GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

Well, then a lot of us are. Try not to feel bad. We move on and keep looking!
Thanks. I was convinced it was him because I couldn’t figure out why someone would make this up?

When I saw the unblurred photo, I felt a dash of hope because I noticed the nose was not “upturned” like Jim and Timmothy’s but I told myself it wasn’t a good photo to be certain...

At least Timmothy was not violated and beaten by “these two men”?

And yet, no statement "We have no reason to believe this is..." to the media? This was irresponsible all around.

I totally agree with you He is one thing but media and all others involved in letting this go so far are another thing. There were several factors here to question that they had to know. This disgusts me.

This case is not unknown; I have known about it for years although I was never on this site. It of course is from some time back. I hope the family gets answers and the case is solved. I hope his case gets looked at hard again.

His family were revictimized yesterday and today imo and not from only this man. Let's add anyone who clearly knew he was an adult and saw him up close and other things that we know now, like refusing to give fingerprints and more.

I wonder what the woman shown on here earlier from SM is now saying about who in LE it was that told her more children were involved... smh.

If he is as young as he states we do not know his circumstances? It seems odd to me someone so young would know Timmothy’s story. Maybe it is possible he was told he was Timmothy. We do not know anything yet. I cannot judge someone so young who appears to have been abused.

With his extensive criminal record? Hell ya we can.

Based on the psychology of suicidal parents and the fact that he's never been found, and she changed her clothes at some point on the day he disappeared, and the clothes were never found, plus the super fun "farewell" adventure she took him on before she killed herself?

Yeah.

I wish I could believe in the Amish family fantasy. I believe no way would those people keep an "English" boy and break the law in that manner.

They do read the news.
I think she killed him and in the suicide letter couldn’t admit to killing her child.

Tell me, WSers,, if that man in the mug shot showed up at your door selling candy for his middle school band camp, would anyone believe he was a kid? Nobody would! How in the heck did this story ever go public?

Looks quite different now, what a .......
Brian Michael Rini: Fast Facts On The Man Who Claimed To Be Timmothy Pitzen
1. Newport police identify the person claiming to be Timmothy Pitzen as Brian Michael Rini, 23, of Medina, Ohio.

2. Rini has a criminal record, including burglary and vandalism. In 2015, he was arrested and pleaded guilty to making false alarms involving a law enforcement agency.

brian-rini.jpg

Brian Rini. (Credit: Belmont Correctional Institution)

I am posting like a mother right now but I really am enraged. I am absolutely pissed at this creepy dude... but why the hell didn’t LE make a comment a shut it down? They could have said SOMETHING so the media didn’t take this and run with it. Like “we cannot confirm he claimed this at the moment and we do not believe anything at the moment.” WHY? This actually would have been a time to make a comment.. then if it turned out to be him well comment again. Like this just got so huge for some junkie who watched a crime doc, now it’s again the family’s expense. I’m sick of people.

Ps. It’s really hard commenting here from a phone, I’m usually good at grammar!

bbm

LE did say that. They said they couldn't confirm anything but that he wasn't a missing person from the Tri-State area (OH-KY-IN). They can't control what the media does. Other than that LE was basically silent, other than saying when they approximately expected the DNA results back. They don't show everything they've got, they never do. I think there was a lot going on behind the scenes with LE and Timmothy's family that we don't know about. LE were basically forced into commenting on it when witnesses spoke to the media. It wasn't LE that came out with a big announcement saying 'we may have found Timmothy Pitzen'.

All MOO and JMO

And, now while dealing with the news it is NOT Timmothy... the family has media camped out in front of their house. COME ON PEOPLE, have a sense of decency and leave them alone! Some want to talk and have talked, some do not. There is no need to make them prisoners in their own home.
Agreed.
If they don't want to talk, they shouldn't have to.

But maybe--while the media is there... I'd take that time to publicly demand that the mileage from the mom's last car drive be released.(between the time of her last store footage and before she changed clothes--which haven't been found.)
I don't understand why they won't release that ?
That was mentioned in podcasts about Timmothy.

The family has questions that weren't answered and now is the time to ask.

If they're able to talk (I cannot imagine how hard this was for them) ... seize the moment and let the public know they have unanswered questions.

Any other questions that LE have not answered ?

Did they ever search through the mom's phone records ?
And if they did and found nothing, it's doubtful she gave to to someone she'd just met-- how would she know they wouldn't just turn her in ?

Because if Timmothy's no longer with us-- it'd give searchers a an idea of where to look.
If he's deceased... she might not have concealed him very well and there'd be remains somewhere ?

I struggle to imagine anyone taking him in with good intentions and keeping him alive for this long.
But then there's cases like Jaycee D.

Last edited:
LE could have made a statement such as “We are unable to confirm that the individual is who he is claiming to be until we receive results of DNA testing.”

They could have used an “attorney-like” statement to hint it’s NOT Timmy or at least urge caution.

Now then, this genius' case could get more interesting. His description of his two "kidnappers" could be his buddies because his description was WAY too precise. I still say he was dropped off after given a "ride" across the bridges and "found" within a block of Campbell County jail. ANY Red Roof is just too far!
As of 2 seconds ago according to WCPO, he has yet to be charged with anything. I have personal feelings about that, but will keep them to myself except the word cruel comes to mind.
IMHO, MOO, MOO

I don't know. That description seemed cartoonish to me. Made me skeptical.

Why would a man who has already been involved with the criminal justice system, served time in prison, actually do a stupid crime like this?

Did he want to go back to jail? Was he a lazy who didn’t want to work?

Have we heard what his motive was?

Imagine when his nurses told him to undress, lol!
I’m almost certain he’s not sharp enough to realize the ramifications when he used Timmy’s name.
Imo, not one person he dealt with believed he was under 18.
I also think he didn’t walk from Cinci, I think he got dumped in Newport & was looking for keys dangling from an ignition.

Thank you. I am really embarrassed. I was convinced.

Also, Timmothy’s family was put through the ringer.

It's not stupid to believe the reporting from professional journalists. There's no way this guy was at a Children's hospital for more than 5 minutes before someone realized what was going on. This was just irresponsible reporting all around. These two threads were all based on MSM reporting from local and national news sources. If you can't believe that, what can you believe?

If this guy refused to provide his fingerprints as reported then LE knew as soon as that happened that this likely was not Timmothy. I think they should have said "we have no reason to believe... but we are investigating..." and poured cold water on this in the beginning. If it ended up being Timmothy, they would have good news to report to the world.

Any hint to MSM that this seemed to be a disturbed adult and not a child may have made the media tap the breaks.

bbm

LE did say that. They said they couldn't confirm anything but that he wasn't a missing person from the Tri-State area (OH-KY-IN). They can't control what the media does. Other than that LE was basically silent, other than saying when they approximately expected the DNA results back. They don't show everything they've got, they never do. I think there was a lot going on behind the scenes with LE and Timmothy's family that we don't know about. LE were basically forced into commenting on it when witnesses spoke to the media. It wasn't them that came out with a big announcement saying 'we may have found Timmothy Pitzen'.

All MOO and JMO

When/where was that quoted from police? A news reporter did a whole FB video that FBI and LE he spoke too were confident about his identity being Timmothy. And other news sites just said police are running DNA testings. I did not see them ever say anything to shut it down. They just keep quiet

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back