Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steleheart

Reaction score
Police 'working tirelessly' as search for missing Leah Croucher is stepped up

"Leah was last seen by family on Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, in Milton Keynes at around 10pm on Thursday (14/2) and was reported missing the next day.

Since the investigation began, a confirmed sighting of Leah was reported on Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, just after 8.15am on Friday (15/2), walking in the direction of Loxbeare Drive and Chaffron Way.

We would urge anyone who was in that area at the same time and may have seen her to get in touch.

Leah is white, of a slim build with below shoulder length brown hair and sometimes wears glasses.

She was last seen dressed in a black coat, skinny black jeans and black Converse high top shoes and was carrying a small black rucksack.

Leah is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill."

Thread #1

Last edited:
Lake searched in missing teen case

"Police investigating the disappearance of a teenager have begun searching a lake in the area she was last spotted.

Leah Croucher, 19, was last seen by her family in Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes at about 22:00 GMT on Thursday.

Police have released CCTV of her walking down Buzzacott Lane in Furzton at about 08:15 on Friday, believed to be in the direction of her work.

Ch Insp Neil Kentish said a lack of family contact was "highly unusual".

He added that police were keeping an "open mind" about what may have happened to Ms Croucher."

_105702981_62f61bbf-0509-4e05-ab0c-17d73e8e42ee.jpg

When did Leah Croucher go missing and where was she last seen?

[...]

Where was she last seen?
Leah was last seen in Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley, in Milton Keynes.

Investigating officers have now discovered CCTV footage of Leah in Buzzacott Lane on Friday, February 15.

She was walking in the direction of Loxbeare Drive and Chaffron Way

Leah is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill.

On February 19, police searched Furzton Lake as her family appealed for her to come home.

[...]

Why didn't Leah's colleague ring her dad early in the day when Leah hadn't turned up for work, why leave it until 5pm, esp as Leah walks alone to work and had no history of just not turning up. It was always standard practice anywhere I worked to try contact someone who hadn't turned up and if they weren't contactable, to contact their emergency contact.

I'm not a parent, so I don't know how parents react in these situations but I find it strange that after discovering Leah hadn't turned up for work that day, wasn't contactable by phone and had very obviously left the house that morning ( her bed was made, her door was open) to walk to work alone, her family waited until she hadn't come home for dinner at 8.30pm to raise the alarm.

Do people really ask her parents questions like 'are you hoping to find her alive'?! I know people can be insensitive but that would really be appalling!

I'm not a parent, so I don't know how parents react in these situations but I find it strange that after discovering Leah hadn't turned up for work that day, wasn't contactable by phone and had very obviously left the house that morning ( her bed was made, her door was open) to walk to work alone, her family waited until she hadn't come home for dinner at 8.30pm to raise the alarm.

Do people really ask her parents questions like 'are you hoping to find her alive'?! I know people can be insensitive but that would really be appalling!
I think part of the delay is down to denial of the situation. I had a friend die in a car accident a few years ago - he was supposed to meet his mum to go shopping, but she hadn't heard anything and was ringing around friends to find out where he was. Right up until I got the call to tell me he died (approximately four hours later), I was sending him random texts asking whether he was hung over or if he forgot he was supposed to be meeting his mum. It never occurred to me that something untoward could've happened.

Different with a child, I know, but if she had previously been to a friend's house without letting anyone know, I wouldn't find it strange that they would assume she'd be home for dinner even with the knowledge that she'd missed work.

People are unthinkingly cruel sometimes, I'm not surprised they've had people ask this.

Her parents also mention that her work once made the mistake of thinking she didn't turn up when in reality she was on holiday leave. They did say they started to panic when they found out she wasn't on holiday, so maybe they were hoping that there was some sort of error? And if Leah only lives with her parents and they need to leave before 7:30am, there would be no way of knowing whether she actually left in the morning or later in the day.

Considering they only found out around 5pm and they both needed time to get home, idk if they actually waited all that long in total.

I am concerned and preoccupied about this incident 4 months previous, a 14 year old girl reportedly pulled into a van and kept for hours.

The similarities are striking IMO
Girl, 14, bundled off street into van in terrifying three-hour kidnap ordeal

There are multiple sources of the same story.

Edited to add- The Proximity is the factor that strikes me the most and that this 14 year old girl was walking through an underpass in daylight.

I still doubt the idea of a van or car driver being able to grab her and force her into a vehicle owing to her martial arts skills, he would need a taser or something to stand even half a chance and even then he would have to tie her up or he is toast soon as she comes round

Only possible ideas to me are:

Gone off grid on her own choice (unlikely without money),

Knows someone on the route to work possibly from her martial arts club, and went to his house for a pre arranged meet and things went badly wrong

Killed by a stranger (bashed over the head) while walking and thrown into the river (would have been found by now surely)

I think 2 is most likely

I still doubt the idea of a van or car driver being able to grab her and force her into a vehicle owing to her martial arts skills, he would need a taser or something to stand even half a chance and even then he would have to tie her up or he is toast soon as she comes round

Knows someone on the route to work possibly from her martial arts club, and went to his house for a pre arranged meet and things went badly wrong

Killed by a stranger (bashed over the head) while walking and thrown into the river (would have been found by now surely)

I think 2 is most likely

I agree it's unlikely Leah vanished of her own accord.

Does she know anyone who lives on her routes to work, have any any of the houses in that area been searched?

I think 2 is most likely

I think surprise grab from behind and martial arts can completely go out the window. Add a second perp even more so. She's a shy young woman who excelled in a sport with very defined rules.

For me it's either a surprise grab from a stranger or someone she knows well enough to get into a vehicle voluntarily.

I am concerned and preoccupied about this incident 4 months previous, a 14 year old girl reportedly pulled into a van and kept for hours.

The similarities are striking IMO
Girl, 14, bundled off street into van in terrifying three-hour kidnap ordeal

There are multiple sources of the same story.

Edited to add- The Proximity is the factor that strikes me the most and that this 14 year old girl was walking through an underpass in daylight.

This has also bothered me. There doesn't seem to be a follow up of that story which could either mean there was no resolution or perhaps they didn't think it actually happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23