Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an fyi for anyone who is interested in LE in the UK and how they work cases, there is a fantastic series called 24 hours in police custody. It really is excellent and shows how they build cases for the CPS. Pretty sure it's on YouTube, well worth a watch.

Also Code Blue on ITV. These are both fascinating and informative documentaries .

Put yourself in the position of a potential abductor. You need to make sure the phone isn’t traced and quickly. If you throw it away it might be found. If you turn it off it might still be traceable somehow. Newer phones don’t have a removable battery.
I would want to make sure it is no longer fuctional.... destroying it somehow is the only real way to achieve that in my mind.

Furzton Lake would have been ideal to discard of an unwanted phone. Even if LE found the phone, the water would have destroyed it.

Is there a sub-group? Would be interested in other people’s thoughts....
On WS, you can message someone directly and have a private discussion with up to 20 (maybe 25) people, and you are then able to discuss things that are not in MSM...

I think it has been pretty well verified (as much as we can tell...) that she was seen by a person on the 14th at 10pm. It likely says "last seen" on that date, but she was recorded on cctv the morning after but not necessarily seen by any actual witnesses.

I have to say, I have been comparing this case to Libby's as well as many in the U.S. In the U.S., there are always so many appeals to the public...even if they don't release details that may compromise the investigation. I don't feel like I have seen many cases like this where everyone is so quiet, where public and LE searches seem to be so few.

May I ask, for those of you in the UK, are disappearances like this typically publicized a lot? At least locally? I feel like they usually are...after being on here since January and following quite a few cases from the UK. I know so many of us seem to think this case is odd in so many ways. So, I was just wondering about differences between the countries...I know everything is so sensationalized here! Even if it might jeopardize LE...the media can't help themselves here.

Thanks for any input!

I think it has been pretty well verified (as much as we can tell...) that she was seen by a person on the 14th at 10pm. It likely says "last seen" on that date, but she was recorded on cctv the morning after but not necessarily seen by any actual witnesses.

I have to say, I have been comparing this case to Libby's as well as many in the U.S. In the U.S., there are always so many appeals to the public...even if they don't release details that may compromise the investigation. I don't feel like I have seen many cases like this where everyone is so quiet, where public and LE searches seem to be so few.

May I ask, for those of you in the UK, are disappearances like this typically publicized a lot? At least locally? I feel like they usually are...after being on here since January and following quite a few cases from the UK. I know so many of us seem to think this case is odd in so many ways. So, I was just wondering about differences between the countries...I know everything is so sensationalized here! Even if it might jeopardize LE...the media can't help themselves here.

Thanks for any input!

From my knowledge of abductions in Uk in recent years, the body has been found reasonably soon, or the police have had a suspect usually within a week of the abduction. In Libby Squires’ case, most people felt she has ended up in the river and that’s why it took so long to find her, but they had Person of Interest very early on. Plus other cases, they’ve kept an eye on someone from pretty much the beginning thinking of Tia and Joanna Yeates. There are some cases this doesn’t apply to like Claudia Lawrence, but then people say the police know who did it but have not enough evidence.

Here in Leah’s case, they seem to have very little to go on. Maybe they have some belief that she ran away and were waiting to see how that worked out. But there’s been very little public or media appeals - that bring said the British media are obsessed with Brexit or Meghan so they haven’t given this high priority.

We don’t know, they may have a suspect, they may have someone in for questioning and have just kept it very very quiet.

Thanks for any input!

It’s difficult to quantify how they are normally dealt with, within the local press there have been a few appeals but they have died down somewhat. With the Libby case, I knew about that from day one and that was just with the information that she was last seen outside a night club, and she was not local to me. The general consensus on WS is there is nothing report with Leah as there are no leads for the media to report on, I personally don’t buy that, but as Leah is on my doorstep it kind of skews the mindset

Leah may have gone missing due to stress in her job

It’s difficult to quantify how they are normally dealt with, within the local press there have been a few appeals but they have died down somewhat. With the Libby case, I knew about that from day one and that was just with the information that she was last seen outside a night club, and she was not local to me. The general consensus on WS is there is nothing report with Leah as there are no leads for the media to report on, I personally don’t buy that, but as Leah is on my doorstep it kind of skews the mindset
Thank you...and Plod! I think my view is probably skewed in general now just by being on WS. I knew about both from day one, but only because I am on here. I'm gathering that there are likely just many more cases in the U.S. where people just aren't found. But it is true that LE often has a POI from the beginning, and the public usually knows who it is - which is also what is strange in Leah's case. You typically hear that someone has been questioned, etc.

Thank you...and Plod! I think my view is probably skewed in general now just by being on WS. I knew about both from day one, but only because I am on here. I'm gathering that there are likely just many more cases in the U.S. where people just aren't found. But it is true that LE often has a POI from the beginning, and the public usually knows who it is - which is also what is strange in Leah's case. You typically hear that someone has been questioned, etc.
Maybe they haven’t had
Much to go on and that’s why no POI. Maybe though they’ve questioned poi and we just don’t know it...

Jmo but if police had an idea of a suspect, they would not wait around, when the missing person could well be alive. I think the standard of evidence may differ when there is the potential to rescue a victim. Waiting for more evidence could prove fatal.

Jmo but if police had an idea of a suspect, they would not wait around, when the missing person could well be alive. I think the standard of evidence may differ when there is the potential to rescue a victim. Waiting for more evidence could prove fatal.
But what if they are waiting for the suspect to lead them to the victim?

But what if they are waiting for the suspect to lead them to the victim?

I doubt they would do that...it has been way too long. I think we would have heard of a SWAT team-type search. I remember they did this in at least one case (I think). Maybe it searching for one of serial killer Levi Bellfield?

Thanks for any input![/QUOTE]

I have never known a young girl who has no previous history of going missing have so little press coverage.
The lack of good quality full length photos of her is also unusual.
In other cases there have been community events such as a church service or candle vigils to support the family. These sort of events also give new stories for the press to publish in order to keep public interest.
There have been no interviews with friends or work colleagues.

I think Leah would just leave a job she found really stressful.
She lived at home so would have financial support whilst she looked for something else.

That's the kicker. Leah appears to have a stable, loving relationship, with her family. She knows she is loved, and supported there. This just doesn't feel like a runaway at all, and I hope LE really does have something they are working on.

I have never known a young girl who has no previous history of going missing have so little press coverage.
The lack of good quality full length photos of her is also unusual.
In other cases there have been community events such as a church service or candle vigils to support the family. These sort of events also give new stories for the press to publish in order to keep public interest.
There have been no interviews with friends or work colleagues.

This is the thing. If the police genuinely have nothing to go on you would expect a nation-wide media campaign as well as organised public searches. As it stands, all we are seeing is a couple of missing leaflets getting shared relentlessly online and locally in MK.

If it were me I'd have been physically out searching with as many people as I could gather (think Corrie's mum and those heartbreaking pictures of her raking through undergrowth with a stick) and at this point I wouldn't give a toss if the police advised against it.

The only reason I can think of why TVP are failing to push this case is that they have a strong inkling about what happened and are watching and waiting for someone to slip up. If that's not the case, they are doing a rubbish job of ensuring the media is on board with it, which would absolutely be the norm in a case like this. I live up north and most people I've spoken to have heard about Libby in Hull, but not a single one knows about Leah, not one, not even the one who works in Luton or the one whose family are in Northampton. Leah's disappearance hasn't hit the newspapers or social media enough whatsoever. So... why??

From BringMe's link above

very poor response ( lack of ) from the police if this is accurate ( no reason it shouldnt be )

but this line stood out

If I knew where Leah's family lived I'd approach them myself. all I'm trying to do is help."

That surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members