Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put out a description of the grey-bearded man's car, so maybe they didn't have an angle on cctv to get his registration plate and couldn't follow where he went after by any other means. If PR was seen on cctv near the bench, they might have seen him go towards Haworth and asked for cctv in that street and he was easier to track.
I have a suspicion that the incident with Greybeard was reported by a witness, rather than being caught on camera.

I dont agree, because his double life shows....he is cunning, deceptive, manipulative, researches his crimes (breaking into empty homes of young women) and follows an aspiration to maximise his sadistic sexual urges. I think he aspired to be a very dark persona....but his sadistic urge was too impulsive on the night in question, not considering CCTV etc and a backup plan. If he was a silly boy, he'd likely of crumbled at the first round of questioning.

I think Libby and PR entered the park.

But he was seen by CCTV leaving without Libby.

I still don't think she entered the water at Oak Road Playing Fields.

But I've followed the river Hull from Oak Road to the Humber on Google Maps and can't work out where he could of dispose of the body.

There are many derelict buildings in that park. Is it not possible that PR hid a body in buildings or undergrowth and returned at a later time maybe after 3am or the next morning and moved the body. Criminals often return to the scene of a crime.

I never thinks it's a good thing when police stop looking at cctv at a given time. I thought this in Corrie mckeague case too. I understand they can't watch footage going on for weeks and weeks but for a couple of days later I hope they do continue to check to see if he returned either in his car, bike or on foot

Why did she get in his car then? He must have agreed to take her somewhere and she accepted the offer;
a) Home....and she said yes as she was so drunk she forgot she had no keys
b) To find her friends ( they went the wrong way quite quickly but it’s possible she couldn’t stop him )
c) To go somewhere elsewhere , somewhere where they would not be visible for.... well why do people go out of the public view ? Drugs or Sex.

After those 3 options I can think of no other reason why she would agree to get in his car..... unless anyone else can think of any?

He potentially might have offered to take her back to the club to meet her friends (assuming she told him where she had been and she had no key), a big ploy to get her in the car then he’s locked her in and she’s fallen asleep unaware of where she’s ended up I.e. at the park

But I am 99.9% certain I seen the actual letter. There is a chance I didn’t see it in MSN so that’s maybe why I didn’t mention it, but I can picture it and I am not confusing it with the other letter just asking for any unusual activity reports, it was an actual questionnaire. I know I seen it.

I thought I had too. But I can’t be sure it wasn’t the other letter. Which questions do you think were on there that you’re now struggling to find reference to?

There are many derelict buildings in that park. Is it not possible that PR hid a body in buildings or undergrowth and returned at a later time maybe after 3am or the next morning and moved the body. Criminals often return to the scene of a crime.

I never thinks it's a good thing when police stop looking at cctv at a given time. I thought this in Corrie mckeague case too. I understand they can't watch footage going on for weeks and weeks but for a couple of days later I hope they do continue to check to see if he returned either in his car, bike or on foot

I think they were on to him fast and possibly even had him under surveillance prior to arrest.

And sorry to keep drilling the point but they were searching houses on Haworth St Friday afternoon/evening. Saturday the park searches started

Do I remember correctly you posting that your daughter lives on Haworth Road Mommysleuth11? I do recall a poster mentioning the street searches.

I agree. Whoever it is devious, clever and has got to the level where this had to be the next step. I always warn my daughter to be careful - which she kind of shrugs off 'cos she knows it all. I tell her that ordninary lads don't just become rapists or killers one night - there are deviants out there just waiting/looking for the opportunity to sideline someone from the herd and take them. This guy isn't stupid.

Def agree, this is my experience too. Most employers prefer people to opt out too. We ask a lot of workers these days. An employer won't consider the commute time either, duty of care doesn't normally extend that far.

HSE guidelines cover duty of care on a commute as it's not just workers that are at risk, but members of the public also. I worked in a job that was an exception to this, but we still had to look at people getting home safely after a 12-hour shift, especially as we did day and night shifts over a 4 or 5 day period.

Just thinking re the dogs - someone asked ages ago about how soon after death will the smell become apparent, so that the dog starts detecting it?? I’m thinking that if she was killed in the park, say in the bench area, then dragged or carried and placed somewhere before being put in the river - then the dog would have detected the smell?
It's not certain how long after death a cadaver dog can detect the odour, some reports say 90 mins, others say much sooner. My view is that she could have been unconscious in his boot whilst being transported to water (where he may/may not have killed her before putting her into it). It's so, so sad to think about I know.

I regularly buy flowers from supermarkets and have never had any with a bag of water. They do usually come with a sachet of flower feed, but that's all. In any case, a little bag of water would only be intended to keep them going until they reach their destination - not for permanent display!
I still say leaving the paper on is ugly and pointless, and I'm pleased to see that the bench flowers are shortly to be removed and turned into pot pourri.

As an aside, a tragic event in a town near me was marked by people tying coloured ribbons to trees and lamp posts around the town. Somebody started it, and it caught on. It was rather lovely, and lasted much longer than flowers.
I understand your aversion to the wrappings, I really do.

But I am 99.9% certain I seen the actual letter. There is a chance I didn’t see it in MSN so that’s maybe why I didn’t mention it, but I can picture it and I am not confusing it with the other letter just asking for any unusual activity reports, it was an actual questionnaire. I know I seen it.

Was this the letter the neighbours all got? I definitely saw it too, think I only joined in thread 5 or 6

This is the one factor that ever made me link the park, that witness statement. The thing that pulls me away, is I never considered it a location he would choose, I presumed he'd go further afield and away from any potential witnesses on a Friday night. I presumed it more likely in his car down a back end street, off the beaten track. Then to a place, he could remove the evidence.

Random mention - The phone ping, I wondered if it could have been before he saw Libby
From what other people have written on social media - nobody would choose to go to that park/playing fields at night. It would have been very secluded.

The cadaver dogs would have alerted to any spot a body had been.
Once Libby had been reported missing there would be a police activity in the area.

I suspect PR might have taken his dog or children for a walk near the river over the weekend.

I actually watched this rumour unfold in real time on FB. One post, and away it went until LE had to issue clarification.

I dont think i ever saw the clarification of the confusion. Unless you mean this i posted earlier? Its in direct contrast to what stelehart posted and im not sure i ever saw an explanation as to the denial and confirmation.

Redirect Notice

I felt a pang of sickness reading what I just have. Insinuating excessive alcohol consumption and drug taking go hand in hand with self harm is ill informed and down right offensive. Libby is first and foremost a victim and like every other student was enjoying a night out that involved alcohol.

@Joolz1975 thank you & @Steleheart please have a word. <modsnipped>
PULEEZE use the report button to alert - not in the thread.

At this time, and I know it was discussed early on, but nothing about Libby's psychological, physical or other incapacities have been confirmed by LE or in MSM nor have they been tied to this case. Discussion of those types of stigma when unconfirmed and unrelated is not allowed. Further it makes no difference what ind of life a victim has or has not lead, we are victim friendly and such discussion is insensitive. While it is well known that her alcohol consumption that night made her vulnerable to this crime, it borders on victim blaming to stigmatize her because of it.

True, much will be discussed that seems distasteful because of what we do here, but we do so with respect and using what is substantiated as fact.

I vaguely remember the owner of the cctv saying something about when the cctv was given to the police, i.e. no until Saturday maybe?

The Howarth St cctv yes but I'm assuming there was more from the shops opposite maybe??

I’m surprised nobody’s come forward to say he’s offered to take them home before..... surely he’s not got lucky the first time he’s done this .
Surely he has failed attempts at trying to lure women into his car before.....

Unless he has only offered to distressed girls who said no and have forgotten.

Regarding the timing of when the police got hold of the spidercam cctv:
"The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm.
Staff checked it after Libby was reported missing and alerted cops.
But workers there are fuming detectives took so long to reveal it.
One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police.
“If it was my daughter I would have it everywhere.
“Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went.
"Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”
CCTV footage emerges of last sighting of missing Libby Squire 'in car with man'

I dont think i ever saw the clarification of the confusion. Unless you mean this i posted earlier? Its in direct contrast to what stelehart posted and im not sure i ever saw an explanation as to the denial and confirmation.

Redirect Notice

Police update on search for missing Hull student Libby Squire

Earlier this evening there were unsubstantiated claims on social media that a number of “white tents” had been put up on Oak Road playing fields.

However, a spokesman for the force has confirmed there are no white tents on the west Hull field, or in the area, and Libby has not been found.

-----------

It's still ambiguously worded, but some of that might be down to the HDM themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member