CA - Kylee Willis, 4, beaten to death for interrupting mom‘s boyfriend, Rancho Cucamonga, Mar 2019

I agree with you. I just went way, way through her pictures and mom's FB. I believe sweet Kylee was loved. A few things stood out to me:

- Mom posted some fill-in-the-blanks thing about couples (you know, you answer and post and then others who are tagged are supposed to do the same) on Jan 9 this year. One question was who has the worst temper, and she had answered, "Him definitely."

- Kylee had lots of love and adventures with family and friends, and seemed to have lots of days full of swimming, parks, playgrounds, and cuddles with the people in her life, including the BF.

- BF is seemingly fully involved in Kylee's life, and many many photos and videos - in all sorts of situations - show warmth and closeness between them.

- Mom stated somewhere in her FB that she is 3 years older than the BF. He seems young (and somewhat immature based on his own FB photos and posts, IMO). He clearly, at the very least, lacked sufficient coping skills to parent any child, let alone a child with special needs.

- Perhaps it is his privacy settings, but BF has zero photos of the children publicly visible on his FB, while mom's is dominated by pictures and videos of her children (and him and her).

- I don't know what, if anything, any of these things mean. I want to believe that he lost it in a fit of rage (he has the worse temper, remember) and struck just one blow that he immediately regretted, that he was devastated and in shock and denial, and that he put her to bed, perhaps out of some severe avoidance issues mixed in with his fear and shock. I want to think it happened in a flash, an instant, and that Kylee did not have time to register what was happening. Please, let this be how it happened.

- Lastly, Kylee- wow, what a dazzling ray of sunshine! Such personality, such radiance. I am so heartbroken that you've been snatched from the world and robbed of a long life of joy and discovery.

Folks, I apologize for my long and disjointed ramblings. I just don't know what to make of this tragedy -- and this is all MOO.

Ramblings? No.
Disjointed? No.
Heartfelt words showing anguish over this angel receiving her wings too soon? Yes.

I have to admit your post, along with many others, brought tears to my cheeks.

IMHO if this monster has a conscience, he will live with this the rest of his days.

I can't even. I have a daughter with Down syndrome. That poor baby girl would have been so scared and so confused about why someone she adored was hurting her!

She would have been 5 in June. She looks just like the little girl with Ds that I help with who will be 4 in June. I cannot even grasp this.

Children with special needs are at a much higher risk for abuse to START with. Then there is the lessened verbal ability to tell when they are being hurt, or to be understood by someone which can lead to frustration. Was she potty trained? Because I can see that also being an issue.

Kylee Rose Willis album:

Corinne Hughes

It looks in that flannel/Christmas dress picture like he is going to kiss her. I went through all of her pictures and it looks like he's been around for a while, at least 2 years. So this wasn't a new boyfriend at least. He was a Dad to her at this point. There are pictures of him dancing with Kylee, holding her hand, etc. He was in the hospital with her, teaching her... this is brutal you guys.

Video in the hospital:

Corinne Hughes

There are also lots of pictures of Kylee. She appeared to be adored by many people. She went with her Dad or other family just about every weekend. She had doctor's visits and hospital trips (normal for a child with Ds, not suspicious.) This wasn't a child that was kept from everyone. So I don't believe there was long term abuse going on here, at least. I'm consoling myself with that right now. I think.... I hope this may have been a situation of losing control one time.

Kylee just started walking a year ago, which is definitely delayed even for a child with Ds. Omg this video. Maybe I'm not objective.... but this looks loving to me!

Walking video:

Corinne Hughes

And this other video of her walking:

Corinne Hughes

It appears that Corinne didn't have custody of her first two kids. However, I think people had hope that she had turned it around now. There is a similar person I know of, that really screwed up with her first three kids but so far the 4th one she's doing really well with.

I'M NOT DEFENDING THEM YOU GUYS.
However, I have hope that this wasn't a long term abuse situation. Please... let it be just a one time thing.

Such a beautiful child. The world really lost someone special!!! It's too sad.

Watching the videos indeed, he seemed to be attached to her. How could he brutalize her that way? I don't understand.

Such a beautiful child. The world really lost someone special!!! It's too sad.

Watching the videos indeed, he seemed to be attached to her. How could he brutalize her that way? I don't understand.
Nor do I. And after following so many awful cases of a caretaker lashing out and beating an innocent child to death I no longer believe in the "snapped" or "one time" theory.

For one thing, an adult knows full well that they will do great harm to a child many pounds lighter than themselves and there is always at least one brief moment when they could choose to stop.

For another, rarely is a child killed from a single blow - unless that blow was so intense that death was inevitable. We're not talking a slap or a push. So often they downplay just how hard and how long they battered the child.

Another - an intense hit/blow is pretty obvious and would call for 911 to be contacted to bring help, yet over and over again we see the perpetrators "putting the child to bed," "monitoring them over time" or contacting the parent for what - advice? Why? Because IMO they know they did something really, really bad and have gone into CYA mode with no concern for the child.

All this is just MOO. I wish LE, the courts and the lawmakers would stop nitpicking child abuse laws and call it what it is - assault with a deadly weapon aka someone's fists. Bah. End of rant.

This makes me nauseated. There is nothing more wicked than torturing and killing the vulnerable. I will never become desensitized to these types of crimes.

Why was this man trusted to be near children?
Did he have a criminal background?
Did he lie to his girlfriend (if he had a prior criminal background)?
Did he have anger management problems? Aggression, rage, poor-impulse control, etc. are signs.

There had to be signs that he was an angry man, right? Researching his criminal background would help us find out.

IMO, if I had young children and was dating, similar to hiring policies and requirements for volunteering with children, I would request a criminal background check in order to make sure my boyfriend would be "cleared" to be around children...

Additionally, it's possible that the mother did not know who she was dealing with. Although there are usually signs, she could have been blindsided by this man.

Last edited:
Nor do I. And after following so many awful cases of a caretaker lashing out and beating an innocent child to death I no longer believe in the "snapped" or "one time" theory.

For one thing, an adult knows full well that they will do great harm to a child many pounds lighter than themselves and there is always at least one brief moment when they could choose to stop.

For another, rarely is a child killed from a single blow - unless that blow was so intense that death was inevitable. We're not talking a slap or a push. So often they downplay just how hard and how long they battered the child.

Another - an intense hit/blow is pretty obvious and would call for 911 to be contacted to bring help, yet over and over again we see the perpetrators "putting the child to bed," "monitoring them over time" or contacting the parent for what - advice? Why? Because IMO they know they did something really, really bad and have gone into CYA mode with no concern for the child.

All this is just MOO. I wish LE, the courts and the lawmakers would stop nitpicking child abuse laws and call it what it is - assault with a deadly weapon aka someone's fists. Bah. End of rant.

Great post. And thought provoking. I realize after reading this that you're right on all counts. We can't diminish this. As much as videos and photos seemed to show someone who was bonded with beautiful Kylee, you're right. He brutalized her and it was unlikely to be one time or one blow.

In fact, perusing mom's Facebook, someone posted a screen shot of a text convo in which the mom complained that her boyfriend was too rough with their infant when he cried and wouldn't sleep at night. And while she said he hadn't hurt him she worried that he might.

She knew. And left her special needs child alone with this man who could not control his temper around children or cope with their needs.

This makes me nauseated. There is nothing more wicked than torturing and killing the vulnerable. I will never become desensitized to these types of crimes.

Why was this man trusted to be near children?
Did he have a criminal background?
Did he lie to his girlfriend (if he had a prior criminal background)?
Did he have anger management problems? Aggression, rage, poor-impulse control, etc. are signs.

There had to be signs that he was an angry man, right? Researching his criminal background would help us find out.

IMO, if I had young children and was dating, similar to hiring policies and requirements for volunteering with children, I would request a criminal background check in order to make sure my boyfriend would be "cleared" to be around children...

Additionally, it's possible that the mother did not know who she was dealing with. Although there are usually signs, she could have been blindsided by this man.

She's such a beautiful child. Very special. I feel like so many people would've been thrilled to raise her and call her their own.

And she had a dad and grandparents, uncles and aunts and babysitters and neighbors who adored her. The mother could've allowed that precious baby to go with anyone of them rather than be subjected to that man's temper.

I don't know if he has a criminal background. I wouldn't allow any unrelated male to babysit or be alone with my child regardless. The risk of abuse simply increases when kids live with step dads or new boyfriends. And there may be science to explain why.

In any event, a screenshot on mom's Facebook posted by someone appears to show she knew he couldn't cope with their infant crying at night as knew his capacity for violence.

Oh , I think the "mom" (hate to call her that) knew. Esp. if she posted about his temper with the baby on FB.
People so often seem to show a 'perfect' life on FB. But she thought it was important enough to post it.
Yet she stayed with him and even allowed him to babysit.

And this little angel had Downs.
Even more vulnerable.
A friend who works with children with downs said they're often quite gentle and trusting. :(

Horrible and nauseating.

It's too bad the egg donor's other child could be taken from her permanently-- until he's grown.
I do not trust people who allow their S.O's to abuse their little ones and do nothing to stop them.
There's no 'parenting class' she can take that will automatically make her a better 'mother' who makes great choices. She'd just hook up with another abuser.

Rest and fly with the angels, Kylee !
You didn't deserve the vile adults that were entrusted to your care.

Last edited:
Also Mom had 2 children removed from her care prior to this horrible tragedy. I’ve been snooping through her FB page and took several screen shots of her older daughter (still very young) with a broken arm, and bruises all over her face, at different time periods. A black eye as well. Yet there are not any comments in regards to it. This “Mom” comes off absolutely obsessed with her fiancé the abuser. A friend of hers commented that she had left him for beating her (the “mother” Corrine Blake) the year before but got back together with him. ‍♀️

Also Mom had 2 children removed from her care prior to this horrible tragedy. I’ve been snooping through her FB page and took several screen shots of her older daughter (still very young) with a broken arm, and bruises all over her face, at different time periods. A black eye as well. Yet there are not any comments in regards to it. This “Mom” comes off absolutely obsessed with her fiancé the abuser. A friend of hers commented that she had left him for beating her (the “mother” Corrine Blake) the year before but got back together with him. ‍♀️

I wonder how that works exactly.... Two children removed but now with a special needs child, a baby, and an abusive boyfriend. Was there any monitor of her parenting? Was anyone who saw that FB post concerned for the children? This tragedy was completely preventable, and I hurt for that darling girl and how she must have felt.

Oh , I think the "mom" (hate to call her that) knew. Esp. if she posted about his temper with the baby on FB.
People so often seem to show a 'perfect' life on FB. But she thought it was important enough to post it.
Yet she stayed with him and even allowed him to babysit.

And this little angel had Downs.
Even more vulnerable.
A friend who works with children with downs said they're often quite gentle and trusting. :(

Horrible and nauseating.

It's too bad the egg donor's other child could be taken from her permanently-- until he's grown.
I do not trust people who allow their S.O's to abuse their little ones and do nothing to stop them.
There's no 'parenting class' she can take that will automatically make her a better 'mother' who makes great choices. She'd just hook up with another abuser.

Rest and fly with the angels, Kylee !
You didn't deserve the vile adults that were entrusted to your care.

Oh I think she's going to lose this child. Perusing her FB comments it appears it's not her first rodeo with CPS. She had other kids.

This one is going to be hard to get over. Videos of this little girl. Wow. So beautiful. I know all kids are special but she was a particularly wonderful gift to her undeserving mother and to the world.

Why do some women feel their S.O. Has any remote interest in their child? If I had a minor child & dated a man a few times, I would not assume he loved or even cared about my child. That, he would have to prove & it would take many, many years. Jmo

Great post. And thought provoking. I realize after reading this that you're right on all counts. We can't diminish this. As much as videos and photos seemed to show someone who was bonded with beautiful Kylee, you're right. He brutalized her and it was unlikely to be one time or one blow.

In fact, perusing mom's Facebook, someone posted a screen shot of a text convo in which the mom complained that her boyfriend was too rough with their infant when he cried and wouldn't sleep at night. And while she said he hadn't hurt him she worried that he might.

She knew. And left her special needs child alone with this man who could not control his temper around children or cope with their needs.

I am so sorry to hear this, and did not see it when I was going through mom's FB. Yeah, that changes everything for me. It's likely Kylee lived on the roller coaster of the BF's mood. Poor sweet vibrant child. This is just heartbreaking.

I am so sorry to hear this, and did not see it when I was going through mom's FB. Yeah, that changes everything for me. It's likely Kylee lived on the roller coaster of the BF's mood. Poor sweet vibrant child. This is just heartbreaking.

IMO mom was more interested in having a boyfriend than her children having a life free of abuse. First time she suspected the murderer of being too upset or angry he should have been kicked to the curb.

One of my very best friends had Down Syndrome. I would have taken that baby in a hot minute if these people simply couldn't deal, it looks like many people in her family would have as well. Just....arrrrrgggghhhh. Sometimes I hate humans.

My heart breaks and the tears flow every time I open this page. Why do women (young and old) choose a man over their children? If I remember correctly mom ( I use that term loosely) had been with him a couple of years? Did he work? If I remember right I read she worked. Free, convenient babysitter is what I think.

I also agree with comments above. I wonder if this was the ONLY time anything had happened to the kids while in his care? Children are so forgiving, she probably loved him, and then he killed her. :(

All MOO, IMHOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back