Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fall behind on these threads it will take you 2 days to catch up, so i have learned.

Interesting chat again about "spidercam" which led me to go back and re-watch.

I have seen lots of differnet things in that footage and im sure someone (many threads ago) mentioned they thought the placing of an object into the car, could actually be a first attempt to get someone into the car. Im pretty certain now i agree with this.
It looks as though someone is manouvered towards the car and makes an attempt to move away again, there is some movement almost behind the back door that i mentioned a few days ago (remember sliver/slither) and then person actually gets in. I dont think Libby voluntarily entered his car. I also dont think 90 seconds (he was out of shot) is long enough to walk to the bench, have any level of persuasive conversation (with a drunk person, in a foreign language) and walk back to the car. I dont think a conversation took place at all.

Yep totally agree. All I’ve ever seen is someone stepping back (ie not wanting to go into the car) and then forward again (into the car). I never saw an object, always a persons legs.

IMO, I think the first time we see him walking towards the car, clicking his keys to unlock the car and then sitting in the driver door facing out he is returning from already been near Libby, either assessing the situation, talking to her, etc, and then he returned to his car to contemplate his plan.

Maps are like buses , you ask for one and you get 3.
Map from the entrance to Beresford Road facing the bench.

This is a great visual. I am writing down the post number in the event I need to review or is someone else asked for a visual. I see now that LS would have had to cross over Beverly to get to the bench.

Apropos a discussion at the back end of the previous thread, number 13, now closed, I scrolled back trying to find the post where someone had mentioned an unverified sighting of a body off The Deep, at the confluence of the River Hull and the Humber Estuary, and I am afraid I still can't find it. If I've unwittingly caused confusion, I apologise, but I am dang rootin tootin certain I saw a post to that effect.

I wasn't aware till I read a subsequent post that there had also been searches as far as ten miles to the west (upstream) in the Estuary, encompassing Ferriby Foreshore, Welton Waters and Brough Haven. None of those locations is particularly good for the disposal of anything into the Humber, though as I said before, anything which gets into the estuary could be carried for miles back and forth by the tides before eventually finding deeper water and the way out... Brough Haven, which I do know very well, is very "public" and the River Humber isn't really accessible there unless you went down the little road to the Humber Yawl Club where the jetty is, where the yachts are moored but even then that's little more than a muddy creek except at high tide. And there's probably security.

Having read most of the postings now about the rivers in general, I'm reluctantly being converted and coming to a conclusion which is diametrically opposed to my initial gut feeling. Maybe somehow LS did make it all the way down the River Hull to the confluence, and thence into the Humber, without being spotted once in the River Hull, even though it turns out the police were using drone searches and the helicopter... despite the bends and the mudbanks, and the fact that the River Hull is crossed by several bridges where anyone could have leaned over and seen her. Maybe the simple explanation is really what happened. Assuming of course that the police and media are focusing on the right suspect, and that there isn't someone else out there...

Am I the only one who can't make out anything from 'spider cam'?

No, you aren't. I don't think anything there - that has been released to public at least - can be definitely confirmed as to who people are. You can guess, yes, but IMO, don't see anything to form a judgement on.

It may be Libby had already left the bench and had entered Haworth if she thought of making her way to uni. She may have bumped into him.
On another note, probably a stupid question. Why do you think it's a potential homicide investigation, am assuming injuries. They must be sure those injuries did not take place after she entered the water during the journey to where she was found.
I can't believe I'm talking about her as past tense.

It may be Libby had already left the bench and had entered Haworth if she thought of making her way to uni. She may have bumped into him.
On another note, probably a stupid question. Why do you think it's a potential homicide investigation,
ssuming injuries. They must be sure those injuries did not take place after she entered the water during the journey to where she was found.
I can't believe I'm talking about her as past tense.

It looks like to me someone is putting a pair of boots (wellies) in the foot well of the car in the spidercam cctv.

The coroner can register an interim death certificate today to allow the death to be registered/banks etc to be dealt with. Theoretically, this can allow funeral arrangements to start being made but only if the body if formally released. Obviously, if someone is charged in connection with Libby’s death, their defence may wish a second post mortem to be done so release may be delayed

No you can't register the death with an interim death certificate. What they'll get today or tomorrow probably is a "Fact Of Death" certificate saying that investigations in to the cause of death are continuing, from a coroner's assistant. That suffices for Probate if you want to start that and to arrange the funeral once they release the body but you've to wait for the full death certificate before you can register the death. They'd need the Coroner's permission for cremation too. That's what happened when our daughter died anyway. We brought wife's sister and niece here from Philippines too to comfort us and the British Embassy in Manila needed the FOD certificate when we applied for their visas. Coroner's staff are very good and help you and advise you a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member