UNSOLVED NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Woman’s discarded clothing balled up in the woods was found in Fair Lawn in Bergen County.

The garments, a pair of size 28 jeans, a 36D bra, a Ralph Lauren Polo-brand T-shirt and underwear, had been cut. Every single article was clothing had been cut in a way to suggest it was cut off whoever was wearing it.

While one theory could be that it was done by a paramedic treating an accident victim, police noted that the items seemed to have been deliberately bunched up and placed at the spot where they were found, rather than being dragged by animals or blown by the wind. The items were several hundred feet from Route 208.

Z34EBCA34NFG3M6EUKSOVR4NM4.jpg
MWPUCPM4TNCA3KKU7ORZZSY4YA.jpg

Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods around N.J. neighborhood

womens_clothes_fair_lawn_wooded_area_found_near_route_208-1553625414-9309.jpg

The Fair Lawn Police Department took possession of the clothes, but did not say if they were connected to anything or anyone, specifically.

"They cannot be sent anywhere or tested until they can be attached to a victim or a crime," said Sgt. Brian Metzler. "So until somebody comes up with any information, we can't do anything like that. We'll just hang on to them."

Bergen County Sheriff's Department spokesman Derek Sands said he was not aware of the incident and had no immediate comment. DNA and other tests cannot be performed on the clothes yet.

Pile Of Women's Clothes Near Fair Lawn Home Baffles Residents

Last edited:
womens_clothes_fair_lawn_wooded_area_found_near_route_208-1553625414-9309.jpg

"They cannot be sent anywhere or tested until they can be attached to a victim or a crime," said Sgt. Brian Metzler. "So until somebody comes up with any information, we can't do anything like that. We'll just hang on to them."

It seems like they either have reason to be concerned and test them or not. But to need to have a particular crime in mind to test them? That just smacks of stupid bureaucracy.

Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods around N.J. neighborhood
They cannot be sent anywhere or tested until they can be attached to a victim or a crime," said Sgt. Brian Metzler. "So until somebody comes up with any information, we can't do anything like that. We'll just hang on to them."

Bergen County Sheriff's Department spokesman Derek Sands said he was not aware of the incident and had no immediate comment. DNA and other tests cannot be performed on the clothes yet.

At least the person who found them did the right thing in posting the pictures on FB and contacting authorities. I've seen so many posts online in various places saying they found a skull and took it home to keep it as a deco object etc etc and so on.

sbm
They cannot be sent anywhere or tested until they can be attached to a victim or a crime," said Sgt. Brian Metzler. "So until somebody comes up with any information, we can't do anything like that. We'll just hang on to them."
Can someone like DNA Doe project step in here when red tape forbids LE to do it? Would they be allowed access to the clothes? Wouldn't cutting someones clothing including the string of their panties amount to an obvious crime? Clearly the owner of the clothing needs to be found.

Thank you @JerseyGirl for making the thread, this is all over my Facebook.

1b040935-e2b6-44e0-b056-99ac7e4901b9-55244441_10217653806472529_8275954207576555520_n.jpg

a64f94f5-4444-47c3-9b44-11b2da3fa9ff-53921541_10217653805392502_6545013255494959104_n.jpg

Fair Lawn police say that the clothes were cut. The shirt and bra were cut right down the middle. Police were called to investigate and recovered four items of clothing – a shirt, bra, pair of jeans and underwear.

Police say that the clothes were found near 11th Street and Route 208.

Police seek information on woman’s torn clothes found in the woods

Fair Lawn Police had received several calls from out-of-state missing persons cases since the discovery was announced, including cases in Ohio, South Carolina and Connecticut.

Simply Bizarre Or Something ‘Sinister?’ Discovery Of Torn Women’s Clothes On Property Leaves N.J. Man ‘Unsettled’

Last edited:
Just a quick look around the web and does not appear that these clothes were cheap. Goldsign jeans appear to have been manufactured since 2005. Size 28 European looks to be a size 6 US. Anyone know how to tell the inseam and/or possible height of whomever wore them?

Just a quick look around the web and does not appear that these clothes were cheap. Goldsign jeans appear to have been manufactured since 2005. Size 28 European looks to be a size 6 US. Anyone know how to tell the inseam and/or possible height of whomever wore them?

I found their website: The Brand | Goldsign Denim

"Originally founded in 2005, GOLDSIGN was re-launched and envisioned in 2016 under Creative Director Karen Phelps..."

I'm thinking since it says they were relaunched in 2016 this pair was probably made recently (i.e. after 2016). There is also a list of retailers: Stockist | Goldsign Denim

No stores in New Jersey and only one in New York but it's sort of far away in East Hampton:
Google Maps

real strange.... I wonder if someone thought it would be a funny prank? I know when I worked in retail we had to cut up clothes that were returned for disposal. A lot of times we'd cut the bras and shirts up the front like that. When they say it was stained, are they implying it was blood-stained?

I found their website: The Brand | Goldsign Denim

"Originally founded in 2005, GOLDSIGN was re-launched and envisioned in 2016 under Creative Director Karen Phelps..."

I'm thinking since it says they were relaunched in 2016 this pair was probably made recently (i.e. after 2016). There is also a list of retailers: Stockist | Goldsign Denim

No stores in New Jersey and only one in New York but it's sort of far away in East Hampton:
Google Maps

Yeah east Hampton is hours away from fair lawn. Maybe the jeans were a thrift store or internet purchase?

Size 28 in jeans usually refers to the waist measurement. Where do you see that it's European? I might have missed it so sorry if you already said...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back