NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

Mattie and Patty, are referenced in this April, 2016 article.

http://www.currentargus.com/story/n...ld-case-homicide-solved-arrest-made/83296956/
CARLSBAD — The search for a young woman's killer is finally over after 14 long years.

More than a decade after 20-year-old Sasha Hedgecock's death, the case against the man suspected of ending her life is finally strong enough to take to court thanks in part to DNA evidence.

The Sheriff's Office has only one other cold case, London said - the deaths of Mattie Catherine Reston and Patty Sue Pritz in 1961. Reston, 13, and Pritz, 14, were last seen leaving the Carlsbad Beach area. Their bodies were discovered near rocky Arroyo days later. No one has ever been charged with their deaths.

Wish there was something new to post, thinking of Mattie and Patty especially in light of the recent double murder of young girls Abby Williams and Libby German in Indiana.

Did anything come of these charges?
Apparently nothing came of this accusation, there have been a number of potential poi,maybe that has contributed to the problem. DNA might go a long way in this case, imo, speculation.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Carlsbad-11-Aug-1961-1&p=4819905#post4819905
[h=2]Newspaper articles[/h]
Hobbs Daily News - Sun / Friday, January 24, 1964

Held 18 months, Parsons freed in two killings

(API) Franklin (Buddy) Parsons is free after being held prisoner for about 18 months in the shooting deaths of two Carlsbad teen-age girls.
“I don’t know the details . . . but if he had been put away without being sure it wouldn’t have made me feel any better,” Mrs. Pete Restine said in Carlsbad this morning.
Mrs. Restine’s daughter, Mattie Catherine, 13, and Pattie Sue Pritz, 14, were found shot to death August 13, 1961. They had disappeared two days earlier while at the Carlsbad Municipal Beach. Parson was arrested August, 1962, in connection to the murders.
Parsons, 23, was released Thursday from State Prison, where he had been held for examinations after District Attorney Pat Hanagan of Roswell reported there was insufficient evidence to bring him to trial.
The mother of Pattie Sue Pritz, Mrs. Cullen Davidson, said this morning, “I just can’t comment …but in a way I feel …relieved. I know there has been suspects better than him (Parsons) …at times he acted as though he didn‘t know what it was all about.“
Parson’s mother, who has her son home with her now in Albuquerque, has steadfastly maintained that her son didn’t know what he was doing when he signed a confession statement. She said her son is mentally retarded and can neither read nor write.
“I can’t say how I feel about the possibility of any injustice (in holding Parsons prisoner) …there’s a lot that I don’t know,” said Mrs. Davidson. “I know the police put a lot of work into it …I worked right with the police on this …I’ve had my doubts (about Parsons). All my life I have studied detective stories and I’m now studying crime …in (the beginning of this case they had one suspect in whose car they found a tube of lipstick, a Navy button and a billfold …I was never shown these things that I might have identified …both of the girls were wearing sailor type suits. This character had scratches on his face …he left town.”
But about Parsons. Mrs. Davidson said she had had her doubts. “I couldn’t say either way,” she said.
In Roswell, District Attorney Pat Hanagan said, “The investigation has to go on.” He was asked if this means the investigation is back where it started. “That’s about what it amounts to, he said. “ I wouldn’t want to comment any further other than to say the charges against Parsons have been dismissed …the trial was to have started next week.”
Parsons was dismissed to the custody of his attorneys , T.E. (Gene) Lusk and John B. Walker. His parents met the young man at a Santa Fe psychiatrist’s office. After a tearful reunion, the family left for their Albuquerque home. Parsons has under gone numerous psychiatric tests.
The New Mexico Association for Retarded Children became interested in the case but had no official contact with Parsons or officials connected with the proceedings.
Ed Voorhees of Los Alamos, a member of the association board said, “We did discuss it. We were gathering more information but that’s as far as it went.”​

1961-2017
It is taking a very long time for clear answers, but Mattie and Patty have not been forgotten and one day the full truth will be shouted from the rooftops!
imo.

TedMac and all who are still concerned about Patty and Mattie: I am the half Brother of Patty, we had the same Mother Betty Jo Lewis, Pritz, Davidson.
My Father was Cullen Bobby Davidson who died in Aug. of 2015. I also would like to see this thread continue for I would want Patty's memory to be alive.

TedMac and all who are still concerned about Patty and Mattie: I am the half Brother of Patty, we had the same Mother Betty Jo Lewis, Pritz, Davidson.
My Father was Cullen Bobby Davidson who died in Aug. of 2015. I also would like to see this thread continue for I would want Patty's memory to be alive.
Welcome to Ws minerman61162, delighted that you found this thread!

Thank you, I'm sorry that I didn't find it sooner. I have just recently became interested in possibly giving my family's side of this tragedy. I have a lot to say
about it, because it affected all of our lives tremendously as I can relate to Mattie's sister and family.
Is Sunshine1950 the Sister of Mattie? Still alive? I think her last post was in 2017.

Thank you, I'm sorry that I didn't find it sooner. I have just recently became interested in possibly giving my family's side of this tragedy. I have a lot to say
about it, because it affected all of our lives tremendously as I can relate to Mattie's sister and family.
Is Sunshine1950 the Sister of Mattie? Still alive? I think her last post was in 2017.
Sunshine1950 is Mattie's sister, hoping she is well!

Yes sir, me also. I would really like to talk with her and apologize for our family not wanting to get involved.
But I'm here now after a 40 year battle with addiction to alcohol and drugs. Thank God I found Jesus Christ and a program called Celebrate Recovery, saved my job and my life!

I was born June 11th, 1962 conceived one month after the murder of Patty and Mattie. My first five years I don't remember living in the same house Patty lived in on N. Mesquite. My Father ( Cullen Davidson) moved us, my Mother
(Betty Davidson), Sister ( Vicki Davidson), and myself to Ortega street in 1967. My Mother went insane after the tragedy. I remember her being in and out of the state mental hospital all of my life diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Dad was awesome raising both Vicki and me mostly by himself. We never lacked for anything!
Dad was a very private person and we had very little social life only visiting my Grand Parents on my Dad's side- (Buford and Holly Davidson). It seemed like he kept us from my Mother's parents, (James? and Vivian Lewis), I never did know why. I think because of him being a private person was why he didn't want the media attention with the case.
I am going to post this now and will post more later. Hope this is all legal what I write.... Love, D.D.

My Mother did have days of clarity when she would take her medicine, (Thorazine) along with other prescription drugs.
I remember her telling me about Patty and her older sister Connie, how disciplined they were. Connie died of complications after battling lung cancer, never smoked a day of her life! I knew Connie and her family.
I was shocked to read that Mom let Patty date at such a young age, and about the diary Patty had.
I would like to let SS1950 know that she is not the only family member that gives a c---. I'm referring to a post she made
#40, Sep. 1, 2009. I really wish I could chat with her. Wonder if still alive?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back