Found Deceased Canada - Joshua Bennett, 31, was bowling with friends, Langford, BC, 9 Mar 2019

We talked about the water here nearby in the beginning of this thread. When it's present in the area, it's always something to consider because of the pattern of young men, leaving some sort or bar or club (bowling alley in this case), and disappearing. Sad.

And Glen Lake is right in between the bowling alley and his friend's place where he was supposedly heading which is about a 30 minute walk. It's not quite a direct path but if he tried to take a short cut thru the residential area the lake would have been directly in front of him.

Found deceased :(

The West Shore RCMP has confirmed the body found at Glen Lake in Greater Victoria on Sunday was missing Langford man Joshua Bennett.

Officers were advised that human remains had been discovered in the lake by a member of the public around 4:45 p.m.

According to a statement released by the RCMP, the investigation is ongoing although there are no obvious signs of foul play.

The Bennett family has been notified.

“Our deepest sympathies are with them at this time,” said Const. Nancy Saggar, media relations officer for the West Shore RCMP.

A family member also confirmed on Facebook Monday morning that Bennett had been found dead.

Reed Bennett posted just before 6 a.m. on Monday that the RCMP had located his great-nephew, who had passed away.
https://www.houston-today.com/news/body-of-missing-31-year-old-man-found-in-b-c-lake/

Ugh - tragedy!

I wish for more happy endings in these cases. This reminds me of another person in Vancouver; I think he had been out with friends downtown, disappeared. It took awhile, but he was found in the water. Too common.

Deepest sympathies are with the Bennett family, although nothing can heal the pain they're bound to be experiencing at this time.

Ugh - tragedy!

I wish for more happy endings in these cases. This reminds me of another person in Vancouver; I think he had been out with friends downtown, disappeared. It took awhile, but he was found in the water. Too common.

Deepest sympathies are with the Bennett family, although nothing can heal the pain they're bound to be experiencing at this time.
I would need many more hands and feet to count on fingers and toes how many times this has happened all over the US. Puzzling connection. If accidental, then I like to believe that if the water were not there, the person would be safe, that they stumbled into it and were not able to survive the depth, or cold temps.. Of course, some are suicide and the water is conveniently there. JMO

Another young man found dead in a body of water. I thought Glen Lake had been searched shortly after Joshua went missing but I could be wrong about that. I guess it takes time for the body to float to the surface of the water. I was hoping for a better outcome for Joshua but as time passed by I knew chances of a good outcome was not good. RIP Joshua.

Another young man found dead in a body of water. I thought Glen Lake had been searched shortly after Joshua went missing but I could be wrong about that. I guess it takes time for the body to float to the surface of the water. I was hoping for a better outcome for Joshua but as time passed by I knew chances of a good outcome was not good. RIP Joshua.
Yes, according to article cited in post #47 upthread, divers had searched this lake. Other posters commented that Glen Lake was shallow and reedy, and also difficult to fall into due to railings and difficult access. Has COD, been revealed yet? And/or any info on how long he may have been in the water? I may have missed that.

I'm really curious as to why the RCMP drone didn't find this poor soul? Even if they did, though, I reckon it would still have been too late. They haven't released cause of death yet but did suggest the death was not considered suspicious.

I'm really curious as to why the RCMP drone didn't find this poor soul? Even if they did, though, I reckon it would still have been too late. They haven't released cause of death yet but did suggest the death was not considered suspicious.
Seems more likely to be an accident, due to stumbling into a body of water at night, in the dark....or ...an intentional act. It did take quite a while to find him though, I agree. They had that area zeroed in on very early. JMO

Seems more likely to be an accident, due to stumbling into a body of water at night, in the dark....or ...an intentional act. It did take quite a while to find him though, I agree. They had that area zeroed in on very early. JMO
This really sounds so much like a pattern...I'm sure many of you know of the theory of the "smiley face killers" - where young men leave a group of friends after a night out and end up in a nearby river, lake, etc. I know that the FBI has dismissed this as a possibility to explain so many of these cases, but some of these cases are just eerie.

I also follow many cases in the UK, where many men go missing under similar circumstances because they have left their friends (for the evening or intending to return) and decide to relieve themselves in a nearby water source. I guess that there are many accidents that follow this pattern, especially if someone is tipsy or drunk, and LE knows this because the men are found with their files down on their pants. I never knew how common this actually was, but it does make sense.

So sad...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998