought to her. Need to focus on Lyons until things change...again..,and make this case even more confusing! IMO #victimfriendly

Aggghhhhh my head is going to explode, especially with all the mod snips!!!
I hope we don’t get this thread shut down for cleanup. AR - cleared by LE. Let’s let it go. This baby is a little person that needs to be found and peace needs to be brought to her. Need to focus on Lyons until things change...again..,and make this case even more confusing! IMO #victimfriendly

( I haven’t seen anything today that wasn’t victim friendly? Or modsnips? I was thinking everyone has been really good here today in that way, maybe I missed something, the mods are quick and people are quick to report, moo. )

Hello! I am new here even if I’ve been silently following along cases for years now. I am actually a local in Indy, well west side of Indy. I just had a couple of questions I was hoping could be answered.
So I know that MSM had an interview where LH said he was the father, but was that ever proved? I’ve been snooping, mainly on SM but also on mycase.gov just to see if there was any dirt on RL I could find. But LH profile pic and only pics he’s tagged in are of AR son. I just found this weird. Mind you I completely forgot I had a Facebook for a few months and finally went back to it so it’s possible he did too. Just curious if there was hard proof.
Second question is: has anyone else noticed the age difference for RL? In some news articles, can’t find it now but will continue to look, it says that he is 20. But his DOB is 1992 listed on the reports? Anyone else see this? TIA. Sorry if none of this is allowed just trying to sort some things out in my own brain.

Edit:
Ha! Found an article, it’s like the 3rd line of the article! Mother’s boyfriend named suspect in disappearance of missing 8-month-old

Maybe someone else would know but I always thought if someone is arrested for domestic violence the person couldn’t then drop the DM charges later? That the DM charge becomes a matter of the state. I thought that the law changed after Nicole Brown Simpson? I could be wrong though.

Quoting myself here, but this article was the reason I thought RL was charged with domestic violence.
I was confused when later his charges had been dropped and he was released from jail.

ETA: Everything about this case has been confusing though. :/

‘Lyons was arrested on an unrelated domestic charge and has given police several locations of where Amiah could be, but the baby has not been found’

Search for missing eight-month-old baby now being treated as a homicide investigation | Daily Mail Online

@Badwolf47 Which reports did you see 1992 on? The ones I have from IMPD list RL's birthdate as 10/16/1998, which would make him 20.

ETA: Nevermind, I see what you're talking about. In the Inmate Lookup Tool, it lists 10/16/1992. Weird! I feel like that had to be a data entry error when they committed him the first time.

Also ETA: Welcome to WS!

@Badwolf47 Which reports did you see 1992 on? The ones I have from IMPD list RL's birthdate as 10/16/1998, which would make him 20.

ETA: Nevermind, I see what you're talking about. In the Inmate Lookup Tool, it lists 10/16/1992. Weird! I feel like that had to be a data entry error when they committed him the first time.

Also ETA: Welcome to WS!

Yeah I thought he was 26 all this time, too.

I'm from the UK so not sure if this would happen in the US.

But releasing him makes me think LE wanted him back on the streets.

Is it possible that the statement that they don't know where he is could be a huge bluff and they have him under surveillance hoping he will lead them to Amiah?

I don't believe they would lose track of him.

Last edited:
Wait, are we sure the charges against RL were dropped? All I see is that he's been released and there is no current information on court hearings. To me that doesn't mean the charges are dropped.

Can someone clarify and link to where it's said RL's charges have been dropped? Right now I don't believe that's the case. Thanks!
Inmate Lookup Tool
Also, note carefully the address where RL's car was towed from. I can't say more but Google is your friend. And please no discussion.
https://www.autoreturn.com/indianapolis-in/find-vehicle/details?vehicle=3037547

Wait, are we sure the charges against RL were dropped? All I see is that he's been released and there is no current information on court hearings. To me that doesn't mean the charges are dropped.

Can someone clarify and link to where it's said RL's charges have been dropped? Right now I don't believe that's the case. Thanks!
Inmate Lookup Tool
Also, note carefully the address where RL's car was towed from. I can't say more but Google is your friend. And please no discussion.
https://www.autoreturn.com/indianapolis-in/find-vehicle/details?vehicle=3037547

I don't believe there was any official statement one way or the other about the charges. He was released and no other information was listed for court dates, so a guess was that perhaps charges were dropped, or that AR decided not to press charges.

I was actually thinking how the Indiana MSM outlets are probably pretty well practiced by now after Abby’s and Libby’s very high profile case. I’ve probably posted hundreds of articles from the main sources quoted here. I think the Silver Alert was crucial in bringing Amiah’s case to the public eye. Hopefully, Johnny, coverage in your area is improving.

Which reminds me we still need to sort out this river business as you mentioned.

Question for LE:

There have been many news articles which have mentioned both Eagle Creek and the White River. Could you please clarify if both of these waters have been searched, or not, and to what extent?

Wait that reminds me I need to bring @Kadoober ‘s transcript forward, standby, I’m specially looking for a quote which used the word “expanded”—

ETA:

From @Kadoober ‘s awesome transcript (thank you!):

“On the 20th we got a tip, uh, that at McCarty and White River uh, there were some child belongings that may or may not have belonged to Amiah. We went out there, did a search, we enlisted the help - there were some items real close to the water, we enlisted the help of IFD and we collected some items from there, and we’ll let Detective Burkhardt kind of talk about what that did or didn’t do in this investigation.”

(2:49) “Um, the 21st? We expanded that search a little bit, went a little bit down stream, there was no additional information but it was just uh, to be thorough. On the 22nd there were a group of community members, unsolicited from us, that also went out and helped.“
I agree with your LE questions, thanks for the transcript! The conflicting info in this case is maddening.

Regarding news coverage here, not everyone gets their news online or through twitter, etc. I can say tonight there are 2 of the 3 local stations airing news (1 delayed by basketball) and Amiah has not been mentioned 10 mins in. This is not a lead story here today unfortunately.

Edited to correct spelling... as per usual ;)

Last edited:
So one thing I’d like to know is if LE believes the items found belonging to Amiah are a red herring or not as far as significance re: Amiah’s whereabouts.

(This could be related to quote re: “excluded”, I know I keep talking about it, grr can’t find it now.)

I agree with your LE questions, thanks for the transcript! The conflicting info in this case is maddening.

Regarding news coverage here, not everyone gets their news online or through twitter, etc. I can say tonight there are 2 of the 3 local stations airing news (1 delayed by basketball) and Amiah has not been mentioned 10 mins in. This is not a lead story here today unfortunately.

Edited to correct spelling... as per usual ;)

@Kadoober deserves all the credit for the transcript!! (I just told her how pretty she looked :) )

—-

I really honestly believe at this moment we can collectively perhaps figure out/find where she is, moo.

Time is of essence.

Jumping off “haughlin” (going back for name)..what’s there?

Last edited:
So one thing I’d like to know is if LE believes the items found belonging to Amiah are a red herring or not as far as significance re: Amiah’s whereabouts.

(This could be related to quote re: “excluded”, I know I keep talking about it, grr can’t find it now.)

@Kadoober deserves all the credit for the transcript!! (I just told her how pretty she looked :) )

—-

I really honestly believe at this moment we can collectively perhaps figure out/find where she is, moo.

Time is of essence.

Jumping off “haughlin” (going back for name)..what’s there?

Haughville? This gives interesting insight into what the area is like: 'Today the city of Indianapolis is a safer city than it was': Haughville drug ring busted

Haughville? This gives interesting insight into what the area is like: 'Today the city of Indianapolis is a safer city than it was': Haughville drug ring busted

Well done :). Drug location. I’ll bite...

—-

What about the geography, terrain...

5 miles north...hmmmm...We’ve seen familial baby homicides to be close by. See thread 1 re: baby king,

Worth checking out possibly.

Jmo brainstorming speculation. There is nothing to indicate Amiah is there, it was just noted from his SM from a post downstream that he is ware of the area, of course he would be, it’s only 5 miles north lol.

Post for reference re: building awareness space points:
Regarding his Facebook and locations, he posted a photo of what looks like a welcome sign for an area, Haughville, in October of 2017. It's currently his Facebook cover photo. Searching Haughville, it looks like a neighborhood of Indianapolis. I'm not a local, so I'm not sure if this is an area that has been already mentioned, or if it's a different area of town. Interesting comment on the photo post, too.

(Again the things that keep you up at night.)

Let’s help find this baby. This guy looks like a dumbass, moo and surely we are more intelligent than he is (and experienced). If we can try to think at his level (I know it’s hard), and use any possible clues left via SM, this could actually be the case we could solve. I’m not kidding.

We need a case map with map points.

(@otto , @hollye , @Forager , any of you guys around by any chance?)

Data points:

In progress

Of course an external link is great and appreciated, but an imbedded screenshot as a jpg with labeled points. What software does the DM use lol, for example:
In progress
I want to learn how to do this:

(Example, BBC Map)
https://news.bbcimg.co.uk/news/special/2017/newsspec_16792/img/wider_london_bridge_attack_976_v5.jpg
—-

Can someone please alert TES to Amiah’s case via SM? Tia.

Last edited:
So one thing I’d like to know is if LE believes the items found belonging to Amiah are a red herring or not as far as disposal location.

(This could be realted to quote re: “excluded”, I know I keep talking about it, grr can’t find it now.)

@Kadoober deserves all the credit for the transcript!! (I just told her how pretty she looked )
You know, I just don't know. It's so frustrating. The city has a lot of crime. Been ranked in the top 10 in 2018 if I recall correctly. The police are dealing with a lot.

That said, my confidence in LE here is not high. I don't like saying that but it's true. An example: I live in an affluent area a few blocks from downtown. I am NOT affluent... lol! I gave it all up to go back to school, color me crazy, and happened somehow to find a very affordable place in a great neighborhood.

It's a very quiet building. Someone new moved in a couple weeks ago and there is non stop traffic and the smell of a certain drug 24/7. They came in to arrest someone (I want to stress police activity is not a thing here) the other night because a woman with kids was over it and called police. They got someone on a warrant I guess. They've been here about 7 times in the last 2 weeks.

Long post sorry. But the officer actually said to the resident, "I don't care if you're smoking weed because it's going to be legal anyway."Exact words. "But just keep it down."

?!? I mean the rest of us care about the traffic, insanity, and the smell.... my kittens are costing me a fortune from the second hand case of the munchies lol! ;) But LE chalked it up as just don't raise enough alarm to get us involved.

I have to wonder if alarms in this case were ignored or discarded as well.

In all seriousness my point is the lackadaisical attitude and perhaps just over it all attitude of LE here surrounding the drug culture and epidemic that has erupted here. Which I think has definitely contributed to this case. (Drug culture) I hope that makes sense.
jmo

ETA thank you @Kadoober :)

Last edited:

—-

5 miles north...hmmmm...We’ve seen familial baby homicides to be close by. See thread 1 re: baby king,

Jmo brainstorming speculation. There is nothing to indicate Amiah is there, it was just noted from his SM from a post downstream that he is ware of the area, of course he would be, it’s only 5 miles north lol.

Let’s help find this baby. This guy looks look a dumbass, moo. If we can try to think at his level (I know it’s hard), and use any possible clues left via SM, this could actually be the case we could solve. I’m not kidding.
Haughville is horrible. Just horrible. But it is a distance from Holmes and separated by main roads like Michigan and New York.

I just have a sinking feeling they are going to find Amiah near the White River or in one of the abandoned houses or uncollected dumpsters as a result of the decline of the area. I may be wrong it's just my gut. There are only so many places she could have been left, and this doesn't seem to be a well thought out crime.

I have to make it a goal this week to make it over to the area to give perspective here.

—-

Post for reference re: building awareness space points:

Let’s help find this baby. This guy looks like a dumbass, moo and surely we are more intelligent than he is (and experienced). If we can try to think at his level (I know it’s hard), and use any possible clues left via SM, this could actually be the case we could solve. I’m not kidding.

We need a case map with map points.

(@otto , @hollye , @Forager , any of you guys around by any chance?)

Data points:

In progress

Of course an external link is great and appreciated, but an imbedded screenshot as a jpg with labeled points. What software does the DM use lol, for example:
In progress
Regarding the geography and terrain, this area and all of the areas being discussed are urban. This is in the city, and there are no woods, etc around. The White River has clear banks with a view of downtown that people swarm to watch 4th of July fireworks from. Thes are all city and urban areas within 1-3 miles from the downtown center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood