IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica D'Onofrio‏ @donofrioABC7

DEVELOPING: We could know today if the boy who surfaced in Newport, KY is #TimmothyPitzen. Pitzen has been missing from #Aurora since 2011 and would be 14 y/o now. This is his old home..now owned by a new family. They kept the stone in the backyard with his handprint.

D3UQzBNW4AAJzHM.jpg

D3UQzBOWkAEnQFx.jpg

D3UQzBPWkAAx5UC.jpg

Jessica D'Onofrio on Twitter

Can you imagine you are the parent and the wait to find out if this is indeed your son, it has to be agonizing waiting for the results to come back! I wonder if they let the dad visit to see if there was any recognition or if he has to wait.

I soooo want this to be him. We all know it's a long road to a recovery (which won't ever be fully complete), but other found children have risen from the ashes to do good in the world, he can too! So many times we do NOT get a happy ending, so it's even sweeter when we do. Fingers crossed!

Jessica D'Onofrio‏ @donofrioABC7

DEVELOPING: We could know today if the boy who surfaced in Newport, KY is #TimmothyPitzen. Pitzen has been missing from #Aurora since 2011 and would be 14 y/o now. This is his old home..now owned by a new family. They kept the stone in the backyard with his handprint.

D3UQzBNW4AAJzHM.jpg

D3UQzBOWkAEnQFx.jpg

D3UQzBPWkAAx5UC.jpg

Jessica D'Onofrio on Twitter

Seeing that handprint with his name put a lump in my throat.

I don't know that as a parent of a missing child I could have left that behind when I moved. His dad must be in agony right now just waiting for news. My heart goes out to him.

JMO

On May 13, she called friends and relatives from somewhere near Dixon, Sterling and Rock Falls, police say. The recipients told police they heard Timmothy in the background, saying he was hungry but not seeming to be in distress.
That night, Fry-Pitzen checked in to a motel in Rockford. Fry-Pitzen was found dead the next day after she killed herself by slicing an arm and her neck with a box cutter.

She left a note that said: “Tim is somewhere safe with people who love him and will take care of him. You will never find him.”

Timmothy, along with his Spider-Man backpack, an aquatic-rig toy truck, a blue Hot Wheels toy car starter kit, a tube of children’s Crest toothpaste and her tollway I-PASS were missing.

14-year-old says he is Aurora boy who went missing in 2011

What an amazing and sad story but could have a somewhat happy ending if this is him.

I hope he can be safe from now on no matter who he is.

At first, neighbors thought he was up to something. Sharon Hall snapped a picture of the boy around 7:30 a.m. because he was standing near her neighbor’s SUV. Minutes later, another neighbor called police.

“When he talked to the girls, he said that he was tired and he’s been passed around and he’s lost and that he’s from Aurora, Illinois,” Hall told the station.

“It’s like he wanted help. He did, but he didn’t know who to trust to get that help; that’s how he looked,” said Fray Knight.

Knight said the boy looked scared and lost, and when he took off his hoodie, he was covered in bruises.

Witnesses describe encouter with boy who says he is Timmothy Piltzen

I’m thinking the same thing. What if the hotel where he was staying could be identified by a red roof, but wasn’t specifically a Red Roof Inn. Idk, just throwing something out there.
Or as @JaneEyre mentioned earlier, perhaps by a Red Roof Inn so that he may have seen the sign yet they were at a different motel? MOO

Oops, it was Amazon, not Netflix, “Fireball Run.”

“4. Timmothy Pitzen Was Featured on an Amazon Show Called ‘Fireball Run” in January of 2019”

“The case of Timmothy Pitzen garnered some fresh attention at the beginning of 2019. His story was featured on ‘Fireball Run,’ an adventure series on Amazon. Dozens of teams participate in a multi-city scavenger hunt and race that spans more than 2,000 miles. They have to complete specific challenges at each town they stop in.

The main goal of the show is to showcase missing children and spread awareness. Each team was assigned a missing child, whose picture was plastered on the side of the vehicle. Each team is also responsible for passing out flyers about the child and sharing information to as many people as possible.

The show posted on Facebook on April 3 after hearing that Timmothy Pitzen may have been found. They wrote, ‘The production just received a call from Cincinnati media. A missing child featured in Amazon’s #FireballRun Season 11 may have been found after 7 years in Kentucky… Although this has yet to be confirmed it is very exciting and we hope for the best.’”
Timmothy Pitzen: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

If the young man found yesterday is indeed Timmothy, maybe he watched the episode, which in turn made him realize who he really was, IMO.

On a different note, I am so grateful of those who reached out to the authorities for just simply caring (the blond-haired woman told a reporter it was actually two young girls who first approached the boy and called the police). Whether he is Timmothy or not, they saved a life, IMO.

ETA: This sounds like a really cool show. I will have to watch it, starting with Timmothy’s episode .

Last edited:
Irrespective the DNA results that are due anytime now- LE should already have a pretty good idea if his story checks out and would, I would think, have issued an alert for the gentlemen this boy claims to have been held by. I am hopeful but by nature skeptical.

Perhaps they are waiting for the DNA and will then issue an alert...

“His mother left me a letter and she said that he would be with people who would love him and take care of him,” Anderson said. “She felt that her life had come to an end and she was going to end her life and she didn’t want to leave him without good parenting.”

“I just prayed that when he was old enough that he would remember us and contact us,” she said. “That was kind of the best I could hope for,” Anderson told NBC.

Report: ‘We always felt .. Tim was alive.’ DNA results on teen found in Kentucky expected today.

Is this letter GM was left the same as found in hotel room.?

Odd that GM was OK with mom leaving G son with strangers that would “love” him and not family.

Wouldn't the father still be able to identify his child by sight?
I was wondering so, yes, especially if there is any type of mark or scar on his body, or anything else like that, which would be unique. But I understand the DNA should take care of it.

I can’t imagine LE would have connected this boy with the Pitzen or Fry family. They have a duty to get to the truth and minimize harm to the family. The family would suffer from the same cognitive bias we all do, their hope and “need” for this to be Timmothy would taint any connection they could make and would crush them if it’s not. It’s much better for everyone involved for the family to stay far away from this until they have unbiased confirmation that this is or is not Timmothy.

After 8 years it’s totally worth it to wait 36 hours for real answers ...

I can’t imagine LE would have connected this boy with the Pitzen or Fry family. They have a duty to get to the truth and minimize harm to the family. The family would suffer from the same cognitive bias we all do, their hope and “need” for this to be Timmothy would taint any connection they could make and would crush them if it’s not. It’s much better for everyone involved for the family to stay far away from this until they have unbiased confirmation that this is or is not Timmothy.
Completely agree. Have to do this right, in case it’s not Timmothy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member