Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sleuths! I am new here.

I have been following these threads since Leah went missing. I live just outside of MK, and I work in Milton Keynes, near Caldecotte lake.

This case has seriously disturbed me. I feel hugely for her family, and also for Leah. Whatever has happened, I have a deep feeling that it is awful. Like most of you, I don't believe she has run away, the lack of money, and the phone being off, really doesn't scream a runaway scenario.

What I will point out is, I am a few years older than Leah, and today on my lunch break, I took a walk to get away from my desk. I share my location with my family via Whatsapp anytime I go out on my own now since Leah went missing. At the end of my walk around caldecotte lake, I noticed a guy who I had seen before, he was on a bike, and approached me and my friend - he didn't ask us anything, just stared at us, almost waiting for us to stop. We didn't stop of course, and he got annoyed and cycled off. Today, alone, I see the same guy. I was of course immediately nervous. The weird part for me, was that he was cycling to begin with. Then, he turned around, saw me, and dismounted his bike, walking extremely slowly alongside his bike. I was so scared. I was on the phone the whole time, and I was absolutely certain he was waiting for me to get off the phone so he could approach me. I am not going walking alone again.

My point is, this was broad daylight, and clearly this guy recognised me from before. I am not saying this guy has taken or harmed Leah, but I am saying that there are odd characters everywhere, and we have to encourage people to be alert and vigilant.

Regarding your comments above about the reward. I wonder if the TVP are not interested in the money as it could cause more false reportings of Leah? At this point, if somebody knew something and is the type of person to be swayed by money, I am sure they would have come forward. Equally, it's unlikely that the person who has something to do with Leah's disappearance would be swayed by money to tell the police where she is. It's too risky for them.

The whole thing is horrendous and I think about her all the time. I seriously hope they find something new soon. In the meantime, it does help to read your messages and I hope I can offer something or answer some of your questions, being from the same area as Leah (although I have noticed a few MK locals on here anyway! :cool:)

From BringMe's link above

very poor response ( lack of ) from the police if this is accurate ( no reason it shouldnt be )

but this line stood out

If I knew where Leah's family lived I'd approach them myself. all I'm trying to do is help."

That surprises me.

I can't comment on your bolded since I can't access that article, sorry.

JMOO but I understand plod are never keen on people offering rewards. There seem to be a lot of people that inundate plod with sightings, info, etc once a reward is on the table (why did these people wait to give information?) and understandably it can seriously tie up manpower and waste police time.

Any offer of a reward has to be done after serious consideration imo.

Again jmoo, but from previous cases phoning 101 with something important is not a great idea. For plod to eventually get the message takes too long understandably after all the filtering - ring a direct number or even 999 with important details, things do get missed. jmo.

I can't comment on your bolded since I can't access that article, sorry.

JMOO but I understand plod are never keen on people offering rewards. There seem to be a lot of people that inundate plod with sightings, info, etc once a reward is on the table (why did these people wait to give information?) and understandably it can seriously tie up manpower and waste police time.

Any offer of a reward has to be done after serious consideration imo.

Again jmoo, but from previous cases phoning 101 with something important is not a great idea. For plod to eventually get the message takes too long understandably after all the filtering - ring a direct number or even 999 with important details, things do get missed. jmo.

But there is already a reward in place? Why not increase it?

In an ideal world there wouldn’t need to be an offer of a reward for someone to do the right thing, but here we are

There was a funfair at the National Bowl on 14th - 17th Feb, it lies between Furzon lake and Tear drop lakes - spooky.

Last edited:
But there is already a reward in place? Why not increase it?

In an ideal world there wouldn’t need to be an offer of a reward for someone to do the right thing, but here we are

Well, why increase it if the reward offered hasn't helped? Where do you stop?

I would be really interested to hear of a case in the UK that has been resolved or even forwarded by an offered reward.

I would add that imo an offer of a reward does is increase publicity in MSM.

It seems that the press office apologised for not passing the message on but does not mention why 101 did not pass it on or why it was ignored.

Even if they know what likely happened it seems strange to not accept an offer of an extended award when they don’t appear to have located Leah.

Totally bizarre.

Nancy Drew, in your situation I would write down everything about that strange man so that you have very accurate details, in case you want to report it at a future time. (I would probably report it online actually but our police force are pretty good at receiving info).

As it was mentioned earlier ,a reward could bring out numerous sightings all which would need someone to log and investigate which would stretch police resources which could be concentrated on the leads they already have.

In my opinion, large rewards, since the Karen Matthews case,have not been encouraged.

I understand logically about the police refusing the additional award. I don’t understand emotionally.

I understand logically about the police refusing the additional award. I don’t understand emotionally.

I am sorry I do not understand your .post.
Could you explain what you mean by emotionally

Sorry for just regurgitating what others have said but the lack of updates on this case is constantly baffling to me. 8 weeks missing this week and no new photos released, no videos of Leah, no new information whatsoever (other than the reward money news coverage). I really hope there's a breakthrough soon and Leah's family get the answers they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member