GUILTY NY - Jeanine Cammarata, 37, teacher, didn’t show up at work, Staten Island, 30 Mar 2019 *ARRESTS*

[Friend], who identifies as one of Jeanine Cammarata’s closest friends, told ABC7 she received a series of text messages from Cammarata’s cellphone on Sunday — just one day after she was last seen leaving her boyfriend’s home on McVeigh Avenue in New Springville."

The friend said "she was calling the police, to which Cammarata responded: 'I don’t want that.'

'I have the kids,' Cammarata wrote, according to the report. 'I apologize. I have to do this for the children.'”

But Jeanine didn't have the kids. Weird.

(I redated the friend's name.)

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/frien...er-sent-strange-messages-before-she-vanished/

Okay, so she was supposed to pick up the kids, not drop them off. That makes sense if she has custody of them during the week and ex has them on the weekend.

But she rested at the ex's house and then left without the kids?

Do I have that right?

jmo
That’s the girlsfriends story. Wonder how she “rested”?

So, let me see if I have this right. The ex-husband and his girlfriend live in Queens? Jeanine and the ex were supposed to exchange the kids at a police station on Staten Island, but instead the ex is saying Jeanine dropped off the kids in Queens?

I'm assuming if she regularly drives that she has an EZPass for the bridge tolls. So, LE should be able to find out if she returned to Staten Island, right?

FWIW, the Verrazzano bridge between Staten Island and Brooklyn costs $19 without an EZPass to cross. It's the most expensive bridge toll in the nation! With an EZPass, the toll is $12.24, but Staten Island residents with an EZPass pay $5.50. So, it does make some sense for Jeanine to drive to Queens rather than the ex to drive to Staten Island for the child exchange, assuming she has an EZPass.

jmo
Jeanine was getting the kids, not the other way around. And for less than $7 difference (and he new rates didn't kick in until Monday) it wouldn't justify the sudden change of location. It makes even less sense to have her drive out to Queens if she doesn't pick up the kids. And there are precinct houses in Queens, as well as Brooklyn that could have been used.

The ex husband and gf better be telling the truth or have their stories straight because there are a lot of moving parts here.

Jeanine was getting the kids, not the other way around. And for less than $7 difference (and he new rates didn't kick in until Monday) it wouldn't justify the sudden change of location. It makes even less sense to have her drive out to Queens if she doesn't pick up the kids. And there are precinct houses in Queens, as well as Brooklyn that could have been used.

The ex husband and gf better be telling the truth or have their stories straight because there are a lot of moving parts here.
A few bucks for tolls could be a hindrance if you don't have money. Maybe the ex told Jeanine he didn't have money for tolls so she'd have to come pick them up herself. What choice would she have if he refused to bring them to her? Could the ex have lured her to his place...where she "rested" and then disappeared?

IDK.

jmo

A few bucks for tolls could be a hindrance if you don't have money. Maybe the ex told Jeanine he didn't have money for tolls so she'd have to come pick them up herself. What choice would she have if he refused to bring them to her? Could the ex have lured her to his place...where she "rested" and then disappeared?

IDK.

jmo
She could file a police report if he didn't bring the kids. That would be a big no no in a custody dispute.

I can imagine she could have possibly been lured. But really low odds. I can't believe that she would "rest" or spend a minute longer than she had to with an estranged ex and his gf.

My Ex and my Mother exchanged my child at the police station. I had primary custody and he had every other weekend. My Ex was total psycho towards me. At any time, if my Ex did not show up at the police station at the allotted time with my child, he would have been arrested, and loose his visitation. There is no way in he!! I would EVER go to his house.

FWIW, the Verrazzano bridge between Staten Island and Brooklyn costs $19 without an EZPass to cross. It's the most expensive bridge toll in the nation! With an EZPass, the toll is $12.24, but Staten Island residents with an EZPass pay $5.50. So, it does make some sense for Jeanine to drive to Queens rather than the ex to drive to Staten Island for the child exchange, assuming she has an EZPass.

jmo

I drove my daughter to her new apartment in Brooklyn on Sunday and the fare hike on the Verrazano at $19 went into effect Sunday at 12:01am (or Saturday night at midnight). NJ residents, even with EZPass, still pay $19 (no discount for NJ EZPass drivers).

It previously cost $17 to take the Verrazzano from Brooklyn to Staten Island.

Tolls for N.J. drivers on Verrazzano, other bridges and tunnels go up Sunday

Oh boy. I now see they were set to go to trial at the end of April.

I believe she had a court appearance April 1st and did not show.

"CBS2 spoke with her sister in Florida who said Cammarata has been fighting for custody of her kids, who currently live with their father, her ex-husband.

“She was supposed to have an appearance Monday and she never showed,” Christine Ross told CBS2 over the phone."

Wait Brooklyngirl, I see why you said that. I just looked it up. Sorry

Missing Staten Island Mother, Teacher Hasn’t Been Seen Since Saturday

Last edited:
Even if she decided to pick up the kids in Queens rather than the police station, for whatever reason it may be, it's very odd that she'd get to the house and then "rest" and then leave without the kids! I wouldn't care if the kids were asleep, I'd still wake them up and get them into the car if it was time to switch houses. They could sleep in the car on the ride back. I hope we hear something soon from NYPD about whether or not she was spotted on traffic cameras actually going into Queens. If NYPD sticks with the story that the boyfriend was the last person to see her, then the whole going to Queens story from the estranged husband and his girlfriend is super fishy.

Even if she decided to pick up the kids in Queens rather than the police station, for whatever reason it may be, it's very odd that she'd get to the house and then "rest" and then leave without the kids! I wouldn't care if the kids were asleep, I'd still wake them up and get them into the car if it was time to switch houses. They could sleep in the car on the ride back. I hope we hear something soon from NYPD about whether or not she was spotted on traffic cameras actually going into Queens. If NYP sticks with the story that the boyfriend was the last person to see her, then the whole going to Queens story from the estranged husband and his girlfriend is super fishy.
Yep. The "resting" detail makes no sense whatsoever, especially in the midst of a custody issue.
jmo

Screen shots of the message exchange with her friend ...

View Chilling Texts Of Friend Reaching Out To Missing SI Woman

That's bizarre. She says in those texts that she has the kids, when she definitely didn't. Why would she (or whoever is controlling her phone) say that to the friend, then? Seems like saying you're disappearing WITH kids with you would be even more cause for concern (endangering children?) than just saying you need time away and the kids are with their dad, and taking off. (MOO)

Cammarata's longtime friend told NBC New York that Cammarata, a mother of three, also missed a custody hearing for her children on Monday.

She said she got Facebook messages from Cammarata's account on Monday that said she was with her kids, but the friend doesn't believe Cammarata sent them because she was not with the children, and her phone was off.

"The fact that she was messaging me on messenger when her phone wasn’t on was crazy to me, and then I kept asking her to call me, call me," she said.

"She would never miss school. She would always at least call them and say, 'I’m not coming in.'"

New York City police search for teacher who hasn't been seen for days

That's bizarre. She says in those texts that she has the kids, when she definitely didn't. Why would she (or whoever is controlling her phone) say that to the friend, then? Seems like saying you're disappearing WITH kids with you would be even more cause for concern (endangering children?) than just saying you need time away and the kids are with their dad, and taking off. (MOO)
My hunch (only a hunch) is that someone else sent those messages and that someone isn't that bright.

I want to know if Jeanine actually made it to Queens. LE must be able to tell from bridge cameras/EZPass activity. Did she ever leave Staten Island? If she made it to Queens, did she ever return to Staten Island? For the moment, I'm assuming she did go to Queens, but that is just what the ex and girlfriend are claiming - I'm not sure that is true.

The car will be found, imo. Is there a good place around the ex's place to stash a car? Time for some map work, I think.

jmo

Cammarata's longtime friend told NBC New York that Cammarata, a mother of three, also missed a custody hearing for her children on Monday.

She said she got Facebook messages from Cammarata's account on Monday that said she was with her kids, but the friend doesn't believe Cammarata sent them because she was not with the children, and her phone was off.

"The fact that she was messaging me on messenger when her phone wasn’t on was crazy to me, and then I kept asking her to call me, call me," she said.

"She would never miss school. She would always at least call them and say, 'I’m not coming in.'"

New York City police search for teacher who hasn't been seen for days
Hmmm...if her phone wasn't on, that means she sent the messages through Facebook itself - on a computer or tablet, right? Did she carry a device with her when she left home? If she remains logged in on Facebook, anyone with the device could send a message.

How does the friend know the phone was off, btw?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back