GUILTY NY - Michael Avenatti arrested for extortion of millions of dollars from Nike, 2019

Allred was likely advocating aggressively as a representative of her client. She was working on her client's behalf. Sounds like Avenatti was aggressive for his own benefit.

It is ugly all around.

Jmo

I guess the key is to frame it as a legitimate cause of action, and then negotiate it as a settlement with a confidentiality clause.

I recall Letterman’s mistress getting arrested. A good lawyer may have got her a payday.

I would think between Avenati's failure to file or pay taxes for 3 years and the college entry-fake $25 million charity scam involving something like 70 people the IRS wouldn't be interested in my silly little taxes as I'm desperately trying to find my Costco receipts for $100 worth of Rx meds from 2018.

I guess the key is to frame it as a legitimate cause of action, and then negotiate it as a settlement with a confidentiality clause.

I recall Letterman’s mistress getting arrested. A good lawyer may have got her a payday.
Well, Avenatti might have had a legit claim his client was alleging. We don't know. But Avenatti went beyond that and was demanding money for himself. I am not a lawyer but I think that is the key point. Jmo

I would think between Avenati's failure to file or pay taxes for 3 years and the college entry-fake $25 million charity scam involving something like 70 people the IRS wouldn't be interested in my silly little taxes as I'm desperately trying to find my Costco receipts for $100 worth of Rx meds from 2018.

What I have learned from the recent big criminal convictions is if you are going to do a crime, go for the big bucks. You get a fairly low sentence in reltionship to the dollar amount.

At least recently, Geragos acted for Colin Kaepernick. I’m not sure if he is still retained as that action settled.

Kaepernick is a high profile Nike endorser.

It may not be a strict conflict of interest but it’s unusual.

he has always gotten on my one last nerve---i think he craves attention-- for a while MSNBC had him on every night, when he represented Stormy Daniels--i changed the channel-
cant stand him

I just looked over his twitter account after reading the full complaint. I think he needs to go to the psych ward after prison. Something is really wrong with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back