CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA that PF got his idea from the hospital incident. I remain baffled as to why KB was still with PF in November. She had to know about the alleged abuse report. That makes twice in the baby’s first year that DHS was contacted. I wonder if she understood that she was dealing with a narcissist and that this false accusation was PF putting a label on her that actually would better fit himself? I am not blaming KB, but just trying to understand. Did she think she could change him?
JMO and curiosity.
She may not have known. If the caller wishes to be anonymous they cannot reveal who made the call.
Maybe Kelsey discussed it with him and he said something like, "I can't imagine who would call. Maybe one of your neighbors saw a burn mark and reported it. Don't worry about it."
Usually a parent who is deceitful and has an agenda will never admit to the other parent that they did it. Imo

I didn't word it well, the accusations I was referring to were the ones in the DHS interview in March.
I'm trying to figure out what prompted him to file for custody, make false allegations to DHS and to enlist someone to kill KB. I've always assumed it was something that happened in Aug, since that was when he first asked KK to kill KB. But he had already had an interview with DHS and made claims of abuse, so he was setting the stage as far back as March.
I did note on the timeline on the first page that KK claimed she and PF began their affair in March, perhaps that was the point when he decided to cut KB out of the picture? Or maybe he began the affair with KK to begin to manipulate her into killing KB?
KB bought her home in April, was she living with PF until that time and had moved out, thereby separating him from his child?
I don't know, but I have a suspicion that whatever drove this can be traced back to something that happened in just before that March DHS interview.
Where are you reading that the DHS interview took place in March? I still don't see that anywhere. MOO

She may not have known. If the caller wishes to be anonymous they cannot reveal who made the call.
Maybe Kelsey discussed it with him and he said something like, "I can't imagine who would call. Maybe one of your neighbors saw a burn mark and reported it. Don't worry about it."
Usually a parent who is deceitful and has an agenda will never admit to the other parent that they did it. Imo
Ahh...I never thought of that. Thank you.

ITA that PF got his idea from the hospital incident. I remain baffled as to why KB was still with PF in November. She had to know about the alleged abuse report. That makes twice in the baby’s first year that DHS was contacted. I wonder if she understood that she was dealing with a narcissist and that this false accusation was PF putting a label on her that actually would better fit himself? I am not blaming KB, but just trying to understand. Did she think she could change him?
JMO and curiosity.
We don't know who contacted DHS. It seems most likely that it was PF, but there are other family members currently interested in custody of baby K... PF could have told KB it wasn't him, and she may have believed him. MOO

Prosecutors want a judge to bar the public release of Teller County Department of Human Services records involving interviews with a Florissant rancher accused of killing his fiancee and burning her body. […]

They include “extensive interviews documenting statements made by the defendant and witnesses in this case,” Reed said.

The nature of the statements isn’t clear, but court testimony has revealed that Frazee claimed that Berreth abused their toddler daughter.

Such an allegation would trigger an investigation by child protective authorities, who investigate in secret and do not publicly discuss their work.

“The people respectfully request disclosure of these records to the defendant in the above-referenced case, subject to a protective order prohibiting dissemination to any person outside of the defendant’s legal defense team,” Reed wrote in her motion.

…... Court records show no evidence that child protective authorities pursued action against either Frazee or Berreth. bbm

Prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth case want DHS records kept secret

ETA: I recall a tweet by Sam Kraemer indicating a custody type document dated August was located in the SF residence. It follows this could be the time frame, and that allegations were unfounded (CPS pursued no action). MOO
So apparently after Social Services completed their investigation, they found no evidence of abuse, and therefore did not open a case against Kelsey.
Probably all they were able to find were witnesses who claimed PF told them of abuse but no actual proof of abuse.
They will only open a case if they have enough evidence to support the claim, such as failure to take the child to well visits, not up to date on immunizations, poor living conditions, or other eye witness accounts. Imo

Ugh, I just read the Daily Mail article about PF reporting KB to child protective services. That man obviously went to any extremes to prove KB an unfit mother ... reporting her, and of course telling KK. No doubt he bad-mouthed KB to family and friends as well. I haven’t been able to check in lately due to house guests, but I had to come on today to express my disgust at PF. I hope and pray he is punished to the nth degree .... and I truly hope little K is kept far away from PF and his family. JMHO ....
I know the Daily Mail says that PF reported KB to DHS, but that is not what the motion says. While he's the most likely culprit, the document does not say who reported or when they reported.

From the motion filed March 20, 2019: "The records relate to the charged crimes in this case, and include extensive interviews documenting statements made by the Defendant and witnesses in this case."
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/P-9 People's Notice of Department of Human Services Records in the District Attorney's Possession and Motion for Disclosure and Protective Order.pdf

MOO

Last edited:
We don't know who contacted DHS. It seems most likely that it was PF, but there are other family members currently interested in custody of baby K... PF could have told KB it wasn't him, and she may have believed him. MOO
Yes, he could have asked any number of people to do it. Social Services have to keep the reporter anonymous if they request it, so they would have nothing to lose by reporting it. Imo

I didn't word it well, the accusations I was referring to were the ones in the DHS interview in March.
I'm trying to figure out what prompted him to file for custody, make false allegations to DHS and to enlist someone to kill KB. I've always assumed it was something that happened in Aug, since that was when he first asked KK to kill KB. But he had already had an interview with DHS and made claims of abuse, so he was setting the stage as far back as March.
I did note on the timeline on the first page that KK claimed she and PF began their affair in March, perhaps that was the point when he decided to cut KB out of the picture? Or maybe he began the affair with KK to begin to manipulate her into killing KB?
KB bought her home in April, was she living with PF until that time and had moved out, thereby separating him from his child?
I don't know, but I have a suspicion that whatever drove this can be traced back to something that happened in just before that March DHS interview.

What March DHS interview?

The only March is when this was filed? see attached.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...otion for Disclosure and Protective Order.pdf

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-121521_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190330-121521_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 6
I know the Daily Mail says that PF reported KB to DHS, but that is not what the motion says. While he's the most likely culprit, the document does not say who reported or when they reported.

From the motion filed March 20, 2019: "The records relate to the charged crimes in this case, and include extensive interviews documenting statements made by the Defendant and witnesses in this case."
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/P-9 People's Notice of Department of Human Services Records in the District Attorney's Possession and Motion for Disclosure and Protective Order.pdf

MOO

Pommy, thanks for the clarification ... I am so far behind on everything, but I always know there are people like you who keep us on track :)

JMO and curiosity.
She would not have been told where the allegations were coming from. CPS will only tell you there are allegations, but not where they came from.

Some of us have said this countless times. But go back to that supposed first solicitation. A friend/lover/family member/coworker, take your choice, solicits you to commit a murder for him because he hates this person, because she abuses his child, because he wants control, because she is in your way of happiness, take your pick, what do you say to that person?

Sweetie, I need to check my calendar. Sure I can do that. Let’s shoot for October and if that doesn’t work I will drive 800 miles again in November. But oh, I cannot get off on Thanksgiving, being a kind loving nurse and all.

All of us would run screaming like a house on fire straight to LE.

This woman is a cold hearted, jealous, in-heat dog. She just keeps trying to help him and even shares this with her friends.
Yes she is capable of murder. She is culpable of a lot of things.

But where did this idea of murder come from? Who had the most to gain? Who hates KB the most? Who had the relationship with her? Who told all the lies about the relationship?

Yes it was PF. The same one who solicited KK in the first place. He is in jail. She got caught trying to cover for him. She is horrible. He is the murderer.

I'm sorry, and I know this is no laughing matter, but SO and I can't help but appreciate your black humor. Thank you.

Where are you reading that the DHS interview took place in March? I still don't see that anywhere. MOO
OH! Wait a second, is the article from The Gazette stating the March 2oth filing was the DHS initial receipt of allegations or was that the date of the filing from the DA to keep the DHS records closed to the public? I assumed the March 20 date was in reference to initial filings made by PF in his allegations to DHS, but now that I've re-read it it seems that the March 20 date is in reference to filings with the court made by the DA to seal those DHS records. Poop. So the March 20 is DA filing with the court?

OH! Wait a second, is the article from The Gazette stating the March 2oth filing was the DHS initial receipt of allegations or was that the date of the filing from the DA to keep the DHS records closed to the public? I assumed the March 20 date was in reference to initial filings made by PF in his allegations to DHS, but now that I've re-read it it seems that the March 20 date is in reference to filings with the court made by the DA to seal those DHS records. Poop. So the March 20 is DA filing with the court?

I know I'm probably rehashing old turf, but are you guys as surprised as I about just how many times KK drove 800 miles in this mess? I stress about driving the 20 miles to town down a curvy canyon, and KK just pops into her vehicle (or someone else's) and troops on over to Colorado. That last trip was a doozie tho and apparently grounded her in Idaho.

The state's motion was filed March 20, 2019. The motion does not say when the report was made to DHS or who reported to them, just that it includes extensive interviews and statements made by the defendant and witnesses in this case. MOO

The state's motion was filed March 20, 2019. The motion does not say when the report was made to DHS or who reported to them, just that it includes extensive interviews and statements made by the defendant and witnesses in this case. MOO
Yes, I totally goofed on that one. Thanks for the quick catch on it before it totally got off the rails!

I know I'm probably rehashing old turf, but are you guys as surprised as I about just how many times KK drove 800 miles in this mess? I stress about driving the 20 miles to town down a curvy canyon, and KK just pops into her vehicle (or someone else's) and troops on over to Colorado. That last trip was a doozie tho and apparently grounded her in Idaho.
Very surprised! That is a very, very long drive. I had to Google. It's almost the length of California, farther than Eureka to San Diego, which is 764 miles! Personally, I cannot imagine making several road trips of that length. KKL missed her calling; she should have been a long-haul trucker. MOO

Very surprised! That is a very, very long drive. I had to Google. It's almost the length of California, farther than Eureka to San Diego, which is 764 miles! Personally, I cannot imagine making several road trips of that length. KKL missed her calling; she should have been a long-haul trucker. MOO

RBBM

Long-haul trucking may be one of the very, very few job options open to her when her nursing license terminates.

Now, there's a thought!

Based on some cursory online research, it looks like some trucking companies hire felons.
KK will likely be pursuing a second career here shortly. Long hauls are clearly her forte.

There are those nifty CB radio thingys in the 18-wheelers, so she won't even have to worry about carrying a murder victim's cell phone with her to send/receive bogus texts.

Also, there are probably plenty of Sonic drive-thrus located right off those major interstate exits, so that'd be an added incentive.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members