Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was quite a long interview with Leah's parents on 3 counties radio this morning, I didn't catch it all as I was travelling at the time but it was early this morning.
They also did a mention of Leah being missing in their news bulletins.
Do you know if there's a podcast of their interview?

Andy Collins - 27/03/2019 - BBC Sounds

It is the whole show, but its at the beginning

This is really interesting, thank you. They first talk near the beginning, then about an hour in they play the first part of the interview, then a further hour in they play the final part. It's really worth a listen. Lots more information in there about the exact timeline of when Leah went missing.

I summarised all the information from the new radio interview with Leah's parents:

The day Leah disappeared

• Leah's family last saw her when she went to bed the night before.
  • There was no family argument. It was just a normal day.
  • Her dad took her mum to work at 7:30 before going to work himself.
  • Leah makes her bed before leaving home. She didn't arrive at work.
  • Leah's phone is turned off at approximately 8:30am.
  • In the evening, her dad received a phone call from one her colleagues saying she didn't show up and wasn't answering her phone. He initially thought she might be ill in bed at home and rushes back, but she wasn't there.
  • Her dad rang her phone and it was switched off. Her mum didn't know where she could be either.
  • They were concerned but didn't panic straight away. They waited for her to come home for dinner, assuming she maybe went out with a friend and forgot to tell them, and that her phone maybe ran out. She wasn't the sort of person to just not come home for dinner.
  • At 9:30 her colleague told her parents that they contacted their manager to check if Leah was on annual leave, but she wasn't. Her parents then phoned 999.
  • The family were with police between 10pm-3am. They were phoning around and walking up and down Leah's route to work with torches. They checked whether the hotel on Furzton Lake saw her.

Other info
  • Leah started her first full time job 7 months ago for a finance company. She really enjoys it, good pay, good hours.
  • Her dad says she never takes a day off for any reason. She used to work at McDonalds, and on her last day before leaving the job there was a family wedding. Although her dad encouraged her to skip work, Leah refused to do so without finding cover for her shift because she didn't want to let them down.
  • She hasn't used any bank cards, and last time she withdrew money was 28 days before she disappeared.
  • Police have reviewed over 15,000 hours of CCTV and have found nothing. They also tried to find her on CCTV in days before she disappeared.
  • Her mum encouraged Leah to take different routes, telling her that someone dangerous could figure out her schedule if she walked the same way at the same time every day. Her mum says Leah listened and she alternated between 3/4 routes, which made it difficult to go through CCTV.
  • They can't track her phone because the phone model doesn't allow you to do that.
  • Police have spoken to Leah's friends several times at length. Her friends gave police their phones to look at all of their messages with Leah, but they found nothing to suggest what happened.
  • Her parents have found it difficult dealing with people asking the same, often very invasive, questions over and over again.
  • They were very close to Leah and she had a good relationship with them. She could have spoken to them if she had any issues.
  • She won international medals. She competed with her dad, who is also her coach. She seemed relaxed and casual at competitions.
  • They were going on a family holiday. The family sat down on the Wednesday to plan the holiday.
  • She has picked out new wallpaper for her room and planned on getting a double bed.

While you were busy typing it up, I was listening to the interview. It made my heart hurt, just how devastated and bewildered the parents are. I really hope someone contacts the police soon with info.

I would not have heard the broadcast were it not for this thread so thank you.

I summarised all the information from the new radio interview with Leah's parents:

The day Leah disappeared

• In the evening, her dad received a phone call from one her colleagues saying she didn't show up and wasn't answering her phone. He initially thought she might be ill in bed at home and rushes back, but she wasn't there.
  • Her dad rang her phone and it was switched off. Her mum didn't know where she could be either.
  • They were concerned but didn't panic straight away. They waited for her to come home for dinner, assuming she maybe went out with a friend and forgot to tell them, and that her phone maybe ran out. She wasn't the sort of person to just not come home for dinner.
  • At 9:30 her colleague told her parents that they contacted their manager to check if Leah was on annual leave, but she wasn't. Her parents then phoned 999.
  • The family were with police between 10pm-3am. They were phoning around and walking up and down Leah's route to work with torches. They checked whether the hotel on Furzton Lake saw her.

Other info
  • Leah started her first full time job 7 months ago for a finance company. She really enjoys it, good pay, good hours.
  • Her dad says she never takes a day off for any reason. She used to work at McDonalds, and on her last day before leaving the job there was a family wedding. Although her dad encouraged her to skip work, Leah refused to do so without finding cover for her shift because she didn't want to let them down.
  • She hasn't used any bank cards, and last time she withdrew money was 28 days before she disappeared.
  • Police have reviewed over 15,000 hours of CCTV and have found nothing. They also tried to find her on CCTV in days before she disappeared.
  • Her mum encouraged Leah to take different routes, telling her that someone dangerous could figure out her schedule if she walked the same way at the same time every day. Her mum says Leah listened and she alternated between 3/4 routes, which made it difficult to go through CCTV.
  • They can't track her phone because the phone model doesn't allow you to do that.
  • Police have spoken to Leah's friends several times at length. Her friends gave police their phones to look at all of their messages with Leah, but they found nothing to suggest what happened.
  • Her parents have found it difficult dealing with people asking the same, often very invasive, questions over and over again.
  • They were very close to Leah and she had a good relationship with them. She could have spoken to them if she had any issues.
  • She won international medals. She competed with her dad, who is also her coach. She seemed relaxed and casual at competitions.
  • They were going on a family holiday. The family sat down on the Wednesday to plan the holiday.
  • She has picked out new wallpaper for her room and planned on getting a double bed.

Great summary, thank you.

I am surprised her case has not received more attention both on here and in the general media at large

This place is on its 14th Libby Squire thread and who was responsible for her disappearance and demise was pretty clear cut from the very beginning, yet we are on the 1st Leah thread still and no nearer finding her or knowing who is responsible, just surprised Leah has generated so little discussion compared with Libby not that there is a competition or anything

I have been following since it was first announced that LC went missing. Checking in here most days and also media reports, I really feel for her family the anguish they must be going through. But like other posters have mentioned there is very little information to go on, and any details that have been given to the public have been covered here on WS. There sadly isn’t much to discuss unless the LE get a lead/breakthrough.

The day Leah disappeared

Other info

Thank you for this, this is very interesting.

Up until this point I'd been convinced that Leah left of her own accord because of the lack of information from LE, but now I'm really not sure. The fact that she didn't withdraw any cash in the 28 days before her disappearance and that she was planning to redecorate her bedroom tells me that she wasn't planning to run away IMO. She has no access to money (no cash and she hasn't used her bank account since), and she was planning things for the future (holiday, bedroom redecoration).

The thing about her phone being turned off at 8:30am really strikes me as odd too. Could it be that someone did take her on her way to work and quickly turned off her phone to avoid location tracking (perhaps they didn't know that her phone couldn't be tracked?).

And I know there's been speculation that Leah would be able to fight back a potential abductor with her martial arts skills, but maybe she recognised the person and he/she offered to give Leah a lift to work? Maybe it could be someone who works somewhere on the Knowlhill estate, either in the same building as Leah or in another one and she has seen them around so would be more inclined to take a lift from them?

Just what I've been thinking, all MOO.

Thank you for this, this is very interesting.

Up until this point I'd been convinced that Leah left of her own accord because of the lack of information from LE, but now I'm really not sure. The fact that she didn't withdraw any cash in the 28 days before her disappearance and that she was planning to redecorate her bedroom tells me that she wasn't planning to run away IMO. She has no access to money (no cash and she hasn't used her bank account since), and she was planning things for the future (holiday, bedroom redecoration).

The thing about her phone being turned off at 8:30am really strikes me as odd too. Could it be that someone did take her on her way to work and quickly turned off her phone to avoid location tracking (perhaps they didn't know that her phone couldn't be tracked?).

And I know there's been speculation that Leah would be able to fight back a potential abductor with her martial arts skills, but maybe she recognised the person and he/she offered to give Leah a lift to work? Maybe it could be someone who works somewhere on the Knowlhill estate, either in the same building as Leah or in another one and she has seen them around so would be more inclined to take a lift from them?

Just what I've been thinking, all MOO.

I wonder where Leah's phone last pinged before being turned off. I'm also curious as to when her phone and social media were last used, was there any activity the morning of the 15th?

I wish someone could explain WHEN the CCTV of the morning on Buzzacott was found. It's really bugging me, but there's no info about that in any of the reports and I can't trace it back from newspaper reports.

Anyone know when that was first spotted? Seems so weird that they have that one capture, and then..... nothing!!!!

I wish someone could explain WHEN the CCTV of the morning on Buzzacott was found. It's really bugging me, but there's no info about that in any of the reports and I can't trace it back from newspaper reports.

Anyone know when that was first spotted? Seems so weird that they have that one capture, and then..... nothing!!!!
Police 'working tirelessly' as search for missing Leah Croucher is stepped up

This article is dated the 18th of Feb and it mentions the confirmed sighting of Leah on Buzzacot Lane. I'm assuming LE had the cctv at that stage so it must have been found pretty quickly. Listening to the interview Leah's parents gave on radio yesterday, it sounded like that is the only sighting of Leah on cctv that day.

Can any of the experienced WS posters explain this - is this reverse psychology ie to shame the abductor or someone who might know something into coming forward, or do they genuinely believe she’s still out there and just not coming home. I really hope it’s the latter. It would be wonderful if she did get in touch with them.

God only knows, there are no rules but this really is a strange one. It isn't often we get a case where there are literally no leads, usually there are some clues or CCTV or a possible reason for someone to run away / harm themselves.

The police said "Frankly, our officers investigating Leah’s disappearance have never dealt with a case like this. It is extremely rare for someone to go missing without leaving a trace... but this is what has happened to Leah"

I'd love to think Leah is ok (but would be cross she's put her family and friends through all this, not to mention police resources). Sadly, after this long, I'm worried for her. Families of missing people often say the only thing worse than knowing is not knowing, and I can well believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks