IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Where are you Amiah? This poor little girl is going to be forgotten before long she’s moving down the thread and there’s been no news :(
Absolutely heartbreaking, why isn’t her mother screaming from rooftops for her baby? Why isn’t anyone talking? This tiny little girl is probably in a hole somewhere out in the cold and NO ONE is talking.

No Blondiexoxo - Amiah won't be forgotten here, please don't despair of that. People care I'm sure. Here we only hear of those that have never cared which is why we are here and stay here. x

Where are you Amiah? This poor little girl is going to be forgotten before long she’s moving down the thread and there’s been no news :(
Absolutely heartbreaking, why isn’t her mother screaming from rooftops for her baby? Why isn’t anyone talking? This tiny little girl is probably in a hole somewhere out in the cold and NO ONE is talking.

I agree. This has gone too quiet, way too quiet. At least a few weeks ago we knew of searches continuing, even if the news was frustrating, and stories by people involved were not seeming to be the truth, there was activity on it.

Hopefully there is more going on behind the scenes than we know but I am not so sure of that.

Ahhh, but you've given people a warning. If they want to answer/respond to the hidden question/notation, they will click on that 'spoiler' button. If squeamish, they will bypass.

Of course, once the responses start flowing, they will kinda get an inkling on what was hidden. I think that's correct. Hmmmmm.

ETA: I have no idea on the answer to your question. :)
It can take weeks for a body to decompose in the water, but for bones to actual separate from the body, it takes much longer, especially in cold water.
Bodies have been found years later, although skeletinized, completely intact.
That's my answer. Jmo

I agree. This has gone too quiet, way too quiet. At least a few weeks ago we knew of searches continuing, even if the news was frustrating, and stories by people involved were not seeming to be the truth, there was activity on it.

Hopefully there is more going on behind the scenes than we know but I am not so sure of that.
I'm sure there is still an ongoing investigation, although there may be less people working on it at this point.
It's really frustrating not to even have an update by now.
Are the FBI involved? I thought they were but I may be thinking about another case.

I'm sure there is still an ongoing investigation, although there may be less people working on it at this point.
Are the FBI involved? I thought they were but I may be thinking about another case.

I seem to recall the case file being up to 100 pages now, too. I have the feeling a missing infant case is not going to be forgotten, just quiet at times.

I as pretty sure they were involved but I also could be thinking of another case. However, to what extent I don' know either, they are likely just assisting in some areas?

It is frustrating. Picturing the people possibly involved running around likely doing as they wish while this baby is missing bothers me to no end.

Disappearance of soft tissue and the disarticulation of human remains from aqueous environments. - PubMed - NCBI
( Qmfr:
Warning / graphic question / scroll and roll if you are sensitive to forensic discussion of decomposition factors.

(I wonder if the spoiler code works with the new software here?)

Test:
test

ETA:
Sweet! It works.

Warning / graphic question:
If Amiah is in the water, how long would it take for disarticulation to occur, based on the variable conditions

Wait, but then you guys have to answer lol.

Iirc I’ve discussed disarticulation with these guys before maybe , iirc you guys are in the Canadian foot threads from years ago? Other threads well... :(
( @dotr and @carbuff
@watcher9 )

—/

Just want to say sorry the discussion is graphic and disturbing :( this is a forensic-related forum though... I’m afraid the subject of decomposition and disarticulation in water, etc can not be avoided, especially at this stage in the investigation. We know that every minute that goes by this could potentially mean less evidence.

I tested the spoiler code earlier but thinking about this more, perhaps a “warning graphic” preface is substantial; i did the spoiler bc I’ve gotten angry feedback before on iscussing decomp and being insensitive so want to make that clear that it’s a hard thing to talk about, but where we are unfortuantely, moo. (Ugh just had a terrible flashback of taking about Dylan being in the water uggghhh)

So, as much as I hate to do it, I have to ask when disarticulation would occur. There is a chance she is in the water, moo.

A weather timeline is needed in addition to water temperatures, etc.

ETA: Actually I see @carlk90245 is online? Carl, do you by any chance have any knowledge about/ experience with baby remains, perhaps as related to disarticulation in particular etc :( Any references are appreciated :(

Last edited:
To answer the question some asked: The FBI is involved in the "Amiah missing" case.
Here's a link: UPDATE: FBI now assisting IMPD with search for missing 8-month-old girl

The case of the family beaten, including a 3 month and a 9 month old babies... the news report doesn't give me much hope.
Family wants justice after baseball bat attack in near northeast side home
From the article:

"He claimed a group kicked down their door and began beating them with bats."
....and yet; from the article:

"Police aren't calling this a home invasion. They believe it is an isolated incident involving family members and acquaintances of the family."

The family wants justice and they know who attacked them... so, where is the follow up story of arrests having been made? I don't know what's wrong with LE, lack of resources, whatever it is... or, what's wrong with any follow up reporting being done by news agencies... but, something is very wrong in Indianapolis when it comes to moving things along through the news, LE and justice processes, imo. Every time I look at the Indianapolis local news I, too, am overwhelmed by the amount of and seriousness of the crimes I see... and how very little seems to be done about it. Amiah could be so easily lost in the middle of all the chaos. Maybe she already is. Heart breaking but; they are all heart breaking cases just languishing. JMO.

To answer the question some asked: The FBI is involved in the "Amiah missing" case.
Here's a link: UPDATE: FBI now assisting IMPD with search for missing 8-month-old girl

The case of the family beaten, including a 3 month and a 9 month old babies... the news report doesn't give me much hope.
Family wants justice after baseball bat attack in near northeast side home
From the article:

"He claimed a group kicked down their door and began beating them with bats."
....and yet; from the article:

"Police aren't calling this a home invasion. They believe it is an isolated incident involving family members and acquaintances of the family."

The family wants justice and they know who attacked them... so, where is the follow up story of arrests having been made? I don't know what's wrong with LE, lack of resources, whatever it is... or, what's wrong with any follow up reporting being done by news agencies... but, something is very wrong in Indianapolis when it comes to moving things along through the news, LE and justice processes, imo. Every time I look at the Indianapolis local news I, too, am overwhelmed by the amount of and seriousness of the crimes I see... and how very little seems to be done about it. Amiah could be so easily lost in the middle of all the chaos. Maybe she already is. Heart breaking but; they are all heart breaking cases just languishing. JMO.

I did not understand this one either. The first article I read said no arrests were made. Were children not hit with a bat? Does it matter if they are strangers or know to the family? Is that not a crime? I fail to understand this unless the media has something incorrect or, as you stated, there was no follow up story about arrests...

Since the beginning of the year to April 1, there have been 30 murders in Indy and Amiah is listed among them. I counted 17 as being unsolved. Here's a link to the database:

Caspio ACME

In the past, LE has had little cooperation with witnesses in solving its cases.

Edited to correct the date I posted.

Last edited:
Since April 1, there have been 30 murders in Indy and Amiah is listed among them. I counted 17 as being unsolved. Here's a link to the database:

Caspio ACME

In the past, LE has had little cooperation with witnesses in solving its cases.
Staggering amount of homicide and violence I agree. But really, how hard is it to figure this one out? You've got a mother, a bf and an 8 month old baby. The baby is missing and has been for a month.

If they can't solve this and arrest someone(s) than I'm more than a little disgusted and disappointed.

I did not understand this one either. The first article I read said no arrests were made. Were children not hit with a bat? Does it matter if they are strangers or know to the family? Is that not a crime? I fail to understand this unless the media has something incorrect or, as you stated, there was no follow up story about arrests...
“3-month-old boy, TC, was still hooked up to a ventilator after he was in surgery for several hours. A mom of a 9-month-old girl said her daughter was punched in the face, but she is going to be okay. On Tuesday afternoon, the baby girl was out of the hospital.” (Source...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59.com/2019/04/02/family-wants-justice-after-police-say-people-hit-them-with-baseball-bats-in-near-northeast-side-home/amp/

Police aren't calling this a home invasion. They believe it is an isolated incident involving family members and acquaintances of the family.

LD claims the group of attackers is related to their mom's husband, who they have had problems with for years.”

Oh okay, it was an isolated family incident. :rolleyes: It sure sounds like they are just going to let the family deal with their “personal problems” themselves. (Edit to add: the families- in both cases)

There won’t be any uproar on the climbing homicide rates here until it spills out into the “nice” areas. And ILC, it shouldn’t matter, right? Who hits babies? Who lets the culprits get away with it?
Edit: quotation and to add “MOO”

Last edited:
Staggering amount of homicide and violence I agree. But really, how hard is it to figure this one out? You've got a mother, a bf and an 8 month old baby. The baby is missing and has been for a month.

If they can't solve this and arrest someone(s) than I'm more than a little disgusted and disappointed.
Agree! Is there some unspoken agreement that any case met with poor cooperation is met with apathetic indifference? It appears to be the case. (Moo)

Vent alert: to heck with the adults, innocent babies need justice. Civil society demands justice.

“3-month-old boy, TC, was still hooked up to a ventilator after he was in surgery for several hours. A mom of a 9-month-old girl said her daughter was punched in the face, but she is going to be okay. On Tuesday afternoon, the baby girl was out of the hospital.” (Source...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59.com/2019/04/02/family-wants-justice-after-police-say-people-hit-them-with-baseball-bats-in-near-northeast-side-home/amp/

Police aren't calling this a home invasion. They believe it is an isolated incident involving family members and acquaintances of the family.

LD claims the group of attackers is related to their mom's husband, who they have had problems with for years.”

Oh okay, it was an isolated family incident. :rolleyes: It sure sounds like they are just going to let the family deal with their “personal problems” themselves.

There won’t be any uproar on the climbing homicide rates here until it spills out into the “nice” areas. And ILC, it shouldn’t matter, right? Who hits babies? Who lets the culprits get away with it?
Edit: quotation and to add “MOO”

Unbelievable. Anyone who harms a baby should be under arrest. This sounds like a case where they probably know who and have enough cause, unlike Amiah. Therefore arrest them and get them off the street, assuming that is the case.

Disappearance of soft tissue and the disarticulation of human remains from aqueous environments. - PubMed - NCBI
( Qmfr:

Iirc I’ve discussed disarticulation with these guys before maybe , iirc you guys are in the Canadian foot threads from years ago? Other threads well... :(
( @dotr and @carbuff
@watcher9 )

—/

Just want to say sorry the discussion is graphic and disturbing :( this is a forensic-related forum though... I’m afraid the subject of decomposition and disarticulation in water, etc can not be avoided, especially at this stage in the investigation. We know that every minute that goes by this could potentially mean less evidence.

I tested the spoiler code earlier but thinking about this more, perhaps a “warning graphic” preface is substantial; i did the spoiler bc I’ve gotten angry feedback before on iscussing decomp and being insensitive so want to make that clear that it’s a hard thing to talk about, but where we are unfortuantely, moo. (Ugh just had a terrible flashback of taking about Dylan being in the water uggghhh)

So, as much as I hate to do it, I have to ask when disarticulation would occur. There is a chance she is in the water, moo.

A weather timeline is needed in addition to water temperatures, etc.

ETA: Actually I see @carlk90245 is online? Carl, do you by any chance have any knowledge about/ experience with baby remains, perhaps as related to disarticulation in particular etc :( Any references are appreciated :(
Yea, I can see where this area of discussion could bring some discomfort.
Forensic Anthropology: Current Methods and Practice

Forensic Anthropology

Interesting and yet graphic information.

Last edited:

Articles from the IndyStar Newpaper pretty much explain it all. I had to sign up for free to get these articles. I can copy and paste them here if people object to doing that. Let me know. It's really not OT, imo. Police have to be overwhelmed... our cities are rotting from the inside out, imo. "Solving murder crimes" will naturally have to take a back seat to the every day chaos, imo.

1) "Once this was a dream community. Now it's 'McDonald's for drugs.' "
Once, this was a dream community. Now it's 'McDonald's for drugs.'

2) IMPD hired 110 people in 2018. It also lost 110."

"That is a setback for a department whose strategy depends on having a larger police force. Indianapolis last year set a fourth consecutive annual record for criminal homicides. Mayor Joe Hogsett repeatedly has said that putting more officers on the street is a cornerstone of his strategy for reducing violent crime."
"I never anticipated the problem of having the dollars and not having the people," Roach said Tuesday. (IMPD Chief Bryan Roach)
IMPD hired 110 people in 2018. It also lost 110.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back