OH OH - Seth Svabik, 31, Youngstown, 9 January 2019

JanetElaine

Reaction score
50539589_2021703521232599_2218981607799259136_o.jpg

"If you have information related to this missing person please contact Liberty Tips line 330-539-9830 or send us a message on Facebook. All information will be considered confidential."

Liberty Police Department

"The Liberty Police Department describes Svabik as 6'2", 140lbs., with blue eyes and brown hair with a goatee. Police say that Svabik often wears a baseball cap, and has tattoos on his arms and hands. Svabik also has a gun tattoo on his stomach and a bottom lip piercing.

According to police, Svabik was last seen on foot in Libert Township around 8:30 pm on Wednesday, January 9 by the Motel 6. Police say that Svabik was acting paranoid and was asked to leave the hotel. "

Youngstown man missing

Wherever he is, if he's alive, I hope he has shelter. The area is expecting around a foot of snow later tonight into the weekend and very cold temps. I haven't read anything else about his case at all. Don't know if anyone is searching. If he's out there incapacitated or worse, it will be hard to find him after today for a while...

The Liberty Township Motel 6, where Seth was last seen, actually has a Youngstown address:

Google Maps
That isn't unusual. I have no idea why but many of the surrounding towns not located in Youngstown have Youngstown addresses. Youngstown is mostly located in Mahoning Co but a small part including Liberty Township is located in Trumbull Co. It is the same with many towns in Trumbull county. One can live in Howland but their address is Niles. Youngstown and Niles are considered the largest cities in each county.

You have to be seriously sketchy to be thrown out of a Motel Six, I'm afraid.

His last arrests were for DUI and for possession of drugs. https://eservices.girardmunicipalcourt.com/eservices/home.page.2 I'm guessing the paranoia was drug induced.
I would agree on both counts. The Girard court drug charge was dismissed but I am wondering if he ended up homeless after seeing he was convicted of numerous felony charges in the Trumbull Co court (2015CR0055). He was sentenced to prison in July 2017 for 18 months after several PV's. Not seeing any early release so thinking he would have been recently released when he disappeared. Possibly with no where to go.

Welcome Page - CourtView Justice Solutions

Hi - I posted a message on March 19th to Websleuths on Facebook (I think) regarding Seth Svabik. He is my stepson. Seth has been missing since Jan 9th. He was staying in a sober living facility in Niles, OH until he started to use again and they asked him to leave that day. He tried to get a room at Motel 6 on Belmont Avenue (Liberty township, OH) and was asked to leave because he was acting paranoid and under the influence. His Mom was talking to him right before he left that Motel and no one has heard from him since. His belongings were found across the street from that motel the next day (and thinking that someone would be back to pick them up) they didn't notify the police about finding his things until Friday Jan 11th. That is when we knew something happened because no family member had heard from Seth since the 9th. He always called his Mom or Dad when in trouble and needing help and he has never, ever left his belonging anywhere on purpose! Due to these strange circumstances (very unlike Seth), we feel that maybe he was taken from this area. If anyone might know something about Seth, please contact me or the Liberty Police Department. THANK YOU!

Hi - I posted a message on March 19th to Websleuths on Facebook (I think) regarding Seth Svabik. He is my stepson. Seth has been missing since Jan 9th. He was staying in a sober living facility in Niles, OH until he started to use again and they asked him to leave that day. He tried to get a room at Motel 6 on Belmont Avenue (Liberty township, OH) and was asked to leave because he was acting paranoid and under the influence. His Mom was talking to him right before he left that Motel and no one has heard from him since. His belongings were found across the street from that motel the next day (and thinking that someone would be back to pick them up) they didn't notify the police about finding his things until Friday Jan 11th. That is when we knew something happened because no family member had heard from Seth since the 9th. He always called his Mom or Dad when in trouble and needing help and he has never, ever left his belonging anywhere on purpose! Due to these strange circumstances (very unlike Seth), we feel that maybe he was taken from this area. If anyone might know something about Seth, please contact me or the Liberty Police Department. THANK YOU!
So sorry for your family. Is there any other info you can offer that might be helpful? So close to interstate 80 and lots of truckers etc coming and going to New York. Would he hitch a ride or does he have any friends in that direction? I'm not far to from that area & if memory serves some seedy things in those small trucker motels.

Have there been any official searches? SAR dogs?

Yes... there were search dogs but that didn’t happen until about a week - week and a half ago. They searched what is called Churchill Park - across from the motel. Nothing was found. That is a bad area what with being right off interstate 80, gas stations, restaurants and motels. In our opinion, the police didn’t look too hard since he is an addict with a long record...assuming he would just show up eventually. But as I mentioned...everything about what happened was not ordinary for Seth. He always called and dragged his belongings with him everywhere...he would not have left them unless he thought he would be back to get them. The only activity on his cell phone was voicemail. At least that is what we can figure out. He had MetroPcs and when asked - they didn’t really know what call type GSVO and Call Direction of 123 Outgoing meant. Just that is was voicemail related. That is the only thing showing on his phone records since. There has been no activity in his bank account since then either. His poster is on Facebook, Liberty Police Facebook, Local TV 27 website, and the Attorney General’s Missing Persons Page. We have received no tips, clues or anything. Seth is a good person who got caught up in drugs for most of his life. He always tried to get straight - many rehabs, etc - but the draw of drugs always got the best of him. It is just so hard not knowing what happened - it has been way too long!
Thank you all for your concern and help!

Yes... there were search dogs but that didn’t happen until about a week - week and a half ago. They searched what is called Churchill Park - across from the motel. Nothing was found. That is a bad area what with being right off interstate 80, gas stations, restaurants and motels. In our opinion, the police didn’t look too hard since he is an addict with a long record...assuming he would just show up eventually. But as I mentioned...everything about what happened was not ordinary for Seth. He always called and dragged his belongings with him everywhere...he would not have left them unless he thought he would be back to get them. The only activity on his cell phone was voicemail. At least that is what we can figure out. He had MetroPcs and when asked - they didn’t really know what call type GSVO and Call Direction of 123 Outgoing meant. Just that is was voicemail related. That is the only thing showing on his phone records since. There has been no activity in his bank account since then either. His poster is on Facebook, Liberty Police Facebook, Local TV 27 website, and the Attorney General’s Missing Persons Page. We have received no tips, clues or anything. Seth is a good person who got caught up in drugs for most of his life. He always tried to get straight - many rehabs, etc - but the draw of drugs always got the best of him. It is just so hard not knowing what happened - it has been way too long!
Thank you all for your concern and help!
Thanks for the reply. One of my 1st thoughts what you described. The response of LE considering drug use and record and it is so wrong. Drugs are a huge problem there and there is little "real" help with many failed attempts because of it. Media can be your best friend if family think it would be helpful but they often times need nudged a bit. I did see the media you spoke of BTW. Has LE attained his actual phone records? Maybe call MetroPCS and ask what GVSO a23 means. I looked it up and found a little info but links aren't official so I can't post. I read it's calling VM but some other things as well.

I am so sorry Seth's family has to go through this. I've been through this with a family member...it is such an emotional roller coaster. But you love them you can't give up hope....

Though they may not release any information, I'm assuming that you've checked with his previous rehab facilities? Local hospitals? Homeless shelters?

Prayers that you find him safe and sound.

SuzyQ1021 I'm sorry to hear about the lackluster search efforts. I can't believe they didn't use dogs until almost two months after Seth went missing! That just makes me mad. And then just searching Churchill Park doesn't do a thing... Do you know why they searched there? I mean there's so many wooded areas all around, not huge woods but plenty big enough that if they searched the park, they should search there too if it was just a random choice.

Have family and friends done any private searches? I know the area but am not there right now. It would be a good idea IMO to distribute flyers at the big trucker areas in Hubbard and Salt Springs Road, and even by the 46. Not a lot of semis get off in Liberty compared to there. Ask them to spread the word and keep their eyes open. Most will be happy to help and we did locate a missing girl that way a few years ago.

If Seth was taken somewhere, as you say that's a bad area to vanish from... as in, you can go basically anywhere from there without being noticed. Even if he just disappeared into Youngstown there are so many places he could be. Keep trying to be the squeaky wheel with media and police!

Welcome @SuzyQ1021 !

Since you are so close to this disappearance you may be interested in becoming a Verified insider.
"The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or a suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, (I.e., a private investigator), can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider."
As such you can provide information that doesn't require MSM or LE links and carries more weight other than rumor.

Please contact Websleuths to become verified . Read about it here - CASE INSIDERS (scroll down)
And follow the process here - Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Again, Welcome and best of luck.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj