Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely random point but I have so much admiration for the pathologists working in the conditions they do. I know it probably becomes second nature in a way, but I would guess the majority of bodies coming through their door surely are total strangers with no foul play involved and won't have come their attention so long before arrival? Libby has been in the news for so long now she's become like family. Doubtless they've seen the same pics and videos we have. To then be confronted with a body so deteriorated that you know belonged that smiling, beautiful bubbly girl we've been looking at for weeks on end, who lived, laughed and loved among us until quite recently, must be awful.

I wouldn't have what it takes on a purely emotional level. Would absolutely crush me.

"Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley, leading the investigation into Libby's disappearance, was also called to give evidence.

He confirmed police arrested Pawel Relowicz, 24, over Libby’s disappearance.

“Pawel Relowicz was questioned and then released under that investigation, but [we] identified further offences,” he said
."

All the key details as Libby Squire inquest opens in Hull

Is this the first time LE have officially named PR?

Yes it is, in respect of Libby. They didn't name him when he was arrested the first time on suspicion of abduction.

And since it has now officially been declared a homicide investigation I'm expecting PR to get re-arrested / charged.

Last edited:
"Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley, leading the investigation into Libby's disappearance, was also called to give evidence.

“Pawel Relowicz was questioned and then released under that investigation, but [we] identified further offences,” he said
."

It definitely is the first time they've officially named him!

."

Directly in connection with regard to Libby, I think so. He has been named in connection to the unrelated offences but mainly referred to as “a 24 year old man” remains under investigation

I absolutely agree with this way of thinking. This wasn't chance. I'm not saying he had stalked her for any length of time, but he had seen her before parking on Haworth - either on or near the bench itself, or prior to this in the Beresford Avenue area. To my mind, the fact that he had turned the car around and was in a position to leave the street quickly points to intent.

And it’s a massive 10 minute chunk from when it was said he parked to when we first see him returning to his car.
At the start of the footage he looks as if he is walking back from somewhere and he's unlocking his car. Doesn't seem to have anything like a takeaway with him. It looks like a security light goes out. Is that my imagination?

Would anything at all be open near there? My guess would be if any shops were open he wouldn't have risked anything.

What we actually see starts after the time we are told grey Beard was there, at just after midnight. Yet ITV say the car was parked for 20 minutes in total, we see ten minutess. So he will possibly have parked almost the same time as grey Beard is helping Libby.

So would that put her closer to the bench if he's decided to park in Haworth because he's seen her stumbling?

A bike goes past and another car leaves. The bike he couldn't predict but the car?

I'd hazard a guess he'd have chosen to park where it was if he'd had the choice. So could he be waiting for that to go? Is it the sort of place he'd have assumed that car was parked up for the night or was he waiting for it to leave.

Where could that cars owner have been? Could that car be grey Beard?

ITV mentioned the cyclist but not the car. I wonder if the car driver has already come forward.

That CCTV raises far more questions than it answers.

Does the wording of that mean that he's no longer a POI?

No, purely factual as to the status of the investigation into the why,where and how Libby died.

An inquest is to confirm who died, where, why and how; the police just stating that they are trying to determine that via a criminal investigation which is ongoing

At the start of the footage he looks as if he is walking back from somewhere and he's unlocking his car. Doesn't seem to have anything like a takeaway with him. It looks like a security light goes out. Is that my imagination?

Would anything at all be open near there? My guess would be if any shops were open he wouldn't have risked anything.

What we actually see starts after the time we are told grey Beard was there, at just after midnight. Yet ITV say the car was parked for 20 minutes in total, we see ten minutess. So he will possibly have parked almost the same time as grey Beard is helping Libby.

So would that put her closer to the bench if he's decided to park in Haworth because he's seen her stumbling?

A bike goes past and another car leaves. The bike he couldn't predict but the car?

I'd hazard a guess he'd have chosen to park where it was if he'd had the choice. So could he be waiting for that to go? Is it the sort of place he'd have assumed that car was parked up for the night or was he waiting for it to leave.

Where could that cars owner have been? Could that car be grey Beard?

ITV mentioned the cyclist but not the car. I wonder if the car driver has already come forward.

That CCTV raises far more questions than it answers.

Having looked on Google Maps (so relying on times on there which may not be accurate), 1) Sainsburys Local across the road and to the right as you’re looking out of Haworth is open until midnight 2) the Haworth pub is open until midnight and is a few meters to the right out of Haworth 3) Yankee chicken across the road from Haworth is open until 1am and 4) albeit 2-3 minutes walk, out of Haworth and right there’s a Dominos open until 5am.

Completely random point but I have so much admiration for the pathologists working in the conditions they do. I know it probably becomes second nature in a way, but I would guess the majority of bodies coming through their door surely are total strangers with no foul play involved and won't have come their attention so long before arrival? Libby has been in the news for so long now she's become like family. Doubtless they've seen the same pics and videos we have. To then be confronted with a body so deteriorated that you know belonged that smiling, beautiful bubbly girl we've been looking at for weeks on end, who lived, laughed and loved among us until quite recently, must be awful.

I wouldn't have what it takes on a purely emotional level. Would absolutely crush me.
I have a pathologist friend. It takes a certain kind of person to be one - they see the most grim and heartbreaking cases. They have a certain switch off mechanism ingrained into them. I have great admiration for them and all they are able to do.

Having looked on Google Maps (so relying on times on there which may not be accurate), 1) Sainsburys Local across the road and to the right as you’re looking out of Haworth is open until midnight 2) the Haworth pub is open until midnight and is a few meters to the right out of Haworth 3) Yankee chicken across the road from Haworth is open until 1am and 4) albeit 2-3 minutes walk, out of Haworth and right there’s a Dominos open until 5am.
He took some risks then. I recall early on before grey Beard came forward LE were saying a man with a grey Beard had been seen. If grey Beard was seen it's possibly PR was as well. Could explain how quickly they were onto him

He took some risks then. I recall early on before grey Beard came forward LE were saying a man with a grey Beard had been seen. If grey Beard was seen it's possibly PR was as well. Could explain how quickly they were onto him
GB was noticed because he stopped his car, got out and assisted Libby, which would have been more noticeable than someone approaching her on foot. Especially if she was falling/lying in the road, as some have hinted.
But I agree, there may well be a witness who spotted him.

GB was noticed because he stopped his car, got out and assisted Libby, which would have been more noticeable than someone approaching her on foot. Especially if she was falling/lying in the road, as some have hinted.
But I agree, there may well be a witness who spotted him.
I wondered whether the cyclist who goes past PR's car was using some kind of body camera which might have been used to further identify PR or his car registration (assuming that the cyclist came forward to the police of course)

I have a pathologist friend. It takes a certain kind of person to be one - they see the most grim and heartbreaking cases. They have a certain switch off mechanism ingrained into them. I have great admiration for them and all they are able to do.

I’m not sure it’s a switching off, I think they are absolutely of the mindset that once people die, they (the pathologist) are in a privileged position to provide answers for those left behind when there is little else most can do

Me and my mate(who lives 300 yards from Libby's bench) Went to Hessle Foreshore this morning.

He's interested in Fossilling, beach combing, and mudlarking.

We had a lovely quiet pint of Staropramen in view of the Humber.

It felt really strange and eerie.

We also saw the RNLI on the water.

Me and my mate(who lives 300 yards from Libby's bench) Went to Hessle Foreshore this morning.

He's interested in Fossilling, beach combing, and mudlarking.

We had a lovely quiet pint of Staropramen in view of the Humber.

It felt really strange and eerie.

We also saw the RNLI on the water.

Hessle Country Park is such a beautiful place when the sun is out. I can imagine how eerie it feels there now.

Further media appeal re the Croda CCTV footage

The key CCTV footage which could hold clues to Libby's homicide

Out of the gloom in the early hours of a bitterly cold morning, a man is seen running before dropping to a fast walk.

Later a cyclist can be seen riding along and then retuning the same way some 10 minutes later. An hour later two people can be seen ambling past.

Who are these people and what were they doing cutting through a lonely north Hull path on a freezing night as snow and ice lay on the ground?

This is the first time I have seen the 4 individuals referred to as “men”. Have a missed something or is this just sloppy reporting? As far as I aware, police have not referenced gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288