Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many posts here discussing and arguing how events happened that night. It is all supposition and opinion and very little fact., but of course emotional.
We have no idea what happened, or how events unfolded.... all we know is that poor Libby's body has been recovered from The Humber estuary.
IMO it is good to discuss and hear different possible scenarios, but we have to bear in mind how little we know, and that noone has yet been charged so far in connection with this.

If we go with it though, he could've used it just as he got to the car and opened the front door - so, items on the back seat, stun, move person onto front seat. The video does show someone slumping quite quickly.

This scenario is what is believed to have happened in the YingYing Zang case in Illinois. (She has a WS thread.) Her friends said initially she wouldn't get into a stranger's car, but she did, and it was captured on CCTV. YingYing disappears from view as soon as she closes the car door. She was most likely stunned or somehow incapacitated. YingYing was not drunk, just stressed about missing a bus and running late, and most significantly, the perp likely may have flashed fake ID and presented himself as an undercover LEO. (There is a report he tried it earlier on another young woman.) Vile perps like this will do whatever it takes to capture their "prey." Libby's murderer could have shown her some kind of fake ID, or just managed to persuade her he was a Good Samaritan, then stunned / incapacitated her as soon as she got in his car. I'm one who can't decipher much from the SpiderCam, so I can't see if she slumps, but it would not surprise me at all. MOO.

If there had been a weapon involved in the abduction, keeping in mind that there was at least 20 minutes of continual cctv for LE to go by, there'd likely have been a very heavy armed presence involved in his initial arrest. He'd probably already have been charged with a weapons-related offence.

If he used a serious weapon whilst on the passenger side of the car, it may not have been seen but there might be evidence in the way the other person moved. Taser would be discreet, or just finding a suitable pressure point to inflict pain or incapacitate; he was involved in martial arts?

So many posts here discussing and arguing how events happened that night. It is all supposition and opinion and very little fact., but of course emotional.
We have no idea what happened, or how events unfolded.... all we know is that poor Libby's body
has been recovered from The Humber estuary.
IMO it is good to discuss and hear different possible scenarios, but we have to bear in mind how little we know, and that noone has yet been charged so far ini
connection with this.

I think we are all aware of this .The only alternative is no one posts any thing more on this thread.

Maybe after this tragic story we need new laws come into place.

Where nightclubs by law have a staffed area where people who have been refused entry can go and get some food and a hot drink and have taxi's rang for them.

This was discussed on a previous thread. Why is it a nightclub's responsibility when people arrive drunk from elsewhere and why should they incur the costs?

I think we are all aware of this .The only alternative is no one posts any thing more on this thread.

Yep I agree with that - until there is anything new to discuss and more information is released.

Where nightclubs by law have a staffed area where people who have been refused entry can go and get some food and a hot drink and have taxi's rang for them.

She had a taxi though.
You can't then physically make people enter their house.
Wonderful idea but totally unrealistic imo.

There is an intiative where if you are vulnerable you can get a taxi. What I have drilled in to my teenage daughter is no one gets left alone. It was a mistake her friends made, but one I really stand by as do all my now adult friends. If you go home alone you must text as soon as you are inside- I’ve had random nights as we all have where I have gone home alone, but if I don’t text within a certain amount of time (regardless of how drunk i am), I get phone calls and texts (and have even had random people turnup), my husband gets phoned, my friends get texted. I also have friends who take people home and then go back out. Sadly this didn’t happen that night, but it has been one thing I learnt many years ago after a friend was knocked over and killed walking home alone (pure accident). Things happen, but when alcohol is involved- leave no one behind. Hindsight is wonderful and I can’t even begin to empathise with her friends that night who must be devestated. It’s a truly awful tragic thing, but there are many awful people out there and we need to protect ourselves and our friends.

There is an intiative where if you are vulnerable you can get a taxi. What I have drilled in to my teenage daughter is no one gets left alone. It was a mistake her friends made, but one I really stand by as do all my now adult friends. If you go home alone you must text as soon as you are inside- I’ve had random nights as we all have where I have gone home alone, but if I don’t text within a certain amount of time (regardless of how drunk i am), I get phone calls and texts (and have even had random people turnup), my husband gets phoned, my friends get texted. I also have friends who take people home and then go back out. Sadly this didn’t happen that night, but it has been one thing I learnt many years ago after a friend was knocked over and killed walking home alone (pure accident). Things happen, but when alcohol is involved- leave no one behind. Hindsight is wonderful and I can’t even begin to empathise with her friends that night who must be devestated. It’s a truly awful tragic thing, but there are many awful people out there and we need to protect ourselves and our friends.

I believe the lack of contact was what alerted them to her being missing so early on. She didn't let them know she was home which seemed to be a system they had too.
The alarm was raised really quite soon, wasn't their a FB post at around 1am? Someone linked to it a few hundred messages ago.
Her friends will live with this forever.
Libby would likely have told them all she was fine, she'd let them know she was home and hoped they had fun.

It happens. If you are denied entry a bouncer will make sure you get in a taxi. Everyone else is having a good time and friends are not going to say - let's all go home with (friend) and stop the night. Doesn't happen. It's more like "She's fine, she's in a taxi, we'll see her tomorrow AND THAT'S OKAY

I’ve never seen a bouncer put an intoxicated person in a taxi, ever ...
The bouncers in India Chipchase’ murder refused her re entry then later claimed they were too busy to help her. She was murdered soon after.

I believe the lack of contact was what alerted them to her being missing so early on. She didn't let them know she was home which seemed to be a system they had too.
The alarm was raised really quite soon, wasn't their a FB post at around 1am? Someone linked to it a few hundred messages ago.
Her friends will live with this forever.
Libby would likely have told them all she was fine, she'd let them know she was home and hoped they had fun.
That can’t have happened, she didn’t enter the house and her phone was inside. She didn’t message them. I tried to find the time she noticed and returned home and thought it was about 1.30ish, but all those reports have been lost in the google jumble. That was still 1/ 2 hours after she left, although early enough that if they had a system- as I previously posted she wouldn’t have got in a taxi to try and meet up with them.

If he used a serious weapon whilst on the passenger side of the car, it may not have been seen but there might be evidence in the way the other person moved. Taser would be discreet, or just finding a suitable pressure point to inflict pain or incapacitate; he was involved in martial arts?

I am also open to the idea that she didnt necessarily get in voluntarily. I have said i think i see 2 attempts at getting in and possibly a struggle just off camera. I dont discount that he may have threatened her either verbally or with a weapon.

I still see - or have convinced myself that I see - a flip of the hair once she's sat down which suggests some comfort with the situation. Obviously it's massively ambiguous.

That can’t have happened, she didn’t enter the house and her phone was inside. She didn’t message them. I tried to find the time she noticed and returned home and thought it was about 1.30ish, but all those reports have been lost in the google jumble. That was still 1/ 2 hours after she left, although early enough that if they had a system- as I previously posted she wouldn’t have got in a taxi to try and meet up with them.

The FB message wasn't from Libby, it was put out by a friend saying Libby was missing.

Her friend first posted on Facebook at 1.04am saying Libby was missing.

We don't know what alerted them so quickly, I'd say they were worried she had not texted them Or the boys that saw her get out of the taxi told her friends she had not gone in the house (assuming they went to the welly).

Either way by 1.04am her friends were aware she was not at home where they expected her to be.

He was into martial arts according to his fb page.

I still see - or have convinced myself that I see - a flip of the hair once she's sat down which suggests some comfort with the situation. Obviously it's massively ambiguous.

Yeah we all see different things. Ive never seen a flick of the hair. I see more a slump towards the gearstick. I have always seen toing and froing behind the back door but it wasnt until someone else pointed out that i thought it looked like 2 attempts at entry, its interesting looking through the web as well. Someone played about with it in one of the earlier threads, changed the speed (long before i joined but was reading). If it was that cut and dry we would probably not have seen it but i didnt like it from the first time i saw it yet ive been drawn back to watch again so many times. Hoping to notice something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn