IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they are not saying new evidence has come to light to exonerate him or that he took a plea deal for something lesser, but are just randomly dropping all those charges brought. How can that be?

So, they are not saying new evidence has come to light to exonerate him or that he took a plea deal for something lesser, but are just randomly dropping all those charges brought. How can that be?

Because of "past" community service he's done and he agreed to let them keep the 10K bond?? WTF??? How is this remotely legal??

Because of "past" community service he's done and he agreed to let them keep the 10K bond?? WTF??? How is this remotely legal??

It doesn't sound legally legit to me. Charges were already brought with no resolution (?) and keeping his bond and taking past community service into consideration seems like an option that would be afforded by a judge's final decision/sign off after a plea deal- but some guilt would have to be admitted to in order to keep the money ????

Yeah, I don't get it. Did he orchestrate the attack or not??

The thing is, most of here on WS know that the media can get things wrong. We see mistakes in reporting on almost every case we follow, and we prefer primary sources like quotes, documents, etc. in our discussions and in forming our opinions.

In this case, we had primary sources! We had his account of the crime that didn't make sense, we had his strange TV interview, we had video (or lack of video) of the crime scene and surrounding area, etc. We even had weather reports that worked against his story! There was plenty of stuff that made him look like a hoaxer.

So...now he isn't one? What did we miss?

jmo

Yeah, I don't get it. Did he orchestrate the attack or not??

The thing is, most of here on WS know that the media can get things wrong. We see mistakes in reporting on almost every case we follow, and we prefer primary sources like quotes, documents, etc. in our discussions and in forming our opinions.

In this case, we had primary sources! We had his account of the crime that didn't make sense, we had his strange TV interview, we had video (or lack of video) of the crime scene and surrounding area, etc. We even had weather reports that worked against his story! There was plenty of stuff that made him look like a hoaxer.

So...now he isn't one? What did we miss?

jmo
These are all excellent points. I am also confused about the letter. It was given to the FBI and then crickets. So,did the letter provide evidence in some way that proved this wasn't a hoax? Did the police drop all the charges or did a judge decide to do so? I am very confused.

It doesn't sound legally legit to me. Charges were already brought with no resolution (?) and keeping his bond and taking past community service into consideration seems like an option that would be afforded by a judge's final decision/sign off after a plea deal- but some guilt would have to be admitted to in order to keep the money ????

Don't they get it that "Community Service" for an actor is synopsis for "tax write off"? A valuation $ amount is placed on time spent (the same as on air time) and used to reduce taxable income. Not to mention "Good Will" for media and maintaining "relevance". Prior to this debacle had you asked me who Jessup Smollett was I couldn't tell you. I suppose it's true that negative press is better than no press at all.

JMO

Prosecutors said after reviewing all the FACTS and circumstances
Early on even the Superintendent said he didn't know where some information (tweets) were coming from but it wasn't coming from anyone known to them.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member