Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we actually expecting any real, previously unreleased information today? I wouldn't have thought so.

I think this also.

I don't think there will be much to learn from today's inquest at all.

I thought at most we’d get ‘unlawful killing’.
I guess they may not even state this though.
Just, opened and adjourned and whatever other wording.

If it’s opened and adjourned pending enquiries/investigations.
Will the family have to wait until after the investigation for closure with regards to the cornoner?

I thought at most we’d get ‘unlawful killing’.
I guess they may not even state this though.
Just, opened and adjourned and whatever other wording.

If it’s opened and adjourned pending enquiries/investigations.
Will the family have to wait until after the investigation for closure with regards to the cornoner?

The coroner can register an interim death certificate today to allow the death to be registered/banks etc to be dealt with. Theoretically, this can allow funeral arrangements to start being made but only if the body if formally released. Obviously, if someone is charged in connection with Libby’s death, their defence may wish a second post mortem to be done so release may be delayed

13:13
Police: 'Now been declared a homicide investigation'
Det Supt Smalley says Libby’s death is now a homicide investigation.

“It’s now been declared a homicide investigation and this investigation is ongoing,” he said.

He said pathological and forensic evidence is still ongoing so Libby’s body can’t be released for funeral purposes yet to the family.

Libby Squire inquest opens after Hull student's body found - updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member