Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that he does not seem to be a criminal mastermind.
He has been charged with more than just flashing .
I can believe he might not have set out to kill Libby but I think his motives for picking her up was to have some sort of sexual encounter.

As he is already locked up the Police can take their time in charging him.Some forensic tests take time to come through.They also could be trying to enhance cctv images

Keeping PR waiting to see if he is going to be spoken to again could really increase his stress and perhaps his behaviour in prison is being monitored.

If he was the last person to see her I am 99.9% he is guilty

We just don't have the info (don't expect to be given the info) and he just doesn't seem a criminal mastermind. The jump from possible flasher to murderer? Even if accidental.
if he is guilty he's been incredibly lucky, seemingly very little hard evidence (he'd have been charged by now if there was anything exceptionally concrete) and all the events have lead to him not been completely incriminated.
I definitely believe he was with LS on that night and possibly the last to see her alive. That's as far as I can get.
If he was with Libby and the last to see her alive its very likely he is responsible for her death. At very least he'll have taken a very drunk, vulnerable person from a street to water! Why? Why and how would she go into water?

After the initial PM the police have stated homicide - not cause of death unknown or misadventure or accident or even potential homicide which they started with. Why would they do that? Why would CPS permit that.

We really don't know what evidence there is. There must be for the other charges.

The alternative is Libby gets picked up by one apparent sexual offender and escapes only to fall into the hands of another. Moreover another that is also prowling around in sub zero temps.

Possible flasher is not really that minor a crime in the incidences cited. I know it can cover a lot, from some poor old guy with dementia standing on a street corner or naked protestor annoyed about his council tax but in this case it's in areas where the perpetrator knows there will be young women and they seem to know it frightens them.

Even the later burglaries show an element of knowledge. Between 25th and 28th suggests knowledge that nobody was in. And I'd be very surprised if he didn't know he was going to find what he wanted.

LE have said they are going through lots of cctv. They've also taken loads of stuff away. Now the body has been found there will be a lot of forensics. Then putting it together. Then sending it to CPS.

I get the impression LE are sure it's him. They must have reasons to arrest him and not any other known sex offender. Let's hope they have enough to get a guilty plea

I agree with you that he does not seem to be a criminal mastermind.
He has been charged with more than just flashing .
I can believe he might not have set out to kill Libby but I think his motives for picking her up was to have some sort of sexual encounter.

As he is already locked up the Police can take their time in charging him.Some forensic tests take time to come through.They also could be trying to enhance cctv images

Keeping PR waiting to see if he is going to be spoken to again could really increase his stress and perhaps his behaviour in prison is being monitored.

If he was the last person to see her I am 99.9% he is guilty

If he was with Libby and the last to see her alive its very likely he is responsible for her death. At very least he'll have taken a very drunk, vulnerable person from a street to water! Why? Why and how would she go into water?

After the initial PM the police have stated homicide - not cause of death unknown or misadventure or accident or even potential homicide which they started with. Why would they do that? Why would CPS permit that.

We really don't know what evidence there is. There must be for the other charges.

The alternative is Libby gets picked up by one apparent sexual offender and escapes only to fall into the hands of another. Moreover another that is also prowling around in sub zero temps.

Possible flasher is not really that minor a crime in the incidences cited. I know it can cover a lot, from some poor old guy with dementia standing on a street corner or naked protestor annoyed about his council tax but in this case it's in areas where the perpetrator knows there will be young women and they seem to know it frightens them.

Even the later burglaries show an element of knowledge. Between 25th and 28th suggests knowledge that nobody was in. And I'd be very surprised if he didn't know he was going to find what he wanted.

LE have said they are going through lots of cctv. They've also taken loads of stuff away. Now the body has been found there will be a lot of forensics. Then putting it together. Then sending it to CPS.

I get the impression LE are sure it's him. They must have reasons to arrest him and not any other known sex offender. Let's hope they have enough to get a guilty plea

All valid points. I'll still reserve my 10% of doubt for the time we have more info. If that comes.

Yes many times.

All too convenient to me that he manages to get in these properties without actually breaking and entering.

Judging by some of the people I lived with in student/shared houses and student flats, it would have been all too easy to enter a property as some of my fellow renters were completely clueless when it came to safety and security of the property; windows left open, doors unlocked or open, randomly buzzing people into the apartment block because they claimed over the intercom to be visiting someone and there was no reply at that flat....

All valid points. I'll still reserve my 10% of doubt for the time we have more info. If that comes.
Out of interest what alternative does your 10% suggest?

Libby was alive on a bench a long walk from water. It would be aa difficult walk for her if she were to avoid any witnesses or CCTV at all.

Someone looking like PR is seen putting something or someone into a car that looks like his just as she disappears. She is found in water. Evidence is found making him a likely suspect in several crimes of a sexually deviant nature.

What are the other likely options?

Judging by some of the people I lived with in student/shared houses and student flats, it would have been all too easy to enter a property as some of my fellow renters were completely clueless when it came to safety and security of the property; windows left open, doors unlocked or open, randomly buzzing people into the apartment block because they claimed over the intercom to be visiting someone and there was no reply at that flat....
His last burglary was between 25th and 28th Jan. Unlikely that any Windows were left open.

I don't think there will be a rental, handyman connection. Too complicated.

I do not think a friend working as a handyman would risk their job letting PR borrow a key
Would police investigating the burglaries check to see who else might have key access?

I can not see PR reading student or letting agents websites.
I can see him posing as a workman/windowcleaner and finding a way to get in using tools.

People do! Heating on full blast then open a window because they're drying something on the radiators. Or opened a smidge in a bathroom or toilet to air it.

I saw all sorts as a student. One set of housemates thought it was perfectly fine to turn the heating up full (25c!) and open all of the windows immediately before going to bed in order to dry their washing.

A lot of burglaries in this area seem to happen via people simply trying front doors, more often than not during normal waking hours, until they find one that is unlocked. It's brazen.

I agree, people may be overthinking this somewhat. Petty burglaries are mostly the result of opportunism rather than careful planning. We only know about the times he got lucky, not the failures where he couldn't gain entry, someone came past at the crucial time, lights came on etc.

I agree, people may be overthinking this somewhat. Petty burglaries are mostly the result of opportunism rather than careful planning. We only know about the times he got lucky, not the failures where he couldn't gain entry, someone came past at the crucial time, lights came on etc.

Speaking multiple languages is actually really good cover. One of my favourite ways to get charity collectors, canvassers and beggars to leave me alone quickly is to pretend not to have a clue what they're saying to me with an apologetic look and a shrugged 'No entiendo inglés' in my best Spanish accent. They generally panic, say sorry and move on to the next person (or they look at me, dead-eyed, and start saying 'Englissssh' slowly with a big, exaggerated mouth).

PR could simply knock on doors and, if someone answered, ask if x was home, or feign ignorance and speak only in Polish. You'd be able to do away any chance of someone being home with that sort of tactic.

I don't buy the rogue repair man theory. It would likely mean that somebody else was complicit, and I don't see that happening. I've briefly toyed with the idea that he could've supplemented his income by working as a courier, though. They often work on a freelance basis and use their own transport - anecdotally speaking, my delivery drivers seem to be largely foreign nationals. It'd also give you names, addresses and a semi-passable reason for being in someone's back garden (their 'safe place'). I've no idea how that sits with the timing of offences and his work schedule. It perhaps doesn't.

Last edited:
I saw all sorts as a student. One set of housemates thought it was perfectly fine to turn the heating up full (25c!) and open all of the windows immediately before going to bed in order to dry their washing.

A lot of burglaries in this area seem to happen via people simply trying front doors, more often than not during normal waking hours, until they find one that is unlocked. It's brazen.
Brazen opportunists .A neighbour unloading her car which was parked across the road to her house as its a fairly busy main road .She had left her front door ajar bag in hallway .Tooing frooing to the car .Man passing walked brazenly into the house in broad daylight with people around stole her bag.She was stunned.Safe enough area but where is anymore.Another neighbour gave chase retrieved the bag. Ive done so many stupid things where safety is concerned .Learning from here.

Simply Students ran a competition on their site at Halloween. Students who had rented accommodation from them had to carve a pumpkin, upload a photo of the pumpkin, tag themselves and write their address on the post. These are still publicly available for anyone to view. I think it’s fair to say that deciphering who was living in houses around Wellesley/ Heathcote/ Beresford would not have been a challenge!

That is sad that they didnt even think of the security issues with posting addresses during that contest.

I noticed this that seems to imply they may in fact use a Master Key solution to access some or all of their properties. Otherwise how else would the maintenance easily be able to let in a student who lost their key.

Im really starting to think its possible that PR knew someone who may have been involved with mainteance or letting out the residences. And maybe PR was able to "borrow" the master key or even select keys to certain residences. Maybe the other person didnt even know PR was doing it. It sure seems like a possibility.

"What happens if I lose my keys?
Replacement keys are available at a cost of £10 each. If you do lose your keys DO NOT attempt to force entry. Damaged caused by forced entry can incur repair charges. A member of staff will be available to let you back into your property and arrange a new key to be delivered ASAP. If this occurs during out of office hours there will be a £15 call out charge payable to the attending member of staff."

Simply Students

People do! Heating on full blast then open a window because they're drying something on the radiators. Or opened a smidge in a bathroom or toilet to air it.
Yes agreed. But the burglary took place between 2 possible dates and possibly when nobody was there.
Most petty burglars don't steal sex toys and knickers tho.

My large cat opened a downstairs window in a house we lived in once in a rural area.. We had gone out for the day. Returned to find window hanging wide open .Fortunately all ok.We each blamed the other.Until we caught 5he cat later on in action. It was a cottage type of window he managed to manouvered both latches .Window locks on all windoes were then purchased. Unbelievable but true.

And a lot of opportunistic burglars get into a range of houses and nick a lot of saleable stuff from a range of inhabitants - men, women, old and young. Does that sounds like PR.

Don't forget the voyeurism charges as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther