The JonBenet Ramsey Case in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaejae

Former Member
Reaction score
One thing I think all posters on Websleuths agree on is the murder of JonBenet was a terrible act that deprived a vibrant young child who loved life of the chance to live hers and I think this is why people are so passionate about it here. When researching the case to me the case has almost crossed over into popular culture with conspiracy theories etc rather than remaining in the true crime genre.

Here is a video that I have found which sums up how some people think about the case. I personally do not find this funny at all yet it has thirty likes as of now:

Of course perhaps the case first crossed over into popular culture with those child beauty pageants which like most I thought were in very bad taste but at the bottom line this case is about the brutal murder of a six year old child.

Of course perhaps the case first crossed over into popular culture with those child beauty pageants which like most I thought were in very bad taste but at the bottom line this case is about the brutal murder of a six year old child.

That isn't funny at all. Jeez. I remember her face being in all the tabloids. My mom wouldn't buy them but my grandmother always did. Maybe I was clueless I didn't know anything about child beauty pageants until her murder. Now there are reality TV shows about them, but back then it didn't seem like common knowledge. Idk

That isn't funny at all. Jeez. I remember her face being in all the tabloids. My mom wouldn't buy them but my grandmother always did. Maybe I was clueless I didn't know anything about child beauty pageants until her murder. Now there are reality TV shows about them, but back then it didn't seem like common knowledge. Idk

Good post. I did not find it funny. It is interesting to study the way the JonBenet Ramsey case is portrayed in American society and culture but I do think most ordinary people care about her murder as she was a little girl that loved her short life to the full. She was glad to be alive and had that taken away from her. Like the majority I do not think those child beauty pageants look very good.

The only other case that even comes close to JonBenét's is Madeleine McCann's in terms of pop culture and public opinion. JonBenét was found in her own house, the whole situation is totally sketchy, a bunch of questions are still being asked to this very day. The fact that we don't know for sure what went down is what keep people talking.
Not sure if y'all have seen this:
jon-benet-ramsey-memorial-beauty-set-7145-1278429761-4.jpg

Good post. I did not find it funny. It is interesting to study the way the JonBenet Ramsey case is portrayed in American society and culture but I do think most ordinary people care about her murder as she was a little girl that loved her short life to the full. She was glad to be alive and had that taken away from her. Like the majority I do not think those child beauty pageants look very good.

I was 11 I think when she died. I remember being surprised by how grown up she looked in pictures and videos of her competing in pageants. It was weird almost at times.

Were beauty pageants a big thing in Colorado in the 90's?

That's a good question. Her mom was in pageants I think. I lived in PA i don't remember hearing about them until after she died. Especially not with the makeup, hair dye, manicures on 5 and 6 year olds. She younger than me and yet she carried herself like an adult on stage. Idk if that makes sense.

The only other case that even comes close to JonBenét's is Madeleine McCann's in terms of pop culture and public opinion. JonBenét was found in her own house, the whole situation is totally sketchy, a bunch of questions are still being asked to this very day. The fact that we don't know for sure what went down is what keep people talking.

No I had not seen that interesting.

That's creepy right? It's not just me?

Here is a video that I have found which sums up how some people think about the case. I personally do not find this funny at all yet it has thirty likes as of now:

Well. That's a real dark humor.

"Kate Quigley as JonBenet Ramsey at The Ted Bundy Roast"

As I says thanks for the post this is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of and had not seen the beauty set before. I agree the Madeleine McCann case is the only case that really gets close as such. I am from the UK and there have been many stories in the papers about it although strictly in crime terms I regard it as a Portuguese case. I still do not think this case is anything like the JonBenet with its impact on American Society. This case is actually bigger than whole Serial Killer cases still. The media for instance are much more interested in who killed JonBenet Ramsey than say a case like the I70 Killer.

As I says thanks for the post this is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of and had not seen the beauty set before. I agree the Madeleine McCann case is the only case that really gets close as such. I am from the UK and there have been many stories in the papers about it although strictly in crime terms I regard it as a Portuguese case. I still do not think this case is anything like the JonBenet with its impact on American Society. This case is actually bigger than whole Serial Killer cases still. The media for instance are much more interested in who killed JonBenet Ramsey than say a case like the I70 Killer.

I think Jonbenet being found in her house on christmas along with the pageant lifestyle captured America's attention. She was this little girl made-up and dancing on stage with adult moves or poise. And a lot of people were shocked or upset seeing a 5 or 6 year old looking so grown up. It didn't hurt that she was pretty from a wealthy family, either.When her parents lawyered up people were very critical. I always thought it was one of them. That is awful but it also makes kids and parents feel safer. I noticed the dad seemed to be blaming the son in one show. It would be nice if she was given closure

Serial killers are like the monsters that hide in a human suit and anyone can be their prey. I've always been interested in what makes them tick and how to avoid them.

I think Jonbenet being found in her house on christmas along with the pageant lifestyle captured America's attention. She was this little girl made-up and dancing on stage with adult moves or poise. And a lot of people were shocked or upset seeing a 5 or 6 year old looking so grown up. It didn't hurt that she was pretty from a wealthy family, either.When her parents lawyered up people were very critical. I always thought it was one of them. That is awful but it also makes kids and parents feel safer. I noticed the dad seemed to be blaming the son in one show. It would be nice if she was given closure

Serial killers are like the monsters that hide in a human suit and anyone can be their prey. I've always been interested in what makes them tick and how to avoid them.

Good post and I totally agree. My particular opinion is JonBenet was killed by a Serial Killer with a very sick sense of humour as seen in the Ransom Note and that her case is a case within a case perhaps in a much more twisted way there is a Play Within A Play in Hamlet.

This may have been posted before but I would like to post it on this thread here is JonBenet depicted in South Park:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88