Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely agree with this way of thinking. This wasn't chance. I'm not saying he had stalked her for any length of time, but he had seen her before parking on Haworth - either on or near the bench itself, or prior to this in the Beresford Avenue area. To my mind, the fact that he had turned the car around and was in a position to leave the street quickly points to intent.

Is there a picture or diagram of just the street, where PR was parked, where the bench would be, bus stop, etc? Just trying to figure out for myself what direction they were coming from before getting in the car. TIA

He took some risks then. I recall early on before grey Beard came forward LE were saying a man with a grey Beard had been seen. If grey Beard was seen it's possibly PR was as well. Could explain how quickly they were onto him

He did take some risks as I would guess being a main road at midnight on a Thursday there’d have been cars back and forth. Maybe not many pedestrians though given the -5 conditions. However, I guess if anyone would have seen PR and LS going to his car, as they were similar in age passers by may not have thought twice.

I echo what @Vermont24 said earlier about feeling sad that Libby hadn’t turned left instead of right out of Beresford and may have been spotted by a bouncer or patron of the Haworth

You mean...like a map? Google maps?

I will look at google. I was just thinking of where he was parked and the direction, where the bench is sort of thing. Is the bench on the other side of the street from where he parked. I have been trying to figure this out in my mind almost since the beginning, not sure why it has taking me so long to ask.

I will look at google. I was just thinking of where he was parked and the direction, where the bench is sort of thing. Is the bench on the other side of the street from where he parked. I have been trying to figure this out in my mind almost since the beginning, not sure why it has taking me so long to ask.

Google Maps

The bench is to the right of this view. Continue over the bollards, which streetview allows, and you'll find yourself on Haworth Street with the blue gates and location of spidercam to your right.

This is the first time I have seen the 4 individuals referred to as “men”. Have a missed something or is this just sloppy reporting? As far as I aware, police have not referenced gender?
I think you're right - there had been speculation here about whether one could have been Libby.

Is this also the first time that reasons they may not have come forward had been given? It's been discussed here but I'm sure this is the first time in MSM. Including being involved

Google Maps

The bench is to the right of this view. Continue over the bollards, which streetview allows, and you'll find yourself on Haworth Street with the blue gates and location of spidercam to your right.

Gotcha, this finally makes all the sense in the world. I always thought the bench was on Haworth and could never find one. Not I see why they were coming from the direction they were coming from. I should have asked this a long time ago!! Thank you!!

I had a go at my own sketchmap for those not familiar with the area. It is not a masterpiece of cartography but it might help someone who is unfamiliar. Don't bother to castigate me, I failed CSE art in 1971 and I know my limitations...

You need to speak kindly to our brilliant sketch map expert!

Google Maps

Now that @Vermont24 has straightened me out (thanks again) I have to believe PR saw LS before parking on Haworth and spent his entire time there figuring out how to get her in his car. MOO.

He did take some risks as I would guess being a main road at midnight on a Thursday there’d have been cars back and forth. Maybe not many pedestrians though given the -5 conditions. However, I guess if anyone would have seen PR and LS going to his car, as they were similar in age passers by may not have thought twice.

I echo what @Vermont24 said earlier about feeling sad that Libby hadn’t turned left instead of right out of Beresford and may have been spotted by a bouncer or patron of the Haworth
My daughter always said she would have headed for the University library - warm, well lit and open 24 hours. However looking at it now the quickest route would have been down Haworth road. Straight past PR.

So many missed opportunities to help her. So, so sad.

In her evidence, Catherine Land has said: “I have compared friction ridge finger prints and impressions of Liberty Anna Squire and have no doubt that the body is her.”

This to me sounds like they simply compared them to fingerprints taken from her room and belongings.

Without sounding too gruesome or macabre, would that suggest a level of preservation? If they were able to get fingerprints from her skin?

It is a bit gruesome but last week I had a search online and found various pathology lectures. Fingerprints can still be taken even if the skin has separated from the hands, ( Like a glove) as it does after weeks in the water. The Pathologist can use the skin only to get fingerprints.
Apart from that fact, how well preserved a body would be over-all in cold flowing sea water seems to have quite a lot of variables.

If you fall behind on these threads it will take you 2 days to catch up, so i have learned.

Interesting chat again about "spidercam" which led me to go back and re-watch.

I have seen lots of differnet things in that footage and im sure someone (many threads ago) mentioned they thought the placing of an object into the car, could actually be a first attempt to get someone into the car. Im pretty certain now i agree with this.
It looks as though someone is manouvered towards the car and makes an attempt to move away again, there is some movement almost behind the back door that i mentioned a few days ago (remember sliver/slither) and then person actually gets in. I dont think Libby voluntarily entered his car. I also dont think 90 seconds (he was out of shot) is long enough to walk to the bench, have any level of persuasive conversation (with a drunk person, in a foreign language) and walk back to the car. I dont think a conversation took place at all.

Gotcha, this finally makes all the sense in the world. I always thought the bench was on Haworth and could never find one. Not I see why they were coming from the direction they were coming from. I should have asked this a long time ago!! Thank you!!

You're welcome. Compared to cities in the US, British cities can be odd to navigate - no grid pattern or uniform layout etc.

Google Maps

I have also seen a view someone took from road

Attachments

• 0E905BEA-A13E-4150-BE90-493FD8B9BC64.jpeg
    0E905BEA-A13E-4150-BE90-493FD8B9BC64.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors