Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember thinking at the time that the police’s dismissal of the items as being related to Libby’s disappearance and instead linking them to another investigation was uncannily quick. If they were his, I wonder whether impressions of his fingerprints or DNA were matched to any on record obtained by SOCO? We assumed any matches showed up when samples were taken upon arrest, but police may have known before then if the tools are his.

And the day the tools were found, that night is when SOCO were examine the door in Wellesley Avenue.

Lipgloss could be used to grease the edge of a chisel or something to make breaking in easier.

No, that would make it slip. You can break in through a window which has external beading (tends to be older ones) with a penknife or something similarly thin, in seconds.

Double glazing and doors can look good, but may not have the latest security systems as I doubt landlords spend too much money on properties they rent to students.

I can’t remember if it’s been discussed or not, and i’ve read every single message in every thread but my brain is a bit mushy....I wonder if it’s possible that in the missing parts of the CCTV footage when PR is sat in the car, he is up to his old ‘personal pleasuring’ tricks?? Maybe having driven past the bench and seen LS he has pulled up in the street for a closer look and then proceeded to have a fiddle.....

I can’t remember if it’s been discussed or not, and i’ve read every single message in every thread but my brain is a bit mushy....I wonder if it’s possible that in the missing parts of the CCTV footage when PR is sat in the car, he is up to his old ‘personal pleasuring’ tricks?? Maybe having driven past the bench and seen LS he has pulled up in the street for a closer look and then proceeded to have a fiddle.....

We definitely discussed it because some people were suggesting that’s what he might be doing in the shown footage, as oppose to rolling a cig. Texting with both thumbs, rolling a smoke and pleasuring were all suggested. I think the cigarette was decided upon because that’s what the itv reporter says. But as you say ... off camera or edited out of the footage ... very possibly. Of all the places he could’ve parked, he really did pick the wrong one. Right in front of possibly the only cctv camera on that street.

Here's a question, will the family know alot about the investigation?

Do you think PR had been watching Libby's house for a while?
The students were only just back from their Christmas holidays.
Hmm difficult. All his recent alleged offences seem clearly sexually rather than financially motivated. So you could assume his most recent burglary was.

I don't think for one moment he targeted Libby in particular. Or watched her house particularly thou he did wank on her street.

He does commit a lot of offences in student areas. A place he'd be sure to find a high proportion of young women. Especially at certain times like after student club nights.

It's odd that when students weren't around on 26th December he moved to a more mixed, nicer residential area where he was ideally positioned at just the right time for two young women to see him. An area where he would be statistically less likely to bump into young women and it'd be harder to judge when they'd be around. He managed to catch them on their way home. Then he followed them. Is that just luck?

Then there was his last burglary. Was it luck that it was a house with young women so he could steal knickers, sex toys and photos? And know how to get in without breaking and entering?. And be sure he wouldn't be caught?

He couldn't have targetted Libby as nobody could foresee that night of misfortunes. But I think he targeted that location at that time because he'd seen students before. Jmo

Hard to work out. What do you think?

RE the lipgloss :)... It looks brand new and you can only get mini versions of that particular lipgloss in Christmas gift sets. Someone probably got it for Christmas, took it on a night out because it's a really handy size, and lost it.

I am not sure what I think!
I have thoughts then some one posts their ideas and I rethink my own!!
I do wonder whether he had a way of getting in ,for example helping a friend who did odd jobs,but then again the police would check this when the burglary was reported.
Why was he out on Boxing day when he had two young children and a wife at home?
I wonder whether there is a connection to the gym and he has seen women and followed them home.

Last edited:
I am sure what I think!
I have thoughts then some one posts their ideas and I rethink my own!!
I do wonder whether he had a way of getting in ,for example helping a friend who did odd jobs,but then again the police would check this when the burglary was reported.
Why was he out on Boxing day when he had two young children and a wife at home?
I wonder whether there is a connection to the gym and he has seen women and followed them home.

Hi Skigh, just a quick thought re Boxing Day in a Polish household. Its a bit of a non-event, not usually a big occasion. The big family tradition is usually the evening meal and gift unwrapping together on Christmas Eve. The next day is also respected/celebrated as well. Of course they may not be traditional but I doubt that as the comments from Poland in the press pointed to their aspirations of being a good catholic family.

Hi Skigh, just a quick thought re Boxing Day in a Polish household. Its a bit of a non-event, not usually a big occasion. The big family tradition is usually the evening meal and gift unwrapping together on Christmas Eve. The next day is also respected/celebrated as well. Of cour
they may not be traditional but I doubt that as the comments from Poland in the press pointed to their aspirations of being a good catholic family.

Thank you so much.
I had not thought about that.

And the day the tools were found, that night is when SOCO were examine the door in Wellesley Avenue.
Did we establish whether that was Libby's door or where the 12th Jan offence occurred?

Did we establish whether that was Libby's door or where the 12th Jan offence occurred?

That's not her door - though there was some speculation as to why it was being examined. It was suggested that it was either linked to the previous incident, as you say, or it was the home of the sex offender who was living on the street.

Can't reply to @Lindaloo on last thread but I've rewatched the Welly Footage and now feel very sure as Libby walks past camera from left to right she first rummages in her right jacket pocket then puts a mobile to her right ear. I really don't see a hair flick. Her best friend is a couple of yards behind her. In the next sequence with the queue forming, her friend returns to a position adjacent to the queue and now she is using a mobile. Shortly Libby rejoins her with no mobile visible. I think it could be one phone between two.
I see her put her hair behind her ear. My child has a similar hairstyle and and does similar all the time. I do see her rummaging in her pocket tho.

Yeah, that's totally plausible. It's what was said the next day that gives me pause for thought:

A screwdriver, hammer and lip gloss were retrieved by forensic officers close to the spot where she was last seen.

But Humberside Police said they were not "connected with the inquiry into her disappearance" and the items were part of another investigation.

Another investigation - like a burglary or series of burglaries in the area? Incidents that had not yet been forensically linked to PR.
Yes part of another investigation got me as well. And they didn't specifically exclude the lip gloss which is an odd item to find with a screwdriver and hammer. The report mentioned it and the police didn't unmention it.

This was before PR was on their radar I guess, but the 12th Jan incident would have been. Wonder did they bother even going out to that at the time?

Hmm difficult. All his recent alleged offences seem clearly sexually rather than financially motivated. So you could assume his most recent burglary was.

I don't think for one moment he targeted Libby in particular. Or watched her house particularly thou he did wank on her street.

He does commit a lot of offences in student areas. A place he'd be sure to find a high proportion of young women. Especially at certain times like after student club nights.

It's odd that when students weren't around on 26th December he moved to a more mixed, nicer residential area where he was ideally positioned at just the right time for two young women to see him. An area where he would be statistically less likely to bump into young women and it'd be harder to judge when they'd be around. He managed to catch them on their way home. Then he followed them. Is that just luck?

Then there was his last burglary. Was it luck that it was a house with young women so he could steal knickers, sex toys and photos? And know how to get in without breaking and entering?. And be sure he wouldn't be caught?

He couldn't have targetted Libby as nobody could foresee that night of misfortunes. But I think he targeted that location at that time because he'd seen students before. Jmo

Hard to work out. What do you think?

Great post newthoughts! You’re full of them :D
I haven’t got anything to add other than I agree with all your points, especially the 26th December one - seems like PR is incredibly lucky at finding his poor victims by chance or a master stalker, maybe both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member