Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wouldn't be so many cars registered in Kendall that the task of searching RTA records for a car that fits the description given by FM would be out of the question? or have I been watching too much television?

They did similar in the Karen Ristevski murder where LE put out a state wide search for the whereabouts of similar vehicles as her black Mercedes two door coup. It was the process of elimination. I feel it should be possible for Williams case as well.
Kendall is off the Pacific Highway which is the main highway of the east coast of Aust.

Was the brand Ford mentioned?

The foster mother agreed with counsel assisting the inquest, Gerard Craddock, SC, that in statements immediately after William’s disappearance she had not mentioned the first two cars she had seen.

Nor had she initially mentioned the large man driving in an old “LTD’ style vehicle about whom she said, “I have seen him and he’s seen me”.

‘Where’s the red?’: Mum’s frantic search

The foster mother agreed with counsel assisting the inquest, Gerard Craddock, SC, that in statements immediately after William’s disappearance she had not mentioned the first two cars she had seen.

Nor had she initially mentioned the large man driving in an old “LTD’ style vehicle about whom she said, “I have seen him and he’s seen me”.

Incredible detail. This statement must have been made out on 1st day before her recall. Police normally would sit down and discuss the day 1st before a statement is made out and still no recall. No recall with 000 operator. No recall even though in one of the previous documentaries she said when the 1st local officer arrived on scene she was positioned where the 2 cars were and no recall then. Its obvious the foster mother was totally flooded with other thoughts and emotions and completely overawed that terrible terrible day.

An 'Ltd' vehicle. They are not that common back then were they? Noisy V8 engine?

William Tyrrell’s inquest starts in Sydney

I stumbled over this (besides the 3 cars and the 1 driver):
“With William missing it went right out of my mind,” she told the court.
But six days later, I just had this flash that there were two cars.
-.-
She (FM) said on the morning of September 12, 2014, her husband had become “frustrated” with the children being noisy.
“I remember saying ‘you just take care of yourself and I will take care of them’.”
-.-
She said she was still working with police on an image of the person she saw (in 2014), although at the time she had told her daughter it was “probably a neighbour”.
-.-
The foster mother saw the cars twice, which in the remote street where her mother — William foster grandmother — lived, was an unusual sight. (would have said "still")
-.-
The foster father had a telephone conference meeting that required “a bit of quiet and a decent internet connection”, and that would be difficult driving with “children in the back”.
-.-
“William was ducking to the northeast corner of the house and then rushing out and roaring at the ladies,” he said.
“They were drinking tea.”
The foster grandmother had “thought William was being very boisterous and loud”, but the foster mother had replied “he’s a boy, that’s just how they are”.
-.-
On one side of the courtroom, the foster parents — who cannot be identified — sat after being accompanied into court by NSW Police Minister Troy Grant.
They looked grim as they heard the triple-0 call made by the foster mother played in court, and details of the search for William as it became obvious he was nowhere in sight.
-.-
Throughout the investigation, William was referred to “a little boy lost” but police soon came to suspect something more sinister happened and zeroed in on known paedophiles and criminals from nearby holiday towns.
-.-
The closely-guarded persons of interest list, which ballooned to include hundreds of names over the years, has been whittled down for the inquest’s second sitting in August.
Some names on that list have been previously released by police but sources say one so-far unidentified person will be watched closely when they are called in front of the inquest.

it appears we’ll have to wait till August for this unidentified POI

From your post —
The closely-guarded persons of interest list, which ballooned to include hundreds of names over the years, has been whittled down for the inquest’s second sitting in August.
Some names on that list have been previously released by police but sources say one so-far unidentified person will be watched closely when they are called in front of the inquest.

Asked by the lawyer representing local washing machine repairman, Bill Spedding — Peter O’Brien — if she had called him on the morning of William’s disappearance she said she had.

Phone records obtained by police confirm the call was made at 9.03am on the day in question.

The foster mother said she had become annoyed when her mother told her that she had been waiting two weeks for a washing machine repair part.

“I said ‘Mum it’s crazy, it doesn’t take two weeks’,” she told the court.

And she said ‘oh dear, you don’t understand, this is how things are done in the country’.

But asked if her mother could have exaggerated the two-week wait, given that Spedding had visited the Benaroon Drive house just days before William vanished, the foster mother agreed.

“Yes, she’s an elderly woman. She does tend to under-exaggerate, over-exaggerate at different times,” she said.

William Tyrrell’s foster mum: ‘I beat myself up’

I am still curious as to how/who organised the washing machine repair.

The way this evidence is quoted for the article isn't the impression I got when hearing it in the court. When AMS told the court about the FM saying "he's hit his head....................", that was after they had an initial conversation and both of them had searched to the end of the street, they had split up and then rejoined each other, time had passed and now the FM was quite upset that she had not found WT and that he hadn't answered. She had to call the police.
I agree,the article doesn't tie in with the timeline told in court according to Lia Harris tweets which generally was:
-AMS was first to help when FM approached her outside her house asking had she seen a little boy.
- AMS noticed a man down the street mowing his lawn (Shannon?)who asked if everything was ok before stopping mowing and joining the search
-AMS knocked on PS door and told him they were looking for a boy. PS came out and joined the search.
-at this stage or before it FF is home running and yelling for William.
-FM knocks on LH door asking can she search back yard. LH joins search.
-LH posts on social media asking for help and others arrive.
-AMS meets FM again and FM says either he's fallen and banged his head or someone's taken him.
-at some stage by which time FF was home both
FF and FM run over to Mr and Mrs Crabb looking 'extremely distressed looking for William

Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris) on Twitter
Edited typo

Asked by the lawyer representing local washing machine repairman, Bill Spedding — Peter O’Brien — if she had called him on the morning of William’s disappearance she said she had.

Phone records obtained by police confirm the call was made at 9.03am on the day in question.

The foster mother said she had become annoyed when her mother told her that she had been waiting two weeks for a washing machine repair part.

“I said ‘Mum it’s crazy, it doesn’t take two weeks’,” she told the court.

And she said ‘oh dear, you don’t understand, this is how things are done in the country’.

But asked if her mother could have exaggerated the two-week wait, given that Spedding had visited the Benaroon Drive house just days before William vanished, the foster mother agreed.

“Yes, she’s an elderly woman. She does tend to under-exaggerate, over-exaggerate at different times,” she said.

William Tyrrell’s foster mum: ‘I beat myself up’

I am still curious as to how/who organised the washing machine repair.
The FM gave evidence that when she contacted BS it was from a piece of newspaper with his ad on it that the mother had kept on a shelf.

I agree,the article doesn't tie in with the timeline told in court according to Lia Harris tweets which generally was:
-AMS was first to help when FM approached her outside her house asking had she seen a little boy.
- AMS noticed a man down the street mowing his lawn (Shannon?)who asked if everything was ok before stopping mowing and joining the search
-AMS knocked on PS door and told him they were looking for a boy. PS came out and joined the search.
-at this stage or before it FF is home running and yelling for William.
-FM knocks on LH door asking can she search back yard. LH joins search.
-LH posts on social media asking for help and others arrive.
-AMS meets FM again and FM says either he's fallen and banged his head or someone's taken him.
-at some stage by which time FF was home both
FF and FM run over to Mr and Mrs Crabb looking 'extremely distressed looking for William

Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris) on Twitter
Edited typo
Whe AMS gasve evidence that when she was 1st talking to the FM she could heara male voice calling out for WT already around the back of theFGM's house. I did not hear the beginning of the FM's evidence but it seems a male neighbor 1st helped to search, but I can't figure out who it was absolutely.

it appears we’ll have to wait till August for this unidentified POI

From your post —

The article says 'unidentified' person.

-.-
She (FM) said on the morning of September 12, 2014, her husband had become “frustrated” with the children being noisy.
“I remember saying ‘you just take care of yourself and I will take care of them’.”
-.-
She said she was still working with police on an image of the person she saw (in 2014), although at the time she had told her daughter it was “probably a neighbour”.
-.-
The foster mother saw the cars twice, which in the remote street where her mother — William foster grandmother — lived, was an unusual sight. (would have said "still")
-.-
The foster father had a telephone conference meeting that required “a bit of quiet and a decent internet connection”, and that would be difficult driving with “children in the back”.
-.-
“William was ducking to the northeast corner of the house and then rushing out and roaring at the ladies,” he said.
The foster grandmother had “thought William was being very boisterous and loud”, but the foster mother had replied “he’s a boy, that’s just how they are”.
-.-
On one side of the courtroom, the foster parents — who cannot be identified — sat after being accompanied into court by NSW Police Minister Troy Grant.
They looked grim as they heard the triple-0 call made by the foster mother played in court, and details of the search for William as it became obvious he was nowhere in sight.
-.-
Throughout the investigation, William was referred to “a little boy lost” but police soon came to suspect something more sinister happened and zeroed in on known paedophiles and criminals from nearby holiday towns.
-.-

Bolded by you near the top - but 6 days later she remembered the cars.....??? Could it be an error?

They did similar in the Karen Ristevski murder where LE put out a state wide search for the whereabouts of similar vehicles as her black Mercedes two door coup. It was the process of elimination. I feel it should be possible for Williams case as well.
Kendall is off the Pacific Highway which is the main highway of the east coast of Aust.
I'm not sure if BluesClues question was about the teal vehicle, but one would presume an older model vehicle of that colour (I suppose all the vehicles of that color would be older models in 2014?) registered to owners in NSW might not bring up a huge list of possibilities. Hopefully they checked the NSW's motor vehicle registry to see if they might match such a vehicle ownership with a man of that approximate age, weight (guess at 'heavy'), with reddish hair color, etc.? Do the driver licenses in NSW have the photo of the driver embedded like we do in Canada so they can be accessed by police via computer?

I'm not sure if BluesClues question was about the teal vehicle, but one would presume an older model vehicle of that colour (I suppose all the vehicles of that color would be older models in 2014?) registered to owners in NSW might not bring up a huge list of possibilities. Hopefully they checked the NSW's motor vehicle registry to see if they might match such a vehicle ownership with a man of that approximate age, weight (guess at 'heavy'), with reddish hair color, etc.? Do the driver licenses in NSW have the photo of the driver embedded like we do in Canada so they can be accessed by police via computer?

yes they do

edit to add - & i imagine there is lots of these vehicles too

Whe AMS gasve evidence that when she was 1st talking to the FM she could heara male voice calling out for WT already around the back of theFGM's house. I did not hear the beginning of the FM's evidence but it seems a male neighbor 1st helped to search, but I can't figure out who it was absolutely.

Was the FF or MFC ( male foster carer ) as the court calls him....

Bolded by you near the top - but 6 days later she remembered the cars.....??? Could it be an error?
I was wondering the same thing, thinking it was an error, but then I realized that a different reporter said something similar, but yet didn't we hear that she remembered about the 2 cars on her way back from the airport on the day he disappeared, and immediately told police when she arrived back at FGM's house? Call me confused.

This is an article written by Lia Harris:
"She spoke of two unidentified cars she spotted parked across the road from her mother’s house on the morning of his disappearance, which she did not recall until several days later."
Court Shown Heartbreaking Video From Scene Of William Tyrrell's Disappearance

-.-
-.-
-.-
-.-
-.-
-.-
-.-
-.-

Does this sound like there was talk of the kids going with FF for the telephone conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken