CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo ..... we need a new weather person for Fountain, Co landfill area!

Jessica Van Meter‏ @jessicav_wx
:( So long for now, Colorado! Thanks for 3 fantastic years.

D272FoOUYAALMLe.jpg

1:58 PM - 30 Mar 2019 pst

His next appearance is his arraignment on April 5th.

My guess is this takes well over a year from now to go to trial (looking at recent Colorado murder cases as a guide).

Ah, so next week he pleads not guilty and then it's on. Why the heck does it take a year? I guess he's not demanding his right to speedy trial.

I know I'm probably rehashing old turf, but are you guys as surprised as I about just how many times KK drove 800 miles in this mess? I stress about driving the 20 miles to town down a curvy canyon, and KK just pops into her vehicle (or someone else's) and troops on over to Colorado. That last trip was a doozie tho and apparently grounded her in Idaho.
I am with you on this. There is no damn way I am driving up and back that many times to either kill or clean up after anyone that killed someone. A simpler solution would be to recognize what a sick, evil, vile animal he is, smack myself upside the head for missing cues to his character, and call the police. I just can't imagine anyone normal or sane doing this for love. Just to get rid of the mother of his child because he didn't want to deal with her anymore.

RBBM

Long-haul trucking may be one of the very, very few job options open to her when her nursing license terminates.

I hope she takes s job as a long haul trucker. Thst way the dad can keep main custody of the kids

I really don’t like wishing for a mother to lose primary custody. But I can’t get over the facts as we know them and imagining that she was mothering young children at the time.
Kisses her kids goodbye on Yhanksgiving Eve and then leaves them to go clean up blood and brain tissue of her love rival?

Did she bring her kids some gifts from her little vacation?

I just don’t believe she can be a loving mother while simultaneously planning another mother’s brutal murder

I believe the documents you are referring to are KK’s statements that PF told her KB had abused the baby, and gave examples, which KK did not think were plausable. KK did not believe PF, per her testimony, under oath.

The only verified report to CPS was made by a nurse after the birth of the baby, and were concerns about PF and his conduct at the hospital. The current news reports are speculation (sensationalizing, IMHO) about what is in the DHS report.

DHS’s reports and court hearings are generally not open to the public. Keeping the records sealed would follow normal guidelines regarding proceedings, findings, and witnesses.

I believe we can assume, since no criminal charges were filed, and custody was not taken away from KB, that all concerns regarding the parenting abilities of KB were unfounded. We do not, however, know if any restrictions, anger management, parenting classes, supervised visitation, etc. were ordered for PF or KB, because these would be sealed.
I really do like your post, except the bolded part. The birth story about PF's alleged behavior was told by CB to LE and is documented as such in the search warrants. There is no verified report to CPS/DHS of the incident that has been told to the public. LE had plenty of time before the Prelim 2/19 to verify this story and they said nothing about it at that hearing. Maybe that incident report is what this new motion is about, or maybe not. JMO

I don't know who killed KB, PF, probably. But KK, what a horrible human being, to drive from ID to clean the mess. Can you imagine? I would not do it for a person who killed an animal, a bird, much less, a human.
He should go to prison, forever, as DP is a moot point these days. But KK's story and face should be known everywhere. She is true co-conspirator. It is sickening.
My dog is a bunny murderer and I’ve had to pick up dead baby bunnies around my house. So gross for me to even think about. And I would never have been able to eat anything afterward, much less Sonic

His next appearance is his arraignment on April 5th.

My guess is this takes well over a year from now to go to trial (looking at recent Colorado murder cases as a guide).

I had originally thought PF’s defense would want to go to trial quickly, before Kelsey’s body was found. But with so much other evidence against him, “no body” wouldn’t really matter. I was also worried about motive, but the latest news is giving traction to custody as a motive, the “Why”.

At trial, I hope Dan May focuses on the “How”.
Dig up and expose PF’s dangerous and violent side. Look at his past - every dog he kicked, every horse he beat. Not try to find the logic, just look at the anger, rage, and brutality. Don’t make it about Kelsey’s actions that gave him a reason. There is no reason.

I don’t want to give that one outlier on the jury a chance to identify with or sympathize with PF. Whether anyone pushed him to this, or he was torn between two women, or even custody. Nope. This was all PF. Unstable, delusional and monstrous PF. For all we know, it really was because she forgot the pecans and he finally went into an unhinged rage.

Maybe he should plead insanity.

That might actually be the closest thing to the truth.

This isn’t new, it’s just the sharing of these files is.

My guess is that PF or someone close to him, (falsely) reported Kelsey for abuse last summer. This likely would have been in an effort to obtain full custody.

When this failed to work, PF began his plot to obtain custody through more nefarious means.
His motive just becomes more and more clear.

Ladies, if your long-distance booty call "boyfriend" asks you to kill the mother of his child, the obvious answer is ohHELLno. MOO
What is the point of a long distance booty call boyfriend? That in itself seems to be more trouble than it's worth. :eek: Then he asks you to kill the mother of his child? ohHELLno is right. o_O

I do not think the DHS reports are necessarily a complaint against KB. I think they quite possibly are the complaint made by nursing staff regarding PF and his conduct towards KB and nursing staff. The court documents say, “include extensive interviews documenting statements made by the Defendant and witnesses in this case.” It does not say regarding complaint filed against KB.

Excellent catch. I think you are onto something....

ETA, the reference could be documents for placement of little KB ?

So, three options. Two of which we know folks would have been interviewed. But for the placement of little KB, would the defendant have been interviewed for that one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-121521_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190330-121521_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I do not think the DHS reports are necessarily a complaint against KB. I think they quite possibly are the complaint made by nursing staff regarding PF and his conduct towards KB and nursing staff. The court documents say, “include extensive interviews documenting statements made by the Defendant and witnesses in this case.” It does not say regarding complaint filed against KB.

I agree. This could be nothing more than corroborating CB's account of when the baby was born and PF's behavior, which they would do I would think. It in no way says it is a different incident and in no way says the witnesses are witnesses on behalf of PF. It could relate to the only incident reported we know of which is that one, or something reported we do not know of. There is no way of telling.

The little we know of what PF claimed via KK is a curling iron, refrigerator door, etc. At no time was there a reference to witnesses of those things as I recall. The only witnesses they could conjure up would likely be hearsay witnesses.

The hospital incident makes as much or more sense than that, we know there were witnesses.

imo.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but in this recent Colorado Springs Gazette article from March 29th, it says that fragments of Kelsey’s phone were found in KK’s front yard. Is this new information, (is it from court documents) that we haven’t heard of before?

BBM
“At an evidentiary hearing in February, authorities alleged that an Idaho nurse who was having an affair with Frazee said he confessed to her that he killed Berreth with a baseball bat. Frazee directed the woman to clean up Berreth’s Woodland Park townhouse afterward, she said.”

“Fragments of a cellphone were found in the nurse’s front yard, consistent with where she said she had burned Berreth’s phone at Frazee’s urging.”

Prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth case want DHS records kept secret

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but in this recent Colorado Springs Gazette article from March 29th, it says that fragments of Kelsey’s phone were found in KK’s front yard. Is this new information, (is it from court documents) that we haven’t heard of before?

BBM
“At an evidentiary hearing in February, authorities alleged that an Idaho nurse who was having an affair with Frazee said he confessed to her that he killed Berreth with a baseball bat. Frazee directed the woman to clean up Berreth’s Woodland Park townhouse afterward, she said.”

“Fragments of a cellphone were found in the nurse’s front yard, consistent with where she said she had burned Berreth’s phone at Frazee’s urging.”

IIRC, KK stated that she took what was left and disposed of it at the hospital where she worked. This is the first time I saw this reported.

IIRC, KK stated that she took what was left and disposed of it at the hospital where she worked. This is the first time I saw this reported.

She got rid of so many phones, etc. it is hard to keep it straight. Much less her statements.

This is the first time I have ever heard this though, it is new it seems. I wonder if there are enough fragments to determine what kind of phone it was definitively.

They’re both sane, but they aren’t normal.

Two people who care only about themselves and their needs.

One battered a woman to death; the other cleaned up her blood and went to Sonic.

They deserve each other.

BBM

I'm not sure that fragments were found. I know that she said that.

Is The Gazette an investigative journalist media Source?

Or did they misinterpret what was stated?.

Sometimes, media misinterprets and folks from here have questioned them, and then cleared it up.

Has anybody contacted the reporter?

I have never seen this anywhere else, or perhaps I have just forgotten?

KK on skates. Thanks for that image!

Yikes! And LOL! Skates could be dangerous for a person of her...age (I can say this because I'm older than she is). Perhaps she would be better suited for a secret-shopper type job. ;)

I truly hope her RN licensure has already been yanked, and that she's never eligible to hold any licensure/certification in ANY medical aspect (LPN, CNA, medical office assistant, phlebotomist, lab tech, X-ray tech, EKG tech, sheet folder at the laundry, medical records clerk/tech, dietary assistant/tech, pathology assistant/tech, morgue assistant, and anything/everything else). IMO.

TL;DR: KK's RN license needs to be permantly revoked and she needs to never work in any medical/healthcare setting ever again, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76