GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

I just don't understand why people impersonate grown missing children! DNA is going to rule them out. Why do they go through knowing that? Is it to get 15 minutes of infamy? A copycat imposter of Frédéric Bourdin? Who got away with impersonating Nick Barclay for longer than he should have regardless of the fact he had different hair/eye colors and accent.

P
I just don't understand why people impersonate grown missing children! DNA is going to rule them out. Why do they go through knowing that? Is it to get 15 minutes of infamy? A copycat imposter of Frédéric Bourdin? Who got away with impersonating Nick Barclay for longer than he should have regardless of the fact he had different hair/eye colors and accent.
Prob had someone chasing after him, is my guess & he had this story already created for his next run in with the law.
There will be many more, imo.

#LATEST: Brian Rini’s latest mugshot. Booked in the Hamilton County (Ohio) Jail last night at 11:10PM according to jail website.

**For those following outside our area, Cincinnati is in Hamilton County. #wlwt @wlwt

View attachment 178117

Dan Griffin WLWT on Twitter

In this picture he appears to have heterochromia iridium, one brown eye and one blue eye. Which is interesting as yesterday it was pointed out that one photo showed brown eyes and one showed blue. I am ready for my annual eye checkup so I could just be seeing things.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
Last edited:
Posted: 9:25 AM, Apr 05, 2019
Updated: 5 minutes ago
“CINCINNATI -- The man who told police he was a missing boy from Illinois when he was found in Newport, Kentucky on Wednesday, is now being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center on an FBI detainer, according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

Brian Michael Rini, 23, was booked into the jail at 11:10 p.m. Thursday, according to the jail's website.

It's not yet clear what charges Rini could face, and authorities don't know why Rini claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen, a boy who has been missing since 2011.

[SBM]”
Man who said he was Timmothy Pitzen in Hamilton Co. jail

Agreed.
If they don't want to talk, they shouldn't have to.

But maybe--while the media is there... I'd take that time to publicly demand that the mileage from the mom's last car drive be released.(between the time of her last store footage and before she changed clothes--which haven't been found.)
I don't understand why they won't release that ?
That was mentioned in podcasts about Timmothy.

The family has questions that weren't answered and now is the time to ask.

If they're able to talk (I cannot imagine how hard this was for them) ... seize the moment and let the public know they have unanswered questions.

Any other questions that LE have not answered ?

Did they ever search through the mom's phone records ?
And if they did and found nothing, it's doubtful she gave to to someone she'd just met-- how would she know they wouldn't just turn her in ?

Because if Timmothy's no longer with us-- it'd give searchers a an idea of where to look.
If he's deceased... she might not have concealed him very well and there'd be remains somewhere ?

I struggle to imagine anyone taking him in with good intentions and keeping him alive for this long.
But then there's cases like Jaycee D.
I was wondering how much time elapsed between the last two times she was seen on video, the last time without him... how far could she have driven in that time and what areas are concealed enough to put him?
I really want to believe he’s alive and well somewhere though.

“#Breaking: Statement by FBI Cincinnati regarding charges in case of man claiming to be missing Aurora IL teen. Brian M. Rini has been charged by the #FBI with making false statements to a federal agent.”
11:40 AM 4/5/19
FBI Cincinnati on Twitter

D3Zmy0ZW4AAalL8

“#Breaking: Statement by FBI Cincinnati regarding charges in case of man claiming to be missing Aurora IL teen. Brian M. Rini has been charged by the #FBI with making false statements to a federal agent.”
11:40 AM 4/5/19
FBI Cincinnati on Twitter

D3Zmy0ZW4AAalL8

Ooo I love a good federal charge on jerks like this guy.

I was wondering how much time elapsed between the last two times she was seen on video, the last time without him... how far could she have driven in that time and what areas are concealed enough to put him?
I really want to believe he’s alive and well somewhere though.
I think that there is an approximate 6 hour window between when her phone records showed she contacted her family (while north of Sterling, IL) and when she was seen alone on video in the dollar store in Winnebago, IL.
I would like to believe that in those three days they were together, she wanted to give Timmothy as many happy memories as she could of them together before she handed him over to people who would love him so much, that they cannot bear to give him back now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back