GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

A lot of people here blaming LE for various things (not taking fingerprints - the guy refused to give them, not shutting down media rumours - not their job, they stated from the beginning they would have no further comment until DNA was back, not realizing he wasn’t 14 - maybe they did, but that’s part of an investigation and why they did DNA, or maybe they didn’t, I would expect a 14 year old who has pontentially lived in horrific abusive situations to possibly look older and more ragged).

Regardless, the only person who can be blamed right now is the loser con artist.

They did not say anything in those articles. In fact the FBI confirmed publicly they were involved in this now. They could have taken that guys prints and found out way sooner and FBI would not have even had to join in. I'm pretty sure if you're a professional you could tell that's no a 14 year old boy. And yes they CAN make a comment to the media. They chose not to comment. They should have.

You're seemingly still assuming they didn't see he wasn't a 14 year old boy. Among other things we think about this differently. I think we do agree that we're angry about this imposter, so let's focus on that. And on keeping Timmothy's name out there, and seeing if there's anything that can be done to finally find him for real. He and his family deserve that.

JMO/MOO

I'm home now, and I've cracked a lovely Amarone, and... I'm just wicked pissed. I was hoping I'd pop in and see he'd been arrested. The nerve of this guy is incredible.

I'm a bit cheesed at myself, too. Things in his story obviously stunk from jump, but I get soooo hopeful, man!

*pulls self together*

What do we know about Amy, other than she had been married multiple times and struggled with mental illness? What was her personality like, what kind of mom was she prior to her death? Was she a prideful woman?

You want the media to make demands on LE while they're at the familie's home?

Partly agree.
If they don't want to talk, they shouldn't have to.

But maybe--while the media is there... I'd take that time to publicly demand that the mileage from the mom's last car drive be released.(between the time of her last store footage and before she changed clothes--which haven't been found.)
I don't understand why they won't release that ?

Any other questions that LE have not answered ?

Did they ever search through the mom's phone records ?
And if they did and found nothing, it's doubtful she gave to to someone she'd just met-- how would she know they wouldn't just turn her in ?

Because if Timmothy's no longer with us-- it'd give searchers a an idea of where to look.
If he's deceased... she might not have concealed him very well and there'd be remains somewhere ?

I struggle to imagine anyone taking him in with good intentions and keeping him alive for this long.
But then there's cases like Jaycee D.

Thank you. I am really embarrassed. I was convinced.

Also, Timmothy’s family was put through the ringer.

There’s no reason for anyone to feel embarrassed. Most of us were not right there where we could see this guy close up. LE was and after he took the hoodie off his approximate age should have been fairly apparent. It probably was, but they had to check it out to see who this guy is.

The one thing that kept nagging me was his statement about his birthdate. I could buy someone who went missing at almost 7 to remember their birthday but not so much the year of birth. All of that info might be lost after spending years in an abusive situation where birthdays were probably not celebrated.

If a family is trying to hide him they would likely have changed the day and year to make identification less likely.

JMO

Oh! We had talked about his age in many, many posts so I thought you knew.

And I agree. I won't let it ruin my faith in humanity or in the goodness in the world.

Frankly, I think creeps like this are rare compared to decent humans. It's hard not to think otherwise when following these cases but the bad is what makes the news. Because it's "new".

There is a great documentary called I Am. Came out in 2003 I believe. It explores whether humans are innately good or bad.

Changed my world. And helps us to see reality and stay positive when immersed in the darkness.
I took my dog for a walk and this thread is moving fast but I started reading where I left off so did not get to his age for a bit.

I feel terrible for the family. I am just hoping they were not as optimistic as us. Hoping LE gave them more information than we were hearing on MSM and they were aware much sooner than we were.

Many folks here sure believed it was him. This is a public site, anyone can read here.

My question was not about a blurry photo from afar and reading about it. It was about the people down there standing in front of him and looking right at this guy. No sane person would mistake him for a 14 year old. That was my only point as people feel badly about being duped and nobody is here looking at him, in person.

Last edited:
It's not stupid to believe the reporting from professional journalists. There's no way this guy was at a Children's hospital for more than 5 minutes before someone realized what was going on. This was just irresponsible reporting all around. These two threads were all based on MSM reporting from local and national news sources. If you can't believe that, what can you believe?

If this guy refused to provide his fingerprints as reported then LE knew as soon as that happened that this likely was not Timmothy. I think they should have said "we have no reason to believe... but we are investigating..." and poured cold water on this in the beginning. If it ended up being Timmothy, they would have good news to report to the world.

Any hint to MSM that this seemed to be a disturbed adult and not a child may have made the media tap the breaks.
I agree now that I've seen a photo of the man. No way was he 14! I'm baffled why LE announced it to the national news media and summoned the officers from Aurora P.D. two states away. How incredibly cruel for Tim's family.

JMO

My question was not about a blurry photo from afar and reading about it. It was about the people down there standing in front looking right at this guy. Nobody sane person would mistake him for a 14 year old. That was my only point as people feel badly about duped and it's nobody here looking at him, in person.
Can I see the most recent photo of him you've seen? or are you basing it on a completely different photo from a very different date/time?

Honestly asking

It's not stupid to believe the reporting from professional journalists. There's no way this guy was at a Children's hospital for more than 5 minutes before someone realized what was going on. This was just irresponsible reporting all around. These two threads were all based on MSM reporting from local and national news sources. If you can't believe that, what can you believe?

If this guy refused to provide his fingerprints as reported then LE knew as soon as that happened that this likely was not Timmothy. I think they should have said "we have no reason to believe... but we are investigating..." and poured cold water on this in the beginning. If it ended up being Timmothy, they would have good news to report to the world.

Any hint to MSM that this seemed to be a disturbed adult and not a child may have made the media tap the breaks.

I don't know that it was irresponsible reporting. Several witnesses spoke to the media. None said he looked like a man.

IMO, if they had tried to "shut it down" before they had the DNA results, some would be saying they were re-traumatizing the victim by not believing him.

When/where was that quoted from police? A news reporter did a whole FB video that FBI and LE he spoke too were confident about his identity being Timmothy. And other news sites just said police are running DNA testings. I did not see them ever say anything to shut it down. They just keep quiet

Exactly. I could blame media and LE for me going against my better judgement and jumping on the bandwagon (did the same thing in the Delphi murders case when DN was widely believed to be the perp), or, I could take this as a lesson for myself and think, ok, what did I miss? Lay out the facts and reasoning and logic here and learn from it. That's what I choose to do for myself.

It's worth a discussion. This is rare but has happened before. Helps me with sleuthing to research and catalogue these things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back