IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
“His mother left me a letter and she said that he would be with people who would love him and take care of him,” Anderson said. “She felt that her life had come to an end and she was going to end her life and she didn’t want to leave him without good parenting.”

“I just prayed that when he was old enough that he would remember us and contact us,” she said. “That was kind of the best I could hope for,” Anderson told NBC.

Report: ‘We always felt .. Tim was alive.’ DNA results on teen found in Kentucky expected today.

Is this letter GM was left the same as found in hotel room.?

Odd that GM was OK with mom leaving G son with strangers that would “love” him and not family.
I don’t read that she was OK with that, per se. I think she was explaining what had happened and that if, in fact, he couldn’t be found then her best hope was that he would remember them and one day seek them out. MOO

ETA: I think she left or mailed a separate note to her.

Why did the mom think he was better off with strangers?
BTW, I never followed this case.

JMO

His mother was mentally ill. If she really left him with somebody, I believe she felt he was in a safe place because I do believe she truly loved him.

Why she did it? Who knows. I think there was talk that she wanted her family to join her in her interest in Mormonism, which her husband refused. She supposedly was considering a divorce for this reason. This combined with mental illness probably meant she felt she had to “save” Timmothy. Why she killed herself and, really any reasons why she did anything, can only be speculated because people with mental illness do not do things that make sense to everyone else.

Nothing I say here is verified and I am open to correction.

At first, neighbors thought he was up to something. Sharon Hall snapped a picture of the boy around 7:30 a.m. because he was standing near her neighbor’s SUV. Minutes later, another neighbor called police.

“When he talked to the girls, he said that he was tired and he’s been passed around and he’s lost and that he’s from Aurora, Illinois,” Hall told the station.

“It’s like he wanted help. He did, but he didn’t know who to trust to get that help; that’s how he looked,” said Fray Knight.

Knight said the boy looked scared and lost, and when he took off his hoodie, he was covered in bruises.

Witnesses describe encouter with boy who says he is Timmothy Piltzen

I do think this is Timmothy!

Knowing this sweet innocent boy has suffered so while being kidnapped rips my heart out.

He is a sparrow with broken wings now, but now he will be surrounded by love, support, a feeling of safety, and therapy so he will learn to fly free again.

God bless him, and his father who has waited years for this miracle to come!

Jmo

I’m thinking the same thing. What if the hotel where he was staying could be identified by a red roof, but wasn’t specifically a Red Roof Inn. Idk, just throwing something out there.
I was wondering if it has a red roof.

Google Earth images of the Rest Inn in Cincinnati shows it as having a light colored roof but it does appear to have red gutters around the outside.

Attachments

• EC8C5BF6-2BC4-4B48-A5DB-3DE18159E7D1.jpeg
    EC8C5BF6-2BC4-4B48-A5DB-3DE18159E7D1.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 14
  • A5D37F63-11E4-4996-A842-D9E73FBD2FAA.jpeg
    A5D37F63-11E4-4996-A842-D9E73FBD2FAA.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Also it was so late in the night when I posted, I couldn't convey my shock. I spent much of my childhood in Aurora and I still live in the area, this case hits very close to home. Although my hope of Timmothy being found alive had waned over the years, I've always had a small spark of hope that he was still alive being well-cared for somewhere.
I sent the story to all of my friends and family (They all know this case because it's actually a very well-known case in the Chicago area) and we are all hoping it is him.

IF this is Timmothy ... I of course want to know what in the heck happened with/to his mom and details all about that. If it’s possible. The situation might have been ... who knows what compared to what we all think happened. Who knows what Timmothy might or might not recall. But, what is most important to me right now is Timmothy, or whoever this boy is, and his current status and his future. And if there are 2 or more crazy men somewhere out there, finding them. What a situation! Prayers to Timmothy’s family. I’d be upset out of my skin!

So I thought about this all night. I want to believe this boy. I hope it is him. If it isn’t, this boy must know that LE will be able to determine that quickly. Let’s see what happens today. IF it isn’t Timmothy, it is still a boy apparently in need of help!

I'm hopeful but the description of the men sounds weird. He may not be a 14 year old. We've had odd cases like that before where an adult passes himself off as a missing child.

Why would the mother leave her kid with questionable people if she wanted to kill her self? Why not with the father?

It's very odd. Fingers crossed that it's real.

Two great posts (and there are many great ones on this thread) which somewhat sum up my feelings.

BBM: the description of the men who were “holding” (for want of a better word) this child bothers me too. It’s almost too stereotypical “scary bad men” for me.

Whatever the outcome is: if this is Timmothy, thank goodness he’s found & in safe hands. If it isn’t, thank goodness the child is in safe hands.

Brad Edwards‏Verified account @tvbrad

FBI confirms it has a DNA sample from boy who claims to be Timmothy Pitzen, missing since 2011. Results expected tonight - per our @MeganHickeyTV. Continued updates @cbschicago.

D3UaXelX4AAeOnc.jpg

D3UaXeuX4AAkkgB.jpg

Brad Edwards on Twitter

I don’t read that she was OK with that, per se. I think she was explaining what had happened and that if, in fact, he couldn’t be found then her best hope was that he would remember them and one day seek them out. MOO

ETA: I think she left or mailed a separate note to her.

The grandmother (Amy’s mom) appeared on Nancy Grace and read the letter on air not long after her daughters suicide.
Also, IIRC, Timmothy’s mom, Amy was seen on store surveillance video buying stationary at a Dollar Store. Her suicide note and the letter to her mother were both handwritten on the same stationary.

Also it was so late in the night when I posted, I couldn't convey my shock. I spent much of my childhood in Aurora and I still live in the area, this case hits very close to home. Although my hope of Timmothy being found alive had waned over the years, I've always had a small spark of hope that he was still alive being well-cared for somewhere.
I sent the story to all of my friends and family (They all know this case because it's actually a very well-known case in the Chicago area) and we are all hoping it is him.

I’m from there too! Just left two years ago. I always thought about him as I drove past Greenman school (almost daily) and wished, like everyone else, he was alive.

“His mother left me a letter ...

Is this letter GM was left the same as found in hotel room.?

Odd that GM was OK with mom leaving G son with strangers that would “love” him and not family.

Massively snipped by me then BBM: as I understand it from reading original missing thread here & other sources, there were 2 notes/messages: one found in the room with Amy and one mailed to her mother.

I do think this is Timmothy!

Knowing this sweet innocent boy has suffered so while being kidnapped rips my heart out.

He is a sparrow with broken wings now, but now he will be surrounded by love, support, a feeling of safety, and therapy so he will learn to fly free again.

God bless him, and his father who has waited years for this miracle to come!

Jmo
I too am hopeful that this is Timmothy. Perhaps he saw the Amazon run in January for Fireball Run and realized that someone still cared about him and wanted to find him and decided to make a run for it.

I read somewhere that his mother made multiple trips in the past. I have been following this for some time. One question I have in this case is did the investigating agency go through her phone records or see if she left a digital footprint? I know over the years investigative measures have advanced. If she had made other trips maybe she was reaching out to someone she met on one of those trips to take care of Timmothy.

I know she suffered from mental illness which can often times cause individuals to think irrationally. I know a little boy that was killed by his father before his father killed himself. His father took him out of school and they found the boy and his father deceased in a hotel room.

Maybe she wanted Timmothy to be safe and to have a good life. Maybe in her mind leaving him with someone outside of the family unit was the best option. This makes me wonder who she was reaching out to when she made her plans. How hard did the investigators look into the people she had contact with?

Just my thoughts.

All we can do is say a prayer that this boy is Timmothy and will be reunited with is family. If it is not Timmothy, he certainly would know of Timmothy to be using his name. Either way this boy will be safe now. Ya gotta wonder if there are more boys in his situation he may know of also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288