Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 #2

worldwatcher

Reaction score
Where is Rebecca Reusch?

Since the morning of February 18, a 15-year-old girl,Rebecca Reusch went missing.
Rebecca R. was on that day in the apartment of her sister in Maurerweg in Berlin-Britz and should have actually appeared at 9.50 clock in the school in the Fritz-Erler-Allee for teaching. But she never arrived there.
Since then ,every trace of her is missing with no indications of the young woman.
The police can no longer rule out that the girl was a victim of crime, since Friday, the homicide has taken over the investigation.

vermisst-schuelerin-rebecca-in-berlin-verschwunden-mordkommission-ermittelt-zr-11795231.html

Police publish personal description of Rebecca:
15 -18 years
170-180 cm tall
slim figure
brown, shoulder-length hair

Police is asking the public for help to locate the 15 year old:
- Who saw Rebecca Reusch on the morning of 18 February 2019 in the area between Maurerweg and Fritz-Erler Allee?
-Who else has seen or been in contact with her after 18 February 2019?

die-seit-tagen-vermisste-rebecca-reusch-die-polizei-bittet-die-bevoelkerung-um-hinweise-.jpg

Rebecca was dressed as follows:
► pink plush jacket

► white hoodie with inscription "RAP MONSTER"

► blue jeans with torn knees

► black / white sports shoes of the brand "VANS"

► large beige-pink handbag

► red backpack

rebecca-2_1550943647-768x432.jpg

The Third Homicide Commission accepts the Land Criminal Police Office, Keithstraße 30 in 10787 Berlin, by calling (030) 4664-911333 or by e-mail (lka113-hinweis@polizei.berlin.de) or any other police station.

source:
Vermisst! Rebecca (15) in Berlin verschwunden, Mordkommission ermittelt | Welt
Bislang 17 Hinweise zu vermisster Rebecca aus Rudow
Fahndung: Rebecca (15) aus Berlin wird seit vier Tagen vermisst

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappeared Rebecca: urgent appeal to Berlin police chief

Berlin -
Rebecca. The police assume a killing offense, but had to go back to the suspect again. The girl's family is now completely desperate. Now clairvoyant Michael Schneider has reported again. In a letter to Berlin police chief Barbara Slowik, the man now calls to send corpse dogs to Briesen (district of Oder-Spree district). Schneider is almost certain: Here lies Rebecca.

Rebecca Reusch, "Schneider writes, He would like ask politely the police and to prosecute to pursue my emailed reference to the place Brebeen as a storage place for Rebecca's corpse. Schneider sends GPS coordinates to a location north of the center of Briesen. He is sure the investigators want to find something here. How does one come to this?

New witness have seen Twingo.
For one thing, he had a supernatural inspiration. As the trained journalist researched on the basis of this inspiration on his own phone in and around Briesen, thus found at eyewitness. This confirms the clairvoyant to the COURIER, having said "a pink Twingo with a Berlin license plate and a dark-haired man with a baseball cap at the wheel on 18.02.19 noon in Briesen lakes." So on the day Rebecca disappeared.
https://www.berliner-kurier.de/berl...ppell-an-berlins-polizeipraesidentin-32307864

Short interview with RR’s father Bernd Reusch was the only real notable thing (imo) in this newest article

Rebecca Reusch: Ermittler verdächtigen Schwager - doch es fehlen Beweise

”I hope I can talk to my son-in-law soon. So far he has not contacted us. I am convinced that he is innocent” says Reusch. Why he considers Florian R. innocent, he does not say.

Interesting, is what I say.
Also they comment how it could take a very long time, but LE has to wait for evidence, they do NOT want an acquittal so they are not going to push it. They talked a lot about a 2006 case that took 13 years to solve and that patience is crucial.
My own perspective.

Interesting comment by her father that "so far he has not contacted us". There was an observation of him entering his mother's house after his release the second time. His attorney said he has been let go from his job over the attention he was receiving. I thought they were a very close supportive family. I wonder if his wife and children are with him or with RR's family.
Is he still a POI in the eyes of the TOS on here?

Interesting comment by her father that "so far he has not contacted us". There was an observation of him entering his mother's house after his release the second time. His attorney said he has been let go from his job over the attention he was receiving. I thought they were a very close supportive family. I wonder if his wife and children are with him or with RR's family.
Is he still a POI in the eyes of the TOS on here?
Yes, he’s the only suspect according to LE so per TOS he most certainly is.

Case Rebecca Reusch - the great reconstruction
For a month and a half Rebecca has disappeared from Neukölln. The homicide squad suspects her brother-in-law of killing her.

Berlin. The "outskirts Neuland I" is a contemplative residential area in the south of Neukölln, less than five minutes drive from the Gropiusstadt. Detached houses with small gardens, in the bushes vernal birdsong. Otherwise it is quiet. The streets in the neighborhood are named after craft trades. There is a carpentry and a Dachdeckerweg, a locksmith and a Rohrlegerweg.

And there is the mason way. Here is a small house with gray-beige clinker bricks. So this is the house where the only 15 year old Rebecca Reusch probably spent the last hours of her life. And here lives Florian R., the girl's brother-in-law and the man whose face was seen on a mug shot and whom investigators suspect until today to have killed Rebecca - without them being able to prove this accusation.
69342290-5475-11e9-9915-6b845b84caf2.jpg

Case Rebecca Reusch: There are indications, but no evidence
If the homicide investigators had three wishes, one might think that in the morning hours of the 18th of February, the day the pupil disappeared, there would have been more activity in the settlement.

For who knows, maybe someone would have noticed something. Maybe a witness would have heard the gasp of a man. A man who apparently carries a heavy load. And maybe this witness would have seen the man carry an object over his shoulder on the paved path from the brick-building entrance to the garden gate. A shapeless sack-like something, he might have described in the interrogation, wrapped in a fleece blanket. And on request, the witness might have said that this something could have been a lifeless body.

Maybe the witness would also have seen the man hoist the baggy something in the trunk of a car, yes, he would have recognized the raspberry-colored Renault Twingo in a photo, the car whose license plate just hours after Rebecca's disappearance from an electronic detection system the A12 was registered in the direction of Frankfurt (Oder). Then the juxtaposition. And the sentence: "The second from the left! This is the man who balanced the bag in the fleece blanket in the trunk. "Yes, that's exactly how the witness would have described his impressions from the mason way. Because that's how it must have been. Something like that anyway. At least the investigators believe that.

No witnesses in the case of Rebecca Reusch
Maybe it was like that. Or maybe very different. Because the witness does not exist. Only fiber traces of a fleece blanket and Rebecca's hair in the trunk of the Twingo. Only evaluations of cell phone data, which indicate that Rebecca was at the suspected time of the crime alone with her brother-in-law and that she has never left the house on Maurerweg alive. There are, therefore, the evidence on which the investigators could build their hypotheses and assumptions and the prosecutor could apply for a warrant.

What is not there is evidence. And that's why the Berlin district court has lifted the arrest warrant against Florian R. That's why he is free again. And Rebecca is far from it

Memories of Georgine Krüger awake
When people disappear, the cases land on the desk of Dirk Mittelstädt fairly quickly. The head of the commission is the head of the missing person office at the State Criminal Police Office (LKA) at the Keithstraße in Tiergarten. In the monumental and listed building also sits the LKA Department 1, responsible for "offenses on humans". So it says in official German.

The house is as closed as the homicide itself. Who wants to enter, must ring. Behind the entrance gate an imposing hall, left and right stairs lead to the upper floors. Who has an appointment, will be picked up. Guests are not allowed to move freely here. And if they did, they would lose themselves in the hallways.

Mittelstädt, dark hair, smoker's voice, firm handshake, has his office on the third floor. With his team, he has worked on some of the most famous cases of missing persons, including cases of young girls. Sandra Wißmann, then twelve years old , disappeared in November 2000. Georgine Krüger, then 14, disappeared in September 2006 .

And now Rebecca Reusch. Disappeared on February 18 this year. 15 years old, 1.70 to 1.80 meters tall, brown, shoulder-length hair. So it is in the missing person report.

Murder investigators meet every morning and evening
Mittelstädt can not comment on the details of the case Rebecca - and at the meeting with the Berliner Morgenpost is quickly clear that he will not do that either. That is understandable. Details could reveal offender knowledge and torpedo the investigation. Those who listen to Mittelstädt feel that the Rebecca case was not unusual at least in the beginning. The girl did not show up at school. Reports like these reach the officials practically every day. In the case of Rebecca, the next steps followed quickly. The day after her disappearance, the case landed at the missing person's office. Only two days later, the police went public. On February 22, the homicide commission took over.

Since then, the murder investigators meet every morning and every night to discuss their actions. A spartan meeting room with a long table in the middle and a whiteboard on the wall. This is what they look like, the rooms in which the threads converge during a murder investigation. Here, the investigators exchange knowledge, develop hypotheses and reject them again - and seek ways to condense the chain of evidence so that an urgent suspicion can be justified. Six to eight investigators and a boss work in a homicide. In the meantime, two homicide teams are working together at Rebecca. When Thomas Scherhant describes the work in the meeting room and on the whiteboard, he talks about gathering "spider-web-like facts". Like Mittelstädt, the first Kriminalhauptkommissar is one of the most experienced investigators of the Berlin police. He's been there since the beginning of the 80's, meanwhile he heads the unit for the "cold cases" - the unresolved cases. In Berlin, that's about 270. Scherhant regularly pulls out such cases and taps them again. Maybe there are new facts? Often the forensic technology is technically advanced, or a supposedly secure alibi turns out to be wrong. As a murder investigator one must always question themselves. "The ambition is there to solve all cases," says Scherhant. Maybe there are new facts? Often the forensic technology is technically advanced, or a supposedly secure alibi turns out to be wrong. As a murder investigator one must always question themselves. "The ambition is there to solve all cases," says Scherhant. Maybe there are new facts? Often the forensic technology is technically advanced, or a supposedly secure alibi turns out to be wrong. As a murder investigator one must always question themselves. "The ambition is there to solve all cases," says Scherhant.

Rebecca Reusch: Ermittler verdächtigen Schwager - doch es fehlen Beweise

There is also a lot written about the family and the media,their own search ,BIL and the tips recieved so far..

Charge without Rebecca's body? Probability of acquittal would be high
Although the investigators apparently only consider the 27-year-old as a perpetrator, Florian R. can not be charged at the present time. Too thin are the previously collected evidence that would speak for a guilt of the man. For example, hair of the 15-year-olds were found in the family car, also fibers of the ceiling were discovered in the trunk of the Twingo. A highway ride by the brother-in-law, in the morning of the day, is a mystery. Why did the 27-year-old drive towards the Polish border? Real evidence pointing to a crime has been missing so far. Nevertheless, the investigators are sure that Rebecca did not leave the house alive.
Due to the small amount of evidence, the girl's brother-in-law would be acquitted with high probability.Another charge, for example, if a body were found, would be ineffective. In Germany, after an acquittal, no one may be charged again for the same crime. But what other options are there in this mysterious missing case?

Witness says,she saw Rebecca Reusch
Witness Samantha wants Rebecca on the evening of her disappearance still at a bus stop in Berlin's district Britz have seen, they should have telephoned. However, the girl's mobile phone was switched off in the morning.

Further trace: The Internet acquaintance of Rebecca
Another track could have been the girl's internet acquaintance. Her family announced that Rebecca had been posted to Instagram by Max or Maximilian shortly before she disappeared. According to her sister, the profile of the man is said to have been deleted soon after disappearance. But even here, the police seems to put little hope in this track. Of course, Rebecca could also have run away from home voluntarily. Apparently, the 15-year-old deleted a few pictures from her social profiles shortly before her disappearance. Friends reported a strange behavior of the student right at the beginning. But can a girl in addition to the current coverage by the media in Germany remain undetected?

The investigators are therefore dependent on further evidence or even the whereabouts of the girl. Only then will the probable crime on the 15-year-olds be cleared up.

Missing Rebecca from Berlin: When will the case be a "cold case"?
When will the case of missing Rebecca be filed? It is clear: around 2,000 references have been received so far, most of them after the broadcast of the ZDF program "Aktenzeichen XY". There is no such thing as an exact time from which the case becomes a "cold case". Only when absolutely no further investigation successes could be set, the case of missing Rebecca to the files. But even then there is still hope for the missing Rebecca's family. In the case of missing Maddie McCann , a 29-member team is still looking for the girl.

If more important findings emerge over time, the case could be reopened at any time.
Rebecca Reusch vermisst: Berliner Polizei steckt in totaler Zwickmühle | Welt

With all due respect,but to me it seems that Rebecca's trail has gone cold.I do hope-however- that this might not be the case..and she turns up ALIVE!!!!

It has seemed to me from the beginning that perhaps LE came to some conclusions rather quickly based on what seemed to be rather weak circumstantial evidence. They persisted in that pursuit and didn't seem to respond to the friend who saw her a a bus stop 12 hours later, or the mother's report of an Internet acquaintance. Precious time was lost.
It breaks my heart that this is heading toward a cold case file.
Never have I read what LE or any one for that matter, thinks the motive was for BIL to kill her.
I still believe she was elsewhere in the house with her phone off in the morning, the BIL did drive the pink car to those forest and lake locals but for either drug sales or fireworks, not knowing what was unfolding. I believe she left the house and caught the bus, using another phone provided to her by the person who persuaded her to meet him. She is either still with him voluntarily or most likely was killed by him.

It has seemed to me from the beginning that perhaps LE came to some conclusions rather quickly based on what seemed to be rather weak circumstantial evidence. They persisted in that pursuit and didn't seem to respond to the friend who saw her a a bus stop 12 hours later, or the mother's report of an Internet acquaintance. Precious time was lost.
It breaks my heart that this is heading toward a cold case file.
Never have I read what LE or any one for that matter, thinks the motive was for BIL to kill her.
I still believe she was elsewhere in the house with her phone off in the morning, the BIL did drive the pink car to those forest and lake locals but for either drug sales or fireworks, not knowing what was unfolding. I believe she left the house and caught the bus, using another phone provided to her by the person who persuaded her to meet him. She is either still with him voluntarily or most likely was killed by him.
To be honest I do not know what to think.It seems that Rebecca's father is getting doubts about his SIL :

Rebecca Reusch misses: Father talks about her brother-in-law and admits doubt

By working as a tiler, the desperate father therefore obviously tries to distract. Bernd Reusch reports on the contact with Florian R, who was released from custody more than a week ago: "We have talked to Florian since his release, also drilled what happened on the day of Rebecca's disappearance. But he did not say anything, his lawyer has forbidden him to do that. "

As the father admits in the conversation, he still briefly had doubts about the innocence of his son-in-law: "The murder commission wanted to persuade us something, but that can not be." To the investigators, the family has sparse contact. "We know nothing and do not hear anything. The murder commission does not answer at all, "says Bernd Reusch in despair. News about the investigation, therefore, the family learn only from the media. The relationship with his son-in-law, however, remains unchanged.

Rebecca Reusch misses: Police in the dilemma - Prosecutor suddenly confident
Update 21:05: Furthermore missing from Rebecca Reusch from Berlin every track. The only suspect to date, the brother-in-law of the 15-year-old, the police had recently released because of lack of evidence. Nevertheless, one continues to believe firmly in a progress, said the prosecutor Focus Online . "We are confident that we will soon find a new and important clue that could lead us to Rebecca," said Martin Steltner, spokesman for the Attorney General Berlin. He could not say what hints this was because of the ongoing investigation.

Since Rebecca's brother-in-law still has no alibi for the suspicious car rides, he remains suspicious. According to Steltner, his dismissal was based on a lack of evidence, so that the suspicion could not be further substantiated. "But that can change any time, just as we have important new clues. This also applies to a renewed arrest of the suspect, "the spokesman told Focus Online . Until then, the brother-in-law, however, was free, he could "travel to the Caribbean", without the prosecutor's office could prevent this.
Rebecca Reusch vermisst (Berlin): Vater spricht über ihren Schwager und gesteht Zweifel ein | Deutschland & Welt

The only thing that keeps me a bit uncertain about the BIL is the fact that LE announced that she did not leave the house alive and they haven't backed down from that. What do they know that we don't? Why are they so adamant?
Otherwise, I think BIL went on those suspicious car rides the next two days for other illegal reasons. If he says what they are to LE then he will be prosecuted for those reasons. If he remains quiet, he remains free.

The only thing that keeps me a bit uncertain about the BIL is the fact that LE announced that she did not leave the house alive and they haven't backed down from that. What do they know that we don't? Why are they so adamant?
Otherwise, I think BIL went on those suspicious car rides the next two days for other illegal reasons. If he says what they are to LE then he will be prosecuted for those reasons. If he remains quiet, he remains free.
To my knowledge,15 yrs old girls do not leave their phones behind and according to MSM,her phone was Wifi connected at BILs house.I am not sure where her 8.42 WA was recieved,but it sure does raise red flags that Rebecca was unreachable in those times,while being alone with BIL.
And I find it very suspicious that he (imo) suddenly picked up the car at the child day care...

BIL came home late, drunk. He lied and said he was sleeping when LE could tell he was awake using his phone. Her phone shuts off during this time. ..He then goes to fetch their car and later drives it far away. Their blanket from the home is missing. Later police find her hair, fibers from her coat, and fibers from the blanket in the trunk. They can tell he went the same long distance the next day, after dark.
He stopped talking to police, and barely talks to the family..
IMOO it seems very clear what happened, they just have zero solid proof. I’m inclined to believe he strangled her in the heat of something sudden :(
No premeditation, but close to zero evidence left.

All of this is just my perspective

It seems to me that LE very early on (within the first 24 hours) decided on a suspect and a theory of what happened and then ran into a problem when they found that the evidence did not support the theory and had to let the suspect go.
I wonder what circumstances would be now if they had instead, followed the evidence from the beginning to a suspect.

It seems to me that LE very early on (within the first 24 hours) decided on a suspect and a theory of what happened and then ran into a problem when they found that the evidence did not support the theory and had to let the suspect go.
I wonder what circumstances would be now if they had instead, followed the evidence from the beginning to a suspect.
Within the first 24 hours? LE didn’t even start start anything until 3 days in. They then had questioned him, but it wasn’t until days later they had what they felt was a good hypothesis to conclude they needed to question him further as a suspect. If you look back, the first reports of his questioning came on February 24, 6 days after she went missing.

Okey dokey, strike the comment inside the parentheses, the evidence that they used to name the BIL as the suspect and that she never left the home alive could have to led to other lines of investigation, but they have persisted in the original hypothesis. WHY?
Just because her phone was turned off at 9 am doesn't mean he did it or that she was dead. Maybe she did it herself so she could go silent. As I mentioned before, the two trips on the days after her disappearance could have been for another illegal activity and if he tells LE about it he can be prosecuted for it. So he stays out of jail if he doesn't talk to anyone.
Plus, any attorney of any worth always tells their client not to talk, doesn't mean he killed his sister-in-law, yet that seems to be held against him as a sign of guilt.

I am not convinced it’s the brother in law. I think someone from her 36,000 followers on her Instagram account said he could make her famous etc etc and she met up with him. After all she had to be looking for some type of fame picking up that amount of followers as a 15 year old. It happens all the time with predators taking young girls.

It has become known as a new indication - and the suspicion against the brother-in-law of the missing Rebecca hardens by it. It was already known that his Twingo was registered by a license plate detection system on the A2. That was on the day of the disappearance of the adolescents and one day later. So far he has not been able to give the police any credible explanations for these journeys - or they want to. Now bild.de writes that the police assume that he left the A2 at Beeskow, a small town in Brandenburg. In this area, the suspect knows his way, because his grandparents live there. One investigator said the picture that Florian R. could know "where there are hiding places that are difficult to reach".

And just at Beeskow police detection dogs hit there multiple times! The police therefore want to continue the search around Beeskow.

The brother-in-law, however, is relieved by another investigation result. As an indication, a hair was found in the trunk of his car. Contrary to the first guess, however, the hair is clearly not from Rebecca. The police believe it is possible that the body was being carried in the trunk - so hair played an important role in the chain of evidence.
Rebecca Reusch vermisst: Bisher unbekanntes Indiz belastet Schwager enorm | Welt

Wow, so the dogs hit on specific area that they’re going to search tomorrow?
But also, that the hair found in the trunk is not anything close to a match of RR.
Welp... patiently waiting for any answers of any kind at all to what the heck happened to RR

I wonder what kind of dogs. Cadaver dogs or tracking dogs? I guess it would have to have been cadaver dogs given that they are certain she didn't leave the home alive. So, where did they take these dogs in that town that they had multiple hits and yet didn't find her. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back