Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original video (one posted on a fb page) may have been a little clearer. That was where it was originally brought to my attention and multiple people were convinced it is a female who does a hair flip as the bright light flashes and illuminates the front passenger seat for a very brief moment.

Initially, pages ago, I thought there was a face in the passenger seat. But as I went over it over and over I believe I was seeing the shadow of the right shoulder of the passenger seat with the yellowish light from the street light, and a shadow from the door pillar.

In the photo you show, Sami's face is visible in the back as she enters, but I can't make out any shape in either of the front seats.

I just hate going back to look at these photos over again. I'm convinced she would have been safe in the Uber probably less than a minute later. *Sadness*

When I look at the video from the car when it is waiting to make the turn, I don't see a second silhouette in the front seat. As that person would be closer to us, they would appear to be slightly larger than the driver, and I just don't see it. But I do see the baby car seat in the back.

When I look at the video from the car when it is waiting to make the turn, I don't see a second silhouette in the front seat. As that person would be closer to us, they would appear to be slightly larger than the driver, and I just don't see it. But I do see the baby car seat in the back.
Law enforcement would have enhanced and picked this video apart.

If there was another person in that car, they would probably know.

This seems like a one man mission to me.

I will never understand the need to kill a woman for sex, or rejection or whatever “reason” these men come up with...was thinking about this last night before I had even heard of her murder; nearly all other crimes leave victims with at least a chance of recovery and moving forward...but to steal their lives as well, who do these murderers think they are?

It is incomprehensible...I know I am rambling. But last night I was kept awake all night in my apartment, due to a car full of partiers with booming music just outside my bedroom window from 2:30 until 4:00 am and much as I wanted to, never really considered asking them to keep it down, for fear of my life...you just never know. I did not even dare call security as he is just one unarmed guy and would never have forgiven myself if he had been assaulted or worse. Spur of the moment violence is terrifying and seems to be everywhere.

Anyway...forgive my off-topic rant but am heartbroken over Samantha’s murder, as well as far too many other women.

About the best I can do with Paint. Some glare from the headlights, I can't make out what's going on inside the car.

Slightly more central in the front seat area is a pale area that is thinner on top, almost like a head. I actually think it's the light from the streetlight hitting the left edge of the passenger seat. It does look slightly human-shaped, but it's really close to the center of the vehicle and not in the middle of the front passenger seat. I assume he has a black interior and upholstry color, so the rest of the seat outline doesn't show up.

The description of her injuries sound as though they were inflicted by a sharp weapon like a knife.

The lack of a gun also makes me think Rowlands has been a stalker, but not a killer before. And that he panics when he can't control the victim.

Earlier I would have sworn that this was a case of an uber driver being a murderer, or working together to pick up girls and this one led to murder, or a person that Samantha knew whose car she got into. Now that I know that this was a crime of opportunity it still shocks me that this played out the way that it did. So many things had to be just so in order for Samantha to have gotten in that car. This really makes me fear for the young women & men out there who depend on ride shares to get from one place to another.

The description of her injuries sound as though they were inflicted by a sharp weapon like a knife.

The lack of a gun also makes me think Rowlands has been a stalker, but not a killer before. And that he panics when he can't control the victim.
Yeah, this was about as sloppy as it gets.

That wreaks of first time killer to me.

In many cases, there is a precipitating stressor prior to crimes like this. I’m guessing that he had a fight with a girlfriend (or something along those lines) before this happened.

Drug use is also possible, but this probably didn’t come out of nowhere.

Slightly more central in the front seat area is a pale area that is thinner on top, almost like a head. I actually think it's the light from the streetlight hitting the left edge of the passenger seat. It does look slightly human-shaped, but it's really close to the center of the vehicle and not in the middle of the front passenger seat. I assume he has a black interior and upholstry color, so the rest of the seat outline doesn't show up.

One of the selfie pics on his SM account shows a tan interior.

I will never understand the need to kill a woman for sex, or rejection or whatever “reason” these men come up with...was thinking about this last night before I had even heard of her murder; nearly all other crimes leave victims with at least a chance of recovery and moving forward...but to steal their lives as well, who do these murderers think they are?

It is incomprehensible...I know I am rambling. But last night I was kept awake all night in my apartment, due to a car full of partiers with booming music just outside my bedroom window from 2:30 until 4:00 am and much as I wanted to, never really considered asking them to keep it down, for fear of my life...you just never know. I did not even dare call security as he is just one unarmed guy and would never have forgiven myself if he had been assaulted or worse. Spur of the moment violence is terrifying and seems to be everywhere.

Anyway...forgive my off-topic rant but am heartbroken over Samantha’s murder, as well as far too many other women.

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, we all now think twice before doing something to upbraid someone for their bad behaviour. Fear of retribution. Just keep your head down and keep out of it is the survival mantra.

On other posting boards, I'm just astonished at the casual hookups and risks women are taking thanks to the internet "dating" world out there. Then there's that thin veneer of safety that being in an establishment of higher learning brings. And the ready access to alcohol, drugs, and independence. Take a look at the WS topics - random senseless accidents and encounters with killers. Predators have always existed, and in many eons women and families of lesser status were powerless to protest.

We have some advances: We do have laws, we do have law enforcement technologies, we do have ways of alerting people of dangerous behaviours and situations.

Initially, pages ago, I thought there was a face in the passenger seat. But as I went over it over and over I believe I was seeing the shadow of the right shoulder of the passenger seat with the yellowish light from the street light, and a shadow from the door pillar.

In the photo you show, Sami's face is visible in the back as she enters, but I can't make out any shape in either of the front seats.

I just hate going back to look at these photos over again. I'm convinced she would have been safe in the Uber probably less than a minute later. *Sadness*
In my opinion, I don't think the face in the still frame is Sami. She is in the back. As the front passenger does a hair flip with her right hand, Sami is simultaneously closing the car door with what would have probably been her right hand. It is impossible, I believe, for these two things to happen at the same time. The image is of somebody in the front seat, otherwise the glare of the light on the face would not have been visible. In full speed it seems more obvious to me. It is just a coincidence he is riding around the very next night at 3AM in the same area with a female passenger while there is blood all over the inside of the car???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288