CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought, the court sessions for child custody and the criminal case were perhaps scheduled one day after another with regard to CB/DB, living in another state. Now it seems, the schedule has nothing to do with the trouble of travelling, which CB/DB have to absolve. Unfair, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good catch Sam.

Definitely implies a "Not Guilty" plea eventually. Otherwise the judge would not have been thinking about setting a trial date.

Of course it could just mean that the judge thought it would be premature to set a trial date, until the defense had all the information in order for the defendant to make and informed decision about how to plea....MOO

I wonder why he thinks that. I would think it could be either one.
Any ideas?

I took it literally based on what the judge said. Like he was fixing to set a trial date and that would imply a "not guilty" plea in order to set the trial date.

Sometimes consultations in the judge's chambers happen beforehand and a lot of times the judge, prosecution, and defense know whats fixing to happen.

"Judge Scott Sells says he doesn’t think it’s appropriate to set a trial date until Frazee gets more info on forensic testing"

If one is truly not guilty, why wait to plead?

Yep, it's intuitively obvious to the most casual Observer what you stated.

Yet, others will have other reasons for such. I just hope the media says, and in your words, to the community and to the public at large exactly that fact.

Succinct, and to the fact!

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The testing they’re waiting on is the consumptive testing, which they still have to finalize a procedure for. May says some of the evidence hasn’t been tested yet. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:11 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Beth Reed now talking about the social services record. She’s referencing the lack of reports suggesting Kelsey Berreth harmed her daughter (like Frazee claimed). She says these records are post-arrest. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:12 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May won’t comment on what the item needed for consumptive testing is. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says it’s not the time to think about pursuing the death penalty. It must happen after arraignment. After the plea, they have 9 weeks to decide. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:13 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
When asked about a change of venue, May says that’s a question for the defense, who would request that. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:14 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says he won’t comment on whether a plea deal is being pursued. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on TwitterThat’s a wrap. The overarching message, though they won’t say it verbatim, is that they expect Frazee to plead not guilty. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:15 AM - 5 Apr 2019

IMO he is waiting to see the forensic discovery before he make a decision on how he pleads...he's guilty, but wants to to see if he can get away with it...an insanity defense or pin it on KK?

Don't believe I have ever seen an arraignment postponed like this.

IDK but it seems like his defense wants to know what the evidence is before they make a plea. If testing favors him, they will plead not guilty.

I tend to think that he wants to know what the evidence is, so he can relate to his team that are on the outside right now, what to spin in the media for him. They have been very quiet.

Search at landfill for Kelsey Berreth's remains about 40% complete
The Woodland Park Police Department says investigators haven't found Kelsey Berreth's remains at a Midway Landfill after more than a month of searching, but they've still got a lot to sift through.

The department gave an update on Thursday saying that investigators are about "35 to 40% of the way" through a cell at the landfill that was identified as the search area. That area is about 250 feet by 125 feet and is 25 feet deep. Officers say the refuse is compressed, which is slowing down the search.

[...]

The search of the Midway Landfill started in late February, and authorities said it could last several months.

[...]
Godspeed can be so slow,and tedious at times. I hope they reap infinite evidence once this search is all done,and they can bury PF,and cohorts deep in the bowels of the prison system.

IMO he is waiting to see the forensic discovery before he make a decision on how he pleads...he's guilty, but wants to to see if he can get away with it...an insanity defense or pin it on KK?

Don't believe I have ever seen an arraignment postponed like this.
Analyst on HLN agrees with you, says it's very unusual for arraignment to be postponed like that.

What has the social service to do with PF's arrest? I don't understand.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 28 Min.Vor 28 Minuten
Now discussing the social services records. Reed says they are related to Frazee’s arrest (standard any time someone is arrested). Defense will be able to see them, but they’re limited to the public. And that’s it for the hearing. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
Lance Benzel on Twitter
DHS records mentioned during hearing were “post-arrest records,” prosecutor Beth Reed confirms at news conference. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
9:17 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The testing they’re waiting on is the consumptive testing, which they still have to finalize a procedure for. May says some of the evidence hasn’t been tested yet. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:11 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Beth Reed now talking about the social services record. She’s referencing the lack of reports suggesting Kelsey Berreth harmed her daughter (like Frazee claimed). She says these records are post-arrest. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May won’t comment on what the item needed for consumptive testing is. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says it’s not the time to think about pursuing the death penalty. It must happen after arraignment. After the plea, they have 9 weeks to decide. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:13 AM - 5 Apr 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
When asked about a change of venue, May says that’s a question for the defense, who would request that. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says he won’t comment on whether a plea deal is being pursued. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on TwitterThat’s a wrap. The overarching message, though they won’t say it verbatim, is that they expect Frazee to plead not guilty. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:15 AM - 5 Apr 2019

"Sam Kraemer on Twitter
9:12 AM - 5 Apr 2019"

... we now have the answer to when the accusations were made and were investigated. It was after the arrest! Moo

I wonder why he thinks that. I would think it could be either one.
Any ideas?

Not sure. I can't think of any benefits to PF to delay "defendant's arraignment" -- it's not like he's going to make bail.

Perhaps courtesy to the Court and/or schedule, and eliminate the need to request preliminary hearing continuance, etc.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members