GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

I think until they were 100% sure he was not Timmothy, they had to err on the side of caution, that he could be. I can imagine the outrage from some folks, "what, you are forcing him to give his fingerprints"?
Also, I can see LE suspecting/knowing he couldn't be Timmothy, but wondering if maybe there was a connection somehow: that he was captive with him? Or he knew the captors somehow? and not wanting to confront him about his identity until they had questioned him about any possible connection to T.

Also, since when do the police allow you to refuse to be fingerprinted? Why didn't they insist on fingerprints? If I was possibly in the middle of committing a crime, I can't see LAPD saying "do you want to give us your fingerprints or nah" and me saying "hard pass." Like, that would NEVER happen!

I know still photos can be deceptive but dang, this guy sure looks different in these two photos. Did he bleach his brows, too? Weight, obviously, adds to the difference, as well. Anyway, in neither he does look anywhere close to 14.

810defaa-2672-4de2-9dd8-9c35ff5d422e-jpeg.178020

timmothy-pitzer-hoaxer-jpg.178040

From previous link:

The boy allegedly asked residents to “call the cops” because he was tired, his stomach hurt, and had been “running for two hours.” He told police that he was Timmothy Pitzen and had been held captive for seven years by two white men who were “body-builder types.” He said he had just escaped and ran across the bridge between Ohio and Kentucky, according to Reuters. He also said he had been kept at a Red Roof Inn and his captors had been driving a “newer model Ford SUV,” according to a police report reviewed by ABC7. Investigators were dispatched to search nearby Red Roof Inns.

First, I’m glad he did not hurt any of the residents that assisted him.
Secondly, I’d like to know if he had any money/drugs/paraphenelua or weapons on his person.
He may have been scared for his life, possibly he messed with the wrong person & wanted LE to harbor him. Someone might have been chasing him either on foot or in car, someone he thought ready to kill him.
Moo

I think she killed him and in the suicide letter couldn’t admit to killing her child.
Same. I think she didn’t want to admit it just in case her suicide attempt wasn’t successful. In her mind, she may very well have given Timmothy to loving people— maybe she was referring to angels/heaven. It is very difficult to rationalize an irrational person’s thought process or actions.

Also, since when do the police allow you to refuse to be fingerprinted? Why didn't they insist on fingerprints? If I was possibly in the middle of committing a crime, I can't see LAPD saying "do you want to give us your fingerprints or nah" and me saying "hard pass." Like, that would NEVER happen!

You can't be fingerprinted unless you're arrested. Probable cause. The US Constitution protects us from LE demanding anything from us, including fingerprints.

He was smart. He was likely trying to steal a car and conned his way out of it.

LE didn't arrest him. They were trying to determine his ID and treating him like a possible victim.

I hope he's being treated like the perp he is, now.

Attachments

• F8694E4F-8D67-4217-BFB0-9A60B15CED64.jpeg
    F8694E4F-8D67-4217-BFB0-9A60B15CED64.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 42
I wonder where he got Timmothy’s information? He would have been 15ish when Timmothy disappeared? Did he make note of missing children information to use when he was caught in criminal acts? I probably should move on but I am super curious about where he got the name?

And date of birth and full name!! I wonder if he's been saving that for some scam.

Maybe he's a true crime fan and watches the ID channel and other true crime shows. I believe there have been several shows about Timmothy in recent years.

I wonder where he got Timmothy’s information? He would have been 15ish when Timmothy disappeared? Did he make note of missing children information to use when he was caught in criminal acts? I probably should move on but I am super curious about where he got the name?

Exactly. Since none of us were down there looking at him, we can't say what their (I assume you mean the citizens on the street) perception was. He told them he was Timmothy and he was 14. If they hadn't of believed him, people would criticize them for re-victimizing him.

I'm thinking he's a good actor. Knows how to use younger facial expressions, body language and speech. He's a practiced con. These people are helpers. They were trying to prevent him at first from stealing a neighbor's car. That can be dangerous but they stepped in.

So when he started acting like a frightened child their instinct to help maybe blinded them to any tells that he was older.

I'm not going to blame them.

The intensity of the moment and his sociopathic ability to con probably got the best of them.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The first post yesterday about Timmothy had a link to a local media story. There was no reason for anyone to not believe it was factual and based on what LE told the reporters. Less than an hour later, the FBI also announced via Twitter they were involved. There is no doubt it was LE driving the coverage, not the other way around.

Lost, bruised boy pleaded: 'I just want to get home'

FBI Louisville‏Verified account @FBILouisville

FBILouisville and @FBICincinnati are actively coordinating with the Newport PD, @CincyPD, Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office, and @AuroraPoliceIL on a missing child investigation. There will be no further statement made on this matter until we have additional information.

10:50 AM - 3 Apr 2019

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks