SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Concern for father and son whose family have been unable to contact them

Police are extremely concerned for a father and son whose family have been unable to get in contact with them.

Daniel and Liam Poole flew to Malaga, Spain, on Sunday (March 31) and checked into a hotel but their family have not had contact with the pair since Monday (April 1).

Daniel, 46, is white, 5’ 9”, of heavy build and with short grey hair.

Liam, 22, is white, 6’, of medium build and with short light brown hair.

Detective Sergeant Alan Fenn of the Missing Persons Team said: “This is extremely unusual behaviour from Daniel and Liam to not be in contact with their family.

“They have been on holiday together before but never have they lost contact with family members in Burgess Hill where they live.

“We, and their family, are eager to hear from anyone who has made contact with either Daniel or Liam since Monday (April 1).”

If you see Daniel or Liam please dial 999. If you have information on their whereabouts or have made contact with either of the pair since the last known contact, please report online or call 101 quoting 720 of 03/04.

upload_2019-4-7_11-14-54.jpeg

Sussex Police

Fears for missing Brit dad and son who disappeared in Malaga six days ago

There's absolutely no reason to buy a Spanish sim card with EU roaming rules. Hotel has free wifi, so not sure why they'd be using an internet cafe.

No idea what's happening here.

Daniel, 46 and Liam, 22 were reportedly staying at the Valle Romano hotel.

“This is completely out of character for them,” Daniel’s partner Tara Poole told the Olive Press today, “they never have their phones off and always keep in touch, we are so worried.”

Tara is flying out with Liam’s girlfriend on Sunday in a bid to find answers and help from Spanish police.

Their last known whereabouts was at an internet cafe in Estepona, where Liam’s account, which his girlfriend has internet access to, shows they spent around €12.

“We think they bought sim cards there to use their phones for the week.

“We are trying to piece together what happened from there but none of it makes sense.

“We think they might have been caught up in something bad.”

Family of British father and son who vanished from Malaga 'fearing the worst' as more details emerge - Olive Press News Spain

There's absolutely no reason to buy a Spanish sim card with EU roaming rules. Hotel has free wifi, so not sure why they'd be using an internet cafe.

No idea what's happening here.

Daniel, 46 and Liam, 22 were reportedly staying at the Valle Romano hotel.

“This is completely out of character for them,” Daniel’s partner Tara Poole told the Olive Press today, “they never have their phones off and always keep in touch, we are so worried.”

Tara is flying out with Liam’s girlfriend on Sunday in a bid to find answers and help from Spanish police.

Their last known whereabouts was at an internet cafe in Estepona, where Liam’s account, which his girlfriend has internet access to, shows they spent around €12.

“We think they bought sim cards there to use their phones for the week.

“We are trying to piece together what happened from there but none of it makes sense.

“We think they might have been caught up in something bad.”

Family of British father and son who vanished from Malaga 'fearing the worst' as more details emerge - Olive Press News Spain
True about the roaming rules and WiFi but I read a few reviews in Spanish from customers complaining that the WiFi was down their whole stay. Seems the hotel is pretty isolated and far from the beaches and restaurants/bars/shopping. I wonder what the hotel has to say about them?

I am curious if the hotel staff provided some type of itinerary to Daniel and Liam and maybe they decided to travel to another town for a couple of days. Is there luggage still in there hotel room.
Maybe they already checkout of the hotel and boarded their flight home which is today. I guess the family will check with the airline to verify if Daniel and Liam boarded the plane. I am hoping this is some type of miscommunication and they will arrive hope safely.

Extreme concern for Sussex father and son missing in Spain

“This is extremely unusual behaviour from Daniel and Liam to not be in contact with their family.

“They have been on holiday together before but never have they lost contact with family members in Burgess Hill where they live.

“We, and their family, are eager to hear from anyone who has made contact with either Daniel or Liam since Monday (April 1).”

– Det Sgt Alan Fenn, Missing Persons Team
Last updated Sun 7 Apr 2019

Their hotel is a golf resort. Did Daniel & Liam play golf? Did they take their clubs with them? Was anything left in their room? Where are their passports? Any CCTV?

Strange lack of basic information and I can't find anything on social media from the family. Wonder if they have been told to keep things quiet in case there's something sinister going on.

my first thought was national parks, did they like visiting such places, found one Sierra Bermeja

The Reales de Sierra Bermeja Natural Site is a natural space split between the municipalities of Casares, Genaguacil and Estepona. Covering a total of 1,236 hectares, it makes up part of the Sierra Bermeja range and separates Serranía de Ronda from the Mediterranean coast.

http://www.visitcostadelsol.com/exp.../natural-park-of-sierra-bermeja-royals-p21591

Today is Monday and they should have returned on Saturday or Sunday - did they?

There is no news that I can find.

If they did not go for a cuppa in that internet café but indeed changed sim cards, they may have been running errands that they did not want traced. Except you have to identify yourself if you buy an anonymous prepaid sim card, Spain has enough problems with terrorism as it is. And what is the point of buying an anonymous sim card and paying for it with your personal bank card? Not the brightest move IMHO.

If they don't want to be traced, they should not upset their families either. But they did.
Then again, they may have used a mifi router in combination with a Spanish sim card, but in that case there is no obvious reason not to contact the family.

No news from the family either that I can find.

Hmmm.......

'
This is completely out of character for them, they never have their phones off and always keep in touch, we are so worried', Tara Poole, Daniel's partner, told the Olive Press.

She last heard from car repair shop owner Daniel on Monday evening during a 'normal' phone conversation.

And Liam's bank account records, which his girlfriend has access to, logs his last purchase in an internet cafe in Estepona, a town in the south west of the province by the Costa del Sol. '
Growing fears for British father and son who disappeared six days ago while on holiday in Malaga | Daily Mail Online

This! Why would they think they were caught up in something bad? I wouldn’t say that about a family member unless I know they dabble in criminal behavior.

why? that's the first thing I would think if someone I was close to disappeared with no explanation
I would think something bad happened before I would think they voluntarily disappeared
and the ppl. I'm close to are not criminals

EXTREMELY CONCERNED’: Brit police issue public appeal to find father and son ‘missing’ in Spain

There has been one unconfirmed sighting of the pair in Estepona but Sussex Police say: “They are still missing.

“We’re looking into various lines of enquiry as part of the investigation but working with partners outside of the UK can be complex and take time.

There has been one unconfirmed sighting from someone who told the police: “I saw them in Estepona, Spain, in the local Lidl shop at about 15:00 CET on Monday, 1st April. I suppose there are cameras in the shop?”

'EXTREMELY CONCERNED': Brit police issue public appeal to find father and son 'missing' in Spain - Euro Weekly News Spain

Wow!
I didn’t know forums like this actually existed these days.
I’m Lauryn Poole.
You already know who I am as it seems I’ve been searched on Facebook by you ‘detectives’

My Brother and Dad are missing.
Nothing more and nothing less.
I have no idea what you are speculating, remember press aren’t always on our side!
Anything for A story.

We know nothing about phones or SIM cards, although we do know they went to an Internet cafe.
They haven’t been back to the hotel since Tuesday.
They haven’t been seen since Tuesday.
Anyone else believing it’s weird that I haven’t posted regarding the missing person post.
My friends and family are aware of what is going on, and I believed it was shared around enough. For myself it was mire a case of seeing negative comments and I didn’t want to open myself up to it on my own profile.
Due to temptation and now lack of patience it seems I have done the very opposite.

Please stop playing detective.
They are missing and we just want them back.
No more, no less.

Thank you! prayers and shares.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey