NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

I wonder what Steven was doing earlier that morning before he disappeared. Does anyone have a theory?

We know he was definitely fine on the morning of Sunday 13th because he did speak to 2 of his church colleagues on the phone, my guess would be that he might had breakfast somewhere and maybe preparing for what he was going to in Henderson, his phone rang and he spoke to his church friends. He was 6 min early for his midday appointment or meet-up in Henderson. So I don’t know Vegas and I’m not sure how long it would have taken for Steven to get from Vegas to Henderson. So he would have thought at some point it was time to head to Henderson.

Looking at the way the car drives by and the way that he walks with purpose makes me feel that he was there at least once before. Possibly on the trip the day before when he stopped in Overton Nevada and Mesquite Nevada. Overton is way out from the I15, enough so that it wasn't just a gas stop. I wonder whether the phone pings for the day before give any hints whether he could have been in Vegas as well? Also the surveillance camera should have been checked for the days leading up to it at least. It could be that this was the end of some sort of transaction and he was going there to deliver cash or get paid. If this was my first time ever in that neighborhood parking I feel like it would have been all somewhat slower and less determined (the walking..the parking)

The LL stayed at least overnight at his rental in St. George according to LL wife and this timeline here the day when he went missing.
timeline2009 - laytonian

I wish the family would join us here again. The case is cold as ice right now, it's been a long long time....it would help if they keep the conversation going and maybe get some more media attention to hopefully get someone to speak up. They could assist us with more info about his phone records maybe. @Naegle or his brother Dellin..if you are reading this..please consider speaking up again.

I so wish the family would post here too , it would good to get some updates or if they found anything or any sightings.

It looks like Sun City Anthem has a neighborhood watch program and it sounds like it was started in 2009?
Sun City Anthem - Neighborhood Watch
Wonder whether they were ever questioned about his disappearance. If it had participants already, I assume that whoever was participating at the time would know about his disappearance within their neighborhood watch area and maybe have some input regarding houses that would be rented out or frequented by new people often. It would be good to know about any burglaries/robberies in the community for 2009 if someone still remembers also.

It looks like Sun City Anthem has a neighborhood watch program and it sounds like it was started in 2009?
Sun City Anthem - Neighborhood Watch
Wonder whether they were ever questioned about his disappearance. If it had participants already, I assume that whoever was participating at the time would know about his disappearance within their neighborhood watch area and maybe have some input regarding houses that would be rented out or frequented by new people often. It would be good to know about any burglaries/robberies in the community for 2009 if someone still remembers also.

Maybe Fairy would know the answer to this, I do remember in the threads about the neighborhood watch being mentioned but if they were questioned or if they knew anything I can’t remember.
But you would think that apart from questioning residents that questioning the neighborhood watch group would have definitely been helpful.
I’m sure I remember reading in the threads that some people on webslueths did some research into the crimes in Henderson at that time and IIRC there wasn’t anything on evening lights but only in surrounding areas. IIRC that is.

Ohh Fairy, nice to see you drop in. I so wish we had any update, seems to be nothing new. Have you seen or heard any updates?

Hi there. I've not heard anything new for ages. I don't see it going anywhere unless Steven's remains are found or LE questions the right person or persons.

As far as a Neighborhood Watch goes, I'd find it a bit difficult to believe. I've been there several times and have never seen a soul out and about. If they were watching, it was from inside their homes. And no one in that neighborhood claims to have seen Steven.

In the Heather Bogle case her ping location at first would have been within a 6 mile radius from the tower (a pretty large area to search) however they were able to use satellite data to narrow it down to exactly in front of the perps house. (Source is DateLine) I know satellite data is not always available...but maybe LE could check again for Steven's last pings? Grasping at straws here..

Hello you fellow sleuths who have followed SK's case. I am new here. I have followed and read most all the threads regarding SK. I am just one, on a team of investigators, who are investigating SK's disappearance. We are working with family members. I will share with you that we have already uncovered evidence which has been unknown until now. Our team consists of knowledgeable, professional and experienced individuals in law enforcement and private investigations. My take here, there are only a three ways this case is solved. 1. Steven is found alive, though I doubt he is. 2. A confession. 3. The only way to get LE back on this case is finding SK's body, which then becomes a murder investigation. Its still just a missing person case. Investigating a murder would allow cell phone forensics and more interviews conducted. Someone knows something out there. How to get it is the hard part.

Hello you fellow sleuths who have followed SK's case. I am new here. I have followed and read most all the threads regarding SK. I am just one, on a team of investigators, who are investigating SK's disappearance. We are working with family members. I will share with you that we have already uncovered evidence which has been unknown until now. Our team consists of knowledgeable, professional and experienced individuals in law enforcement and private investigations. My take here, there are only a three ways this case is solved. 1. Steven is found alive, though I doubt he is. 2. A confession. 3. The only way to get LE back on this case is finding SK's body, which then becomes a murder investigation. Its still just a missing person case. Investigating a murder would allow cell phone forensics and more interviews conducted. Someone knows something out there. How to get it is the hard part.
Welcome to WebSleuth. So glad to hear that someone is still working on this and that you have additional evidence at hand. I agree with you that in order to kick this investigation into gear again (and he is not found alive, which I also doubt unfortunately) his body would have to be found. Are any more searches planned for the near future?

In the Heather Bogle case her ping location at first would have been within a 6 mile radius from the tower (a pretty large area to search) however they were able to use satellite data to narrow it down to exactly in front of the perps house. (Source is DateLine) I know satellite data is not always available...but maybe LE could check again for Steven's last pings? Grasping at straws here..

We've had Steven's phone pings and activity for years. Hasn't helped to solve his case, sadly.

We've had Steven's phone pings and activity for years. Hasn't helped to solve his case, sadly.
Thank you Fairy1. Its sadly true. This case is sad in that, LE has no further resources beyond criminal cases to investigate. Only so much tax money ya know. Priorities way heavy. With out a body there's no crime other than SK is still missing and know one knows where he is or what happened. That is in and of itself, a crime. We (the team) will be discussing these known pings very soon. There are two in particular however, which provide a longitude and latitude. One matches up with the known pings, the other does not. The other has piqued our interest.

Thank you Fairy1. Its sadly true. This case is sad in that, LE has no further resources beyond criminal cases to investigate. Only so much tax money ya know. Priorities way heavy. With out a body there's no crime other than SK is still missing and know one knows where he is or what happened. That is in and of itself, a crime. We (the team) will be discussing these known pings very soon. There are two in particular however, which provide a longitude and latitude. One matches up with the known pings, the other does not. The other has piqued our interest.

I really believe part of the problem is that there are two jurisdictions "investigating" this case. And it has been handled poorly by both agencies.

I'm not sure the pings are as meaningful as the calls to Steven's phone the day he disappeared. The calls. And the people who made those calls. JMO

Yes, I know the general pings were available. Since the pings for the tower typically can have a large range/area it is difficult. My point was that in the above mentioned case they homicide investigators found out after a new team took a look at the case that her last ping was available through an additional satellite which is not always the case. That way they were able to reduce the general tower area to the exact lat/long which was the house it happened.
So my hope in bringing this up was that maybe investigators could look again at the pings to see whether concrete lat/long info is available for the last location etc. As @Glovey already mentioned...no resources are allocated to check any of this with LE unless proof of a crime is provided.

There are two in particular however, which provide a longitude and latitude. One matches up with the known pings, the other does not. The other has piqued our interest.

So glad you are taking a look at this again and it seems like you already found something interesting :) Hopefully it gives more information about what he might have been up to in the area. Good luck!!!!

Yes, I know the general pings were available. Since the pings for the tower typically can have a large range/area it is difficult. My point was that in the above mentioned case they homicide investigators found out after a new team took a look at the case that her last ping was available through an additional satellite which is not always the case. That way they were able to reduce the general tower area to the exact lat/long which was the house it happened.
So my hope in bringing this up was that maybe investigators could look again at the pings to see whether concrete lat/long info is available for the last location etc. As @Glovey already mentioned...no resources are allocated to check any of this with LE unless proof of a crime is provided.

I get it. But this would only be meaningful if the phone and the missing person were in the same location when the person in question went missing. And the location of the last ping of Steven's phone was identified. And it was nowhere near where the last search for Steven took place. It was far, far away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back